Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpire Matt Stevic

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

ronrat wrote:
A special mention. When that soft free was paid against Heater for a shepherd and the Cows golaed in the first quarter some twat dobbed me in for calling the umpire a "useless bald bastard" and I was spoken to by 3 security guards. All around me four letter words were being used but some dobber has me in the gun. To the 4 of of you sitting in front of me where I was standing(and have been since the GSS reopened) sit there again you will hear a lot worse. Possibly about taking up seats used by the disabled. And to the redhead security slut on the m11 gate running off every five seconds to report people complaining about that pathetic umpiring go to the gym, lose 8 inches around your arse, smile a bit, stop being precious, use decent make up and go to a nightclub on a friday night and see if you can get laid. I can only think that the lot of the wowsers were related to MCBurney or Stevic.

Should have stayed with us, those kids had a lesson in language from me anyway!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Cloke was robbed as was the Crows Lynch. The umpires made some errors but overall it was pretty consistent. Get over it. How many mistakes do in your job on a full time basis? The umpiring has improved since Geish was sacked. It's never going to be 100% perfect. I am all for consistency which is what is happening. 2 clear errors in a game if footy is pretty good.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Culprit wrote:
Cloke was robbed as was the Crows Lynch. The umpires made some errors but overall it was pretty consistent. Get over it. How many mistakes do in your job on a full time basis? The umpiring has improved since Geish was sacked. It's never going to be 100% perfect. I am all for consistency which is what is happening. 2 clear errors in a game if footy is pretty good.

agree with you culprit. i didn't think it was as bad as many supporters made it out to be. besides, it's wasted emotion getting upset at them.

whilst cloke seems to get a raw deal it should hardly come as a surprise when he gets penalised.

mcburney is one of the more technical and pedantic umps and is perceived to crucify us. he doesn't discriminate and crucifies all teams equally.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 pm

John Wren wrote:
Culprit wrote:

agree with you culprit. i didn't think it was as bad as many supporters made it out to be. besides, it's wasted emotion getting upset at them.

whilst cloke seems to get a raw deal it should hardly come as a surprise when he gets penalised.

mcburney is one of the more technical and pedantic umps and is perceived to crucify us. he doesn't discriminate and crucifies all teams equally.

And THAT is precisely my point in this thread.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=70949&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I want umpires barely seen and certainly never heard. The best game in my book is where a total of 10 frees are paid with 5 for each team. Seriously, unless a player gets assaulted it should be play on!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:15 pm

jack_spain wrote:
I'll tell you what the only umpiring that was worse than at the G last night was at Trent Bridge when Broad was given not out after a knick so loud it could be heard around the world. Broad didn't walk and the Aussies had used up their reviews so we had to suck eggs.
I'll tell you what these umpires from third world countries are really susceptible to cheating with all the gambling on the sub-continent. I don't know why Australia and England don't tell the ICC (i.e. Indian Cricket Board) to take a flying leap and that we will provide our own umpires for the Ashes thank you very much! Twisted Evil

But back to the footy. I think that all umpires should be forced to declare allegiance with a team and that they are prohibited from umpiring in any game where their team is playing. That would mean of course that Hawthorn and Geelong games would be almost impossible to find umpires for. Razz

But seriously, it is time for neutral umpires in footy. I am heartily sick to death of the way we get rogered week in week out. They hate us, and the feeling is mutual. Evil or Very Mad

Jack your opinion, should he have walked??

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:45 pm

think positive wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
I'll tell you what the only umpiring that was worse than at the G last night was at Trent Bridge when Broad was given not out after a knick so loud it could be heard around the world. Broad didn't walk and the Aussies had used up their reviews so we had to suck eggs.
I'll tell you what these umpires from third world countries are really susceptible to cheating with all the gambling on the sub-continent. I don't know why Australia and England don't tell the ICC (i.e. Indian Cricket Board) to take a flying leap and that we will provide our own umpires for the Ashes thank you very much! Twisted Evil

But back to the footy. I think that all umpires should be forced to declare allegiance with a team and that they are prohibited from umpiring in any game where their team is playing. That would mean of course that Hawthorn and Geelong games would be almost impossible to find umpires for. Razz

But seriously, it is time for neutral umpires in footy. I am heartily sick to death of the way we get rogered week in week out. They hate us, and the feeling is mutual. Evil or Very Mad

Not really. How many Aussies have walked? I don't begrudge Broad, but the umpiring in this test match has been pathetic (not just this decision). I'll get flamed for this, but what else can you expect of Sub-continent umpires. Rolling Eyes
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:57 pm

jack_spain wrote:
think positive wrote:
jack_spain wrote:

Not really. How many Aussies have walked? I don't begrudge Broad, but the umpiring in this test match has been pathetic (not just this decision). I'll get flamed for this, but what else can you expect of Sub-continent umpires. Rolling Eyes

Cool Ta. That's my opinion, but I'm a Pom so I thought hubby had a point, and I might be biased!! But na I'll stick to my guns!!

Your right about the umps bias. I used to do kids clothing party's. Went to the house of an AFL umpires, the games room out the back where I set up was wall to wall bulldog memorabilia! I had a shot at him!

Cheers

orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:26 am
Post subject: Umpire Matt StevicReply with quote

King Monkey wrote:
Was quite surreal wasn't it??!!
Finish the long loud boo before joining in the song about halfway through! Lol.

Almost as surreal as the day at the G when Tazza FINALLY got his FIRST free kick at about the 25 minute mark of the last quarter and the Collingwood crowd gave the umpires a standing ovation.

It was a Fremantle game and Taz was getting scragged and pushed but could only give away frees but not get one. So when he got that free, the Collingwood fans stood and applauded for several minutes.. Even Brodie Holland was clapping right next to the ump. Even though we were losing , it was sooo funny. I will never forget it.

boofa 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 am

BUMP
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:42 pm

My Newest Most Hated Umpire this Flog
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

don't you hate them all?

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

don't you hate them all?

Spot On

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm

The modern day John Russo?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:24 pm

swoop42 wrote:
The modern day John Russo?

No the modern day Peter Cameron and Peter Carey. I happen to know from an ex (pre 1990) VFL umpire himself that those two former umpires actually despised Collingwood..... Exclamation
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Question: if McBurney, Chamberlin, Meredith and Stevic were trapped on a desert island, who would want to get eaten first?

I thought it was Meredith, but leaning more towards Stevic these days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: