Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Swans down Pies - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Macedonian Marvel #35 wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Beast wrote:

Angry at JMac's funeral being scheduled so close to the game.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Read what I had to say about empathy clown.

Seriously, as if the McCarthy family gave a flying **** about our prelim final clashing with the saddest day of their lives. If you don't get that, then get a ****en life. There is more to life than footy.

Australians have an unhealthy obsession with sport.

Agreed sorry Beast, but what you have said here is shocking

Agree with both of these comments.

Beast 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:59 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Beast wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Seriously, as if the McCarthy family gave a flying **** about our prelim final clashing with the saddest day of their lives. If you don't get that, then get a ****en life. There is more to life than footy.

You can call me heartless but I care about Collingwood a lot more than I care about J-Mac's family.
They could have scheduled it a day or two earlier and showed a bit of consideration to his best mates.
And if people are honest with themselves they would agree with this.

And Jack, stick your faux outrage up your clacker and don't go around calling anyone else a clown considering what a weak piece of shit you're.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:06 am

And why shoud JMacs family care more about the Pies than laying a much loved son to rest?

Whatever decision they made about JMac's funeral was the McCarthys business and not the CFC.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:06 am

Beast wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Beast wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

You can call me heartless but I care about Collingwood a lot more than I care about J-Mac's family.
They could have scheduled it a day or two earlier and showed a bit of consideration to his best mates.

And Jack, stick your faux outrage up your clacker and don't go around calling anyone else a clown considering what a weak piece of shit you're.

What a wonderful 'human being' he is. Shocked

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 am

rocketronnie wrote:
Beast wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Beast wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

What a wonderful 'human being' he is. Shocked

Unbe-f#ckin-lievable. Shocked Shocked
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:11 am

You're all quite welcome to hide behind the pompous morality but I bet my bottom dollar our Club's hierarchy would have been fuming when they found out it was going to be held a day prior to the second biggest game of the year and was going to seriously disrupt our preparation and affect the morale of the playing group.
Pretty sure J-Mac would have preferred his best mates to make it through to the GF.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:42 am

Beast wrote:
You're all quite welcome to hide behind the pompous morality but I bet my bottom dollar our Club's hierarchy would have been fuming when they found out it was going to be held a day prior to the second biggest game of the year and was going to seriously disrupt our preparation and affect the morale of the playing group.
Pretty sure J-Mac would have preferred his best mates to make it through to the GF.

You call it pompous morality, but to most of us it's just human decency. It's take a good hard look at yourself time.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:09 am

Beast ever considered other members of J Macs family may have been overseas or been unavailable earlier in the week?

They may have been in shock and took a couple of days to even think about funeral arrangements

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:43 am
Post subject: GeeReply with quote

Gee I am not sure I can agree that the poor souls funeral should not have been top priority. I mean to me, that is our first obligation. We can also have a go at another finals series next year. To honour this wonderful young man is this right thing to do. And the timing should never be a question.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Beast wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Beast wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

What a disgusting excuse for a human being you are. Crawl back into your cesspit where you belong, and stay there.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Beast is entitled to feel how he does, I just find it very sad that someone would think that football would take priority in a family's decision on when to lay down a loved one. I'd be genuinely horrified if it did. I suspect the funeral was done as soon as possible given the circumstances of his death, it's not usual for people to have to wait over a week and a half after the event. Did you expect them to delay it further? Why am I even arguing this? Confused
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:59 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
The week off for Swans was Really Telling.

With things that has happend over the last 2 weeks just looks like it caught up with the Boys.

Though Swans just made sure they Finished 2nd to the Hawks.

OKAY Cloke are you going to Stay or Go?

Bring on the Off-Season and to Re-Build

Totally agree. I'm not going to get too upset over it. They've had a horror month, really, the WCE win being the highlight, but consider that:

- John McCarthy dies
- Maxy is suspended
- Didak and Dawes suffer niggling injuries
- We lose to Hawthorn twice in a matter of weeks.
- Tarrant's last game (which should have been a motivator but with everything else, it barely rated a mention)
- They attend a funeral for a good mate a day before the prelim
- We only had one true ruckman and our 2nd was hampered by injury
- Malthouse goes to the Filth and threatens to take Cloke and Daisy with him
- Gavin Crosisca announces he was stoned and drinking throughout the 1990 season. Nice time to drop that one on us, Gav...

So all in all, it's no wonder that they were finding it hard to raise any enthusiasm for the idea of their third Grand Final appearance in three years.

Onward and upward, boys. Regroup, reload, and come back firing next year!

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Beast wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Beast wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

What a disgusting excuse for a human being you are. Crawl back into your cesspit where you belong, and stay there.

Could that be why his name is Beast?

Having had two family members die suddenly, one from murder and one suicide, I know what the McCarthys are going through, and I have to say, Beast, that you are sore excuse for a human being if you think the family should have worked around the Pie's schedule. Collingwood worked around the McCarthy's schedule, and that's how it should be. Footy is not the be-all and end-all, and for mine, I'm glad they had the funeral when they did. To have postponed it further would have made the boys feel like they were responsible for delaying the important steps in the family's grief process, not to mention their own. They needed to say goodbye to a mate, and they did. Footy will always be there. You only get one chance to say goodbye.

Oh, and btw, Beast - they couldn't have held the funeral a day or two earlier - the police have to go through certain channels when the death is sudden and there is a possibility of foul play. The Las Vegas police would have had to conduct their investigations, as they did, looking at the CCTV campera footage, to make sure that there were no other people involved in the death or that it wasn't a suicide. So John would have had to have been brought back to Australia after that, which at the latest, would have been Tuesday or Wednesday. So shut your friggin gob, you don't know what you're talking about.

partypie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:31 pm

I am a bit more annoyed at the AFL for stuffing up the stadium bookings and forcing us to play on the Friday night instead of Saturday
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Beast wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
Beast wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

WTF? Are you on the piss Beast?
If your sober and this is actually your honest opinion, then mate, learn that some things need to be left unsaid and kept to yourself.
Go Pies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: