Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Slipper resigns...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more pearlers from Keating from the website Paul insults Keating:

On Former Shadow Treasurer, Jim Carlton:

Jim Carlton: "Madame Speaker I ask that the offensive term used by the Treasurer be withdrawn."

Keating: "I withdraw it. I wouldn't hurt his feelings for quids. The fact is that the farmer..."

Allen Rocher: "On a point of order Madame Speaker; Can you please inform the house whether the Treasurer withdrew his comment?"

Keating: "Of course I did. I wouldn't offend Old Rosie over there."

"I was nearly chloroformed by the performance of the Honorable Member for Mackellar. It nearly put me right out for the afternoon."

On Former Labour politician, Jim McClelland (over the phone):

"That you Jim? Paul Keating here. Just because you swallowed a f***ing dictionary when you were about 15 doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of shit over the rest of us."

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bruno 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:55 am

What you are highlighting though WPT are quotes which are mostly from Parliamentary Question Time.

What I am getting at is that when Gillard goes on 7:30 or Meet The Press or Q&A she will say the word "Abbott" upwards of 20 - 30 times. Furthermore, if someone does something which has nothing to do with Abbott, she will try to link it with Abbott. She spends too much air time talking about the opposition rather then just talking about her own agenda. Keating never did this.

Let a head kicker like Albanese spend precious limited air time on the ugly bashing stuff.

As Prime Minister, beyond colorful exchanges in Parliament, she should be above it.

By the way, I actually don't find all that many of these quotes at all that great. I had thought he was a lot better then these.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:58 am

Bruno wrote:
What you are highlighting though WPT are quotes which are mostly from Parliamentary Question Time.

By the way, I actually don't find all that many of these quotes at all that great. I had thought he was a lot better then these.

Those quotes above were from but not only from Question time.

They are merely a selection from a student website.

The point being both Prime Minsters did refer to their adversaries.

I take your point though about too much focus on Abbott.

However if it is about image & polling, it seems to have worked. Abbott looks like yesterdays man or as Keating would say, he looks like a (political) carcass wearing a suit.

With respect to Keatings repertoire, these are but a few. Apart from the Redfern speech the real pearler amongst many was the comparison of members of the opposition front bench to fire crackers. Go & see Keating the Opera - It's hysterical & covers what he said including characters like Howard, Hawke, Peacok, Hewson. No matter what side of politics it's very funny.

Some of us know the manner in which Keating delivered his "material", you might be too young to appreciate that.

If you didn't laugh at any of the things Keating said then stop eating so many lemons Wink Very Happy Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:05 am

The mad monk wouldn't fart unless the Pope gave his blessing so when he serves his head on a plate it's no wonder he gets it kicked.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:08 am

Is that a fact.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:43 am

Ashby and the LNP are challenging the decision. Backed into a corner where it's going to cost them money and politically they have no choice.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Interesting article about Ashby here: http://www.michaellynchfamilylawyers.com.au/media/articles/what-is-a-vexatious-litigant
Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Yeah WPT, i reckon history will show Howard held in higher regard than Keating.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Big T wrote:

Depends whose doing the writing.

Keating however was funnier Very Happy

I give Howard kudos for 2 significant things:

1. East Timor
2. Gun Laws

The rest of it IMO he was a nasty c*nt & a pr*ick (just to be even gendered with respect to using genitalia as a form of abuse ). Wink

Last edited by watt price tully on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:10 pm

watt price tully wrote:
with respect to using gentilia as a form of abuse

Well, people have been using jewry as a form of abuse for centuries, no reason why they can't use gentilia.

Or, of course, you could always do something completely different and resort to something anatomical, such as genitalia. Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Tannin wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
with respect to using gentilia as a form of abuse

Well, people have been using jewry as a form of abuse for centuries, no reason why they can't use gentilia.

Or, of course, you could always do something completely different and resort to something anatomical, such as genitalia. Wink

I went to the opthamologist yesterday. I need reading glasses otherwise 100% heathy eyes. Using my daughters macbook made it a lot harder for me to read Embarassed

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:45 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Big T wrote:

1. East Timor
2. Gun Laws

The rest of it IMO he was a nasty c*nt & a pr*ick (just to be even gendered with respect to using gentilia as a form of abuse ). Wink

You've got to be kidding, Big T. History is already showing Howard to have been a backward experiment in stalling inevitable progress - all the while being a miserable pric* as WPT says.

Reform of the entire economy including floating of the dollar - done despite the pric*. Lasting inflation-fighting Accord with the unions - done despite the pric*. The best superannuation scheme in the world - done despite the pric* Integration with Asia - done despite the pric*. The formation of APEC - done despite the pric*. Multiculturalism - done despite the pric*. Apology - done despite the pric*. NBN - done despite the pric* propping up Telstra. Republic - coming soon despite the pric*. Iraq and Afghanistan - pathetic unethical failure championed by the pric*. Work choices - obsessive miserable failure pushed by the pric*. Miserable treatment of refugees for political gain - international embarrassment driven by the pric*. Bitter miserable politics - lasting national damage unleashed by the pric*.

What a disgraceful waste of 11 years of economic and social development setup and driven by Hawke and Keating. The only people who will long for his memory are those of much the same miserable selfish character.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:55 pm

^ but apart from that he was a nice bloke?
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ but apart from that he was a nice bloke?

I guess he did give us one of the great moments in cricket history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o8by05rtMY

Laughing

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:53 pm

pietillidie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Big T wrote:

1. East Timor
2. Gun Laws

The rest of it IMO he was a nasty c*nt & a pr*ick (just to be even gendered with respect to using gentilia as a form of abuse ). Wink

You've got to be kidding, Big T. History is already showing Howard to have been a backward experiment in stalling inevitable progress - all the while being a miserable pric* as WPT says.

Reform of the entire economy including floating of the dollar - done despite the pric*. Lasting inflation-fighting Accord with the unions - done despite the pric*. The best superannuation scheme in the world - done despite the pric* Integration with Asia - done despite the pric*. The formation of APEC - done despite the pric*. Multiculturalism - done despite the pric*. Apology - done despite the pric*. NBN - done despite the pric* propping up Telstra. Republic - coming soon despite the pric*. Iraq and Afghanistan - pathetic unethical failure championed by the pric*. Work choices - obsessive miserable failure pushed by the pric*. Miserable treatment of refugees for political gain - international embarrassment driven by the pric*. Bitter miserable politics - lasting national damage unleashed by the pric*.

What a disgraceful waste of 11 years of economic and social development setup and driven by Hawke and Keating. The only people who will long for his memory are those of much the same miserable selfish character.

Sure, thats a well balanced and non biased comparison. Fair dinkum you party boffins are all so biased and one eyed that politics has become a mere extension of your football based tribalism. Its certainly not the centre for independent thought around here. Twist a few facts and ram them down the throat of anyone who has the unfortunate experience to drift by.

And spare me the "Abbott punched a wall" boo hoo cry baby antics, when u r so full of hatd and vitriol when describing opposing parties. U r the same.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15   

Jump to: