Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Swans down Pies - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should blame JMac for ruining our flag hopes. How inconsiderate of him to die in the midst of our finals campaign. That's so un-Collingwood, and probably planed by the AFL to derail our season.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Our Club did the right thing in honoring J-Mac but they wouldn't have been happy hearing the funeral was going to be held a day prior to the game.
You're all lying to yourself if you don't think this was the case.
I realise that there was a strong possibility they couldn't arrange it earlier, just not happy with the way it all turned out.
But be my guest, mouth off as much as you want.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:46 pm

While the McCarthy death was a tragedy for his family and friends he was no longer a Collingwood player and wasn't a Collingwood star when he was here.

He was no Darren Millane.

The Collingwood football club and our finals campaign wouldn't have been of importance to his parents when arranging his funeral and rightly so.

While his death would affected his closest mates at the pies greatly the majority would have probably felt like a lot of us shocked and saddened by his death but still able to function at a near normal level.

It's very sad what happened but tragic occurrences happen every single day to people the only difference being most don't have a public profile and are only mourned by those who knew them.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:47 pm

I'd be horrified if I was a member of J-Mac's family & read that on a forum.

Side by side means just that & more so in times of sadness & grief.
If we're going by your logic when do you propose the funeral be held?

What if we had've beaten the Swans do they schedule the funeral during GF week or do we they wait?

I have a relation who used to be an embalmer & the body doesn't preserve all that well if you keep it sitting in a morgue mate.
The chemicals they use to keep the body looking "as natural" as possible don't last all that long.
This is why most funerals tend to take place within a week to 10 days of the time of death.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Beast wrote:
Our Club did the right thing in honoring J-Mac but they wouldn't have been happy hearing the funeral was going to be held a day prior to the game.
You're all lying to yourself if you don't think this was the case.
I realise that there was a strong possibility they couldn't arrange it earlier, just not happy with the way it all turned out.
But be my guest, mouth off as much as you want.

Done like a dinner McFeast. Laughing All those namby-pamby weaklings have been put into the little list you keep McFeast? Laughing Laughing

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Felt like a repeat of the Hawthorn game to me. Don't know if it's a question of endevour, but the tackling was just not good enough IMHO.
If your opponent can hit his target whilst being tackled - You're not doing it properly!

AND, backing yourself is one thing but at the expense of everything else is just pig headed!
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Keep on yapping lil ronnie and showing the world what a gutless and slimy worm you're.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Beast wrote:
Keep on yapping lil ronnie and showing the world what a gutless and slimy worm you're.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:52 pm

This thread just went to a whole new level of shit.
Visdom 

Success takes planning

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:46 pm

As we lick our wounds, I pause to recognize true courage. Winning is not about how hard you can hit, but rather how hard you can get hit, get up, and keep on fighting.

Bitter is the memory of this loss. It reminds me that I hate losing more than I enjoy winning.

There is significant upside to our team. But the lose did not come Friday night - it came round 3 to Carlton and round 21 to North. Winning mean bringing fanatical pressure to the ball at every contest every time.

So moving forward. I love to see Scarlett coaching our defense. Get the defense solid and you can attack with greater certainty. Cam Ling would be the perfect Mid coach - the perfect combination of attack and defense at the stoppage.

The summer is about skills. Our handball skills from round 1 to prelim final - NOT up to standard. Effective handballing BUYS you time, breaks the lines, and wins you the vital clearances under fire. All year we have specialized in the 'hospital' handpass - at or about shoulder height. The result is turnovers and frustration.

I believe we have the best list in the AFL but this will only take you so far. I am looking forward to the confident selfless and discipline play that made us the envy of the football world. Buckley is most committed man to the cause, and has the 'win at all cost' attitude that wins the big games.

Reload and prepare to hit the enemy full on. Go PIES 2013.

Visdom 

Success takes planning

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:58 pm

Eddie and the Board - tell the AFL we want a level playing field. A fair draw that does NOT have us playing the bottom six teams once, and playing our home games at the docklands against St Kilda North or the Dog. The Crows don't play home games at the MCG.

And umpires : who the hell can explain or justify Simon Meredith performance in the final against us = e.g. Roughead get run down running into an open goal and drops the ball against us - play on. Pendle's get his head ripped off in front of goal - no prior - ball spills free - incorrect disposal - goal. What that....

And when can you run over 100 m with 3 bounces??? When you play against Collingwood in a final.

And Justin Schmitt - no explaination he makes it up as he goes - just happen to fall against us.

Tell the AFL the game has NO integrity, tell them why, and pay the fine. Pride start off the ground.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 am

^ Nice Idea Brian re Scarlett. I also thought of him as an excellent assistant coach option for next year. I doubt we would get Ling as well. But definitely Scarlett would be a great option. I wonder if we could get him?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:48 am

If we're looking for a defensive coach who was a great defensive player, Ben Hart (our current defensive coach), doesn't lose much in comparison to Scarlett. And not every ex-player wants to coach.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
If we're looking for a defensive coach who was a great defensive player, Ben Hart (our current defensive coach), doesn't lose much in comparison to Scarlett. And not every ex-player wants to coach.

Scarlett has said he wants to coach. He's not sure if he wants to coach in 2013 but he says he wants to make that his career long term.

Hart maybe almost as well credentialed as Scarlett but we have struggled with transitions from defence all year. Way too much ball is turned over from kick outs, either directly through the opposition gaining possessions from marks from the kick outs or from us gaining unsafe play on possessions only to lose it somehow due to indecision amongst the back man. Maybe this is something that Hart can address and maybe its partially a midfield problem due to static mids not providing leads etc. Either way its the defensive coaches job to get it right I think.

Scarlett may not come in as defensive coach. He might be a canny forward coach also.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:52 am

Dave The Man wrote:
The week off for Swans was Really Telling.

With things that has happend over the last 2 weeks just looks like it caught up with the Boys.

Though Swans just made sure they Finished 2nd to the Hawks.

OKAY Cloke are you going to Stay or Go?

Bring on the Off-Season and to Re-Build

Spot on DTM, we were flat all night and the Swans came to play big time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: