Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Departed Premiers - 21 gone 2-2-5-3-0-5-0-1-1-2 - 2 left

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming Cloke departs, we'll be left with only:

Pendles
Sidey
Brown
Reid
Goldsack
Blair
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:38 pm

16). Dane Swan

E 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:33 pm

piedys wrote:
E wrote:
R u still paying your taxes chicken boy?

Only 2 posts from Ma Parmo in 2016.
cue: crickets chirping...

The poor guy probably doesn't have time to post now that he has to line up for the unemployment benefits. a far cry from the guy who claimed to be such a big bread winner while trying to belittle other posters......

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:04 pm

E wrote:
The poor guy probably doesn't have time to post now that he has to line up for the unemployment benefits. a far cry from the guy who claimed to be such a big bread winner while trying to belittle other posters......

I know you two had that scuffle back in 2013, earlier in the thread.
I hadn't noticed him upsetting any other posters though?
I don't like to see any of our posters vanish into thin air during the season...

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:19 pm

17). Nathan Brown

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:46 pm

Who'd have thought that we'd get down to 5 and that Blair and Goldsack would be in that 5?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Blair was one of the youngest, so definitely expected that. Goldsack a bit of a surprise.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:28 pm

piedys wrote:
I know you two had that scuffle back in 2013, earlier in the thread.I hadn't noticed him upsetting any other posters though?
I don't like to see any of our posters vanish into thin air during the season...

Still here Piedys, 7 Grand kids and work keep me pretty busy, only drop in to stay in touch with all the goss these days. I find it hard not to check in during trade time though, I think Ive started to enjoy it more than the season proper of late.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:40 pm

.....will there still be 5 left by 2PM Thursday?
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:13 pm

Will there indeed! This has been an absolute 5 year nightmare, and I dearly hope I wake up to find it was all a bad dream, and it's ¾ time in the 2011 Granny. When I awake & my darling wife brings me coffee I'll watch Swanny torch the cats, kicking 4 in the last. Fatarse Hawkins will do nothin as his guts explode, and Selwood ducks his ugly bonse once too often and a Marley coat hanger sees it come off completely. By the time Pendles kicks his third we are 40 up and the siren is imminent. Soon Eddie & Bucks will do a presser and announce that only complete nutters would dump a coach who'd won the last 2 flags. They've decided to stick with MM, & Bucks is happy to wait a couple more years, learning all he can from the Master, until his turn arrives in another year or three.
What a wonderful life!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Big turnovers at clubs that win a flag are very common, just watch a bevy of Doggies flee the kennel over the next few seasons. From their three peat, the dawks have now lost their icons Mitchell and Lewis, with more too come. Nothing to see here.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:33 pm

One thing not considered here, when comparing this premiership side to previous ones is how different the landscape of player movement has changed, even in the past 3-4 years player movement across the entire competition has vastly grown.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Swan, Tooves, Trav, Brown, Marsh, Caff, Goodyear & Frost. That's 8 guys gone from the Senior list. Over athird of a match day side. Obviously these have to be replaced, and we already have 2 of those, although both are forwards (Wells being a Fwd/Mid), and we only lost 1 true forward. We also have Callum Brown & Josh Daicos earmarked, again a fwd/mid, & a mid, neither of whom should be expected to play in 2017.
That leaves 4 players to get and still no backs. It is well known we are looking at Will Hoskin-Elliot (our first hyphenated player?), and have been linked to a couple more... no defenders though.
I believe losing both Brown & Frost was a mistake, and we don't appear to be doing anything to rectify that. Losing Marsh, who I am convinced will be a great player was very sad, and I wish we'd offered him very good money to stick around. He was brilliant in several games, particularly the win over Free where he was among our best, certainly the best defender on the ground. Unfortunately he was injured in that game, but played every game on his return a fortnight later. This makes one wonder why he missed the first 11 games & what difference he might have made. I believe that he is still a Collingwood player at the moment as no deal has been made, and it disgusts me how little we are getting for our departing players. Surely the kid is worth offering good money to? I truly believe he'll be a gun, and it's unlikely we'll trade for or draft a better defender.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:30 pm

35forever wrote:
Swan, Tooves, Trav, Brown, Marsh, Caff, Goodyear & Frost. That's 8 guys gone from the Senior list. Over athird of a match day side. Obviously these have to be replaced, and we already have 2 of those, although both are forwards (Wells being a Fwd/Mid), and we only lost 1 true forward. We also have Callum Brown & Josh Daicos earmarked, again a fwd/mid, & a mid, neither of whom should be expected to play in 2017.
That leaves 4 players to get and still no backs. It is well known we are looking at Will Hoskin-Elliot (our first hyphenated player?), and have been linked to a couple more... no defenders though.
I believe losing both Brown & Frost was a mistake, and we don't appear to be doing anything to rectify that. Losing Marsh, who I am convinced will be a great player was very sad, and I wish we'd offered him very good money to stick around. He was brilliant in several games, particularly the win over Free where he was among our best, certainly the best defender on the ground. Unfortunately he was injured in that game, but played every game on his return a fortnight later. This makes one wonder why he missed the first 11 games & what difference he might have made. I believe that he is still a Collingwood player at the moment as no deal has been made, and it disgusts me how little we are getting for our departing players. Surely the kid is worth offering good money to? I truly believe he'll be a gun, and it's unlikely we'll trade for or draft a better defender.

Including Cloke, Witts and (probably) Williams, it adds up to 11 players gone. That's pretty much unheard of from my recollection. That's what happens when a team like ours under performs so badly.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
35forever wrote:

Including Cloke, Witts and (probably) Williams, it adds up to 11 players gone. That's pretty much unheard of from my recollection. That's what happens when a team like ours under performs so badly.

Add the RL players like Golds, Wyatt and Gault and you're out to 14.

In 2010 we had 12 changes, 2011 - 10, 2012 - 11, 2013 - 10, 2014 - 10, and 2015 - 11 so 14 changes does set a new high for recent times but only just and assuming all the trades come to fruition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13   

Jump to: