Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Slipper resigns...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruno and his little mate remind me of little Young Liberals I used to encounter in AUS. If you let them they were capable of great distraction with their hooting but at the end of the day they were irrelevant distractions from the main game. Engaging with them just made them louder as the attention they were given fed their need for attention seeking. When it came to Realpolitik they were irrelevant.

I couldn't give a rats ass what Bruno and his mate think. Jones is vermin of the worst sort. I applaud anything and everything that is done to him, eery act that brings his removal from public life closer to being achieved.

It would be fitting for Jones to be given similar treatment to Adorno. That would shake up the bitter old closet queen no end! Laughing Laughing

Bruno 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:29 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Bruno and his little mate remind me of little Young Liberals I used to encounter in AUS. If you let them they were capable of great distraction with their hooting but at the end of the day they were irrelevant distractions from the main game. Engaging with them just made them louder as the attention they were given fed their need for attention seeking. When it came to Realpolitik they were irrelevant.

I couldn't give a rats ass what Bruno and his mate think. Jones is vermin of the worst sort. I applaud anything and everything that is done to him, eery act that brings his removal from public life closer to being achieved.

It would be fitting for Jones to be given similar treatment to Adorno. That would shake up the bitter old closet queen no end! Laughing Laughing

Interesting, Katherine Deveny also made light of Alan Jones struggle with his sexuality. I thought Lefties were supposed to lead the way on anti-homophobia.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:45 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
David wrote:
Bruno, I take it you haven't read any of my posts of late (it's ok, I know they can be a little tedious!). I've always vigorously argued against public figures' private lives and private communications being used against them. I also voiced my displeasure with the tactics employed by Jones's sponsors and opponents in the wake of the recent scandal.

I don't think it's ever, ever okay to hang someone over a private message, unless it happens to be construed as threatening or harassing to the recipient (confusingly, this is what Slipper is being accused of, but not because of his allegedly 'sexist' texts). Unless you and Tony Abbott are happy for us to sort through every single private letter, email, text message, photograph and conversation you've ever exchanged before forwarding the contents on to your boss and demanding your resignation, it's massively hypocritical of you to assert that Slipper should have been sacked over this.

We don't live in an Orwellian state — yet. I've generally been under the impression that most people think that's a good thing. I'm not so sure about Tony any more.

Lol you witless softcock David! Laughing You'd hate what I'd to that vermin if he ever got within swinging distance of me and my baseball bat. Laughing

Really? I'll take my politics over yours, thanks. Careful you don't wreak too much damage with your bat, you might find people stop disagreeing with you!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:58 pm

I did enjoy hearing that the LNP would accept Slippers Vote. Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Haha. The terribly ironic but predictable cost of hypocrisy. Wouldn't it be nice — and no, I don't believe this'll happen for a second — if the Opposition learned from this and stopped advocating ridiculous moralist standards that they themselves could never live up to? Police the text messages; don't accept the vote of Bad MPs; sack people in the midst of court cases — civil liberties apparently go out the window if it's politically expedient. The Liberals really are a disgrace of a party.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Bruno wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Bruno wrote:
Labor politicians apparently very hard to get a hold of for media interviews this morning.

Oh FFS. Listen to the radio you fool. You can't book them for an interview 'cause they are all out in studios doing interviews to capitalise on Gillard's demolition of Abbott yesterday. I've just switched off another one 'cause I had other things to do, but it was good radio.

No, wait. I suppose you are listening to the Alan Jones Show. Well, I guess you are right - there won't be too many politicians appearing on that remnant of a radio show. (Other than Jones' protege Abbott, of course, who loves the man so much he stole his favourite funeral insult. What a disgrace that man is.)

Nup. They have ALL gone into hiding Tannin. Every one of them. Peter Garrett's excuse was that he had to wash his hair.

Bruno, what planet are you on today? I've been listening to politicians of all parties doing interviews all morning. I honestly have no clue where you dredge this horseshit up from, 'cause that's what you are spouting, pure, unadulterated, 100% horseshit. They were talking on the friggin radio while I was reading your post, FFS! I guess it's just more Liberal lies. I should be used to that by now.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 pm

^ And no sooner do I post to rebut your absurd claim than another Labor politician is talking on the radio, together with a Liberal opponent. You really need to get a clue about facts and evidence, Bruno.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Bruno wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

Interesting, Katherine Deveny also made light of Alan Jones struggle with his sexuality. I thought Lefties were supposed to lead the way on anti-homophobia.

Being gay myself, my comment is not homophobic at all. Just an opinion by me about the status of Jones' sexuality and its effects on his psyche. And since Jones likes to indulge in a bit of self hating gay bashing on air from time to time, he is no friend of the gay community and gets no sympathy from us regarding his predicament.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Being gay myself, my comment is not homophobic at all.

There is a logical disconnect here. Jones is .... well .... let's just say it's on the public record that he isn't quite gay, at least not publicly in the practicising sense, but close enough for our purposes, and what does he have to say by way of vitriolic homophobia?

(Possibly nothing. I've never heard him pass comment on that topic, but one assumes that his view is as disgracefully bigoted as all his other views. But you never know.)

CP 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Bruno wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

Being gay myself, my comment is not homophobic at all. Just an opinion by me about the status of Jones' sexuality and its effects on his psyche. And since Jones likes to indulge in a bit of self hating gay bashing on air from time to time, he is no friend of the gay community and gets no sympathy from us regarding his predicament.

Cool.

So being part of a racial minority AND a religious person allows me to make remarks that would normally be considered racist or bigoted with impunity.

Ya know, because (nudge nudge wink wink) I'm one of those.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Side bar, does anyone think that Slippers texts were actually so grossly offensive?

I read them in the paper this morning, they were juvenile and anatomically inaccurate, but I've heard (and said) a hell of a lot worse.

Is some of this trial by social media becoming just a bit too precious? People are taking offense at things when they don't actually know what was said and turning it into collective witch hunts and pecking parties.

have we all become that thin skinned?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Nope. It's just the Liberals desperate to distract attention from their very, very public failings this week. Normally, no-one would pay more than a moment's attention. Last week they dragged Margie Abbott out to get some headline space back; this week they go after Slipper. Next week it will be Craig Thompson again, unless they think of some other nice distraction in the meantime. Bet money on it, you cannot lose.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:59 pm

^

Well the other bloke from the HSU in Sydney is facing charges, so I'd bet some mud will slip off.

Both sides are going down hill badly with the character attacks. None of changes anyones mind, it just reinforces their beliefs. Those who hate Abbott with passion look for every opportunity to rip into him, ditto with Gillard.

Eddie made a great comment this morning, he referred to Bud as the best opposition leader EVER in Australia, but qualified that by saying it's no guarantee he would be any good as PM.

I haven't watched the whole 15 minutes of Jules giving Bud a spray but I was rapt to see her drop the mechanised speech and actually react with some passion. I don't mind her, but I wont be surprised if history judges her harshly.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:18 pm

CP wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
Bruno wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:

Cool.

So being part of a racial minority AND a religious person allows me to make remarks that would normally be considered racist or bigoted with impunity.

Ya know, because (nudge nudge wink wink) I'm one of those.

Only about your own group. Step outside that and your fair game.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 pm

The LNP could have been big winners yesterday but coming out saying they will still accept Slippers vote is a fail. Also the PM fired so many salvos backed with evidence that they broke even in the end. Today, well Tony Abbott goes on about a Pensioners Electricty bill and surprise he got caught out big time. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-10/abbott-caught-out-on-use-of-pensioner27s-power-bill/4305908

Fail Fail Fail Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15   

Jump to: