Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Swans down Pies - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Demanding a proper pos finals umpire bash from Dyso, preferably as a new thread. Fck we were screwed.
GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 am

Big T wrote:
Demanding a proper pos finals umpire bash from Dyso, preferably as a new thread. Fck we were screwed.

Even the Swans fans agree they got pretty much everything on Friday night. Still wouldn't have changed the result.... just makes me more angry the more I think about it.

We were dead on our feet from the first minute.... astonishing that we kept it to only 26 points.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Interesting listening to Rodney Eade let a few things out of the bag about what happened on Friday night;

* Swan got a heavy knock two minutes into the game, wasn't right for the whole first half
* we were traveling for up to nine hours on Thursday, the day before the game, Eade basically admitted he knew that it would adversely effect us combined with the 6 day vs 14 day break
* He said Bucks was proud of the boys but knew it was coming, we just hadn't reached our full potential for a while now.

I, like Bucks am proud of our efforts, not only on Friday Night, but throughout 2012, we had shocking injuries in 04 and 05 and missed the finals under Mick, yet Bucks had similar injuries and got us to a prelim.

Bring on 2013. Very Happy
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:09 pm

Visdom wrote:
Eddie and the Board - tell the AFL we want a level playing field. A fair draw that does NOT have us playing the bottom six teams once, and playing our home games at the docklands against St Kilda North or the Dog. The Crows don't play home games at the MCG.

And umpires : who the hell can explain or justify Simon Meredith performance in the final against us = e.g. Roughead get run down running into an open goal and drops the ball against us - play on. Pendle's get his head ripped off in front of goal - no prior - ball spills free - incorrect disposal - goal. What that....

And when can you run over 100 m with 3 bounces??? When you play against Collingwood in a final.

And Justin Schmitt - no explaination he makes it up as he goes - just happen to fall against us.

Tell the AFL the game has NO integrity, tell them why, and pay the fine. Pride start off the ground.

I'm not excusing our lack of intensity at times v Hawthorn or Sydney but the umpiring in both games was absolutely disgraceful. Something needs to be done about it because at times it's blatantly obvious that the umps are biased, as abovementioned, but also at least ten times during the WCE v Coll'wood final I noticed frees that should have been paid to us ignored, or too many holding the ball decisions not given. A Pies player could swing a WCE player 360 degrees and they'd still be holding the ball - I was under the impression that was holding the ball?!
Not to mention other instances. But I won't go there, as I had my rant in another thread.
PS. Justin Schmidt should never umpire another AFL game. Full Stop.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:37 am

pies will crush the hawks this weekend. Lock it in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12   

Jump to: