Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Treatment of VFL listed Players by AFL Clubs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 am
Post subject: Treatment of VFL listed Players by AFL ClubsReply with quote

The way the clubs are treating current VFL players leaves a lot to be desired. Putting to them that they are being over paid and they should take a pay cut and sign here or go.

These players could earn twice to three times as much at local level yet play VFL thinking they may have a chance to get picked up. A very small chance. You have AFL listed guys getting $50000 and get that if they play or not play. Whether they perform or don't perform they are selected. The VFL guys only get paid if they play. If their form is crap they are out.

Massive issue and I expect a few players to tell VFL clubs to Fck off.

Good for Local footy.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the Same at Collingwood.

Well at Here they are just Top-Up Players and most go back to the Local Leagues when they don't play with us anyway

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:30 am

The AFL list numbers means we can't field two teams therefore we have top up players. 11 of which would be the main players the rest would come and go depending on injury.

Increase the AFL squad numbers and go back to a reserve team for each club. Heaven forbid play the reserves game before the main one.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Culprit wrote:
The AFL list numbers means we can't field two teams therefore we have top up players. 11 of which would be the main players the rest would come and go depending on injury.

Increase the AFL squad numbers and go back to a reserve team for each club. Heaven forbid play the reserves game before the main one.

This.

Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Culprit wrote:

This.

Fcken oath. Current system is a total farce and disrespectful to the VFA. I would expect more players going to the SANFL personally.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:21 pm

You have been a way for a while. SANFL is the weakest link at the moment. WAFL is more like it now. In saying that the money on offer at Local and Vic Country football means many players stay in Vic. I will give you one player on Collingwoods VFL list gets $600 per game, now he has been offered $1500 a game at Local Footy. The choice is there, but he leaves great facilities and support but $900 extra a game means he can cope with that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: