Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Prelim - Pies v. Swans - all comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Anybody prefer Seedsman over Sinclair? I think Sinclair's shocking kicking for goal could be an absolute liability in a tight contest and I don't think he has troubled the scoreboard since he comes back from injury. Didn't Seedsman have a sort of decent game against Swans last time we played them? I recognise Seedsman hasn't played in the seniors in a while, but he at least can be damaging by foot.

We need Sinkers' ferocity.
I would prefer Seedsman over Elliot who's had zero impact on the games for the last two months.
swooper 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Just cant help feeling that their 13 day break, as opposed to our 6 day break will be the difference....hope I'm wrong. Go Pies
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Tannin wrote:
Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Anybody prefer Seedsman over Sinclair? I think Sinclair's shocking kicking for goal could be an absolute liability in a tight contest and I don't think he has troubled the scoreboard since he comes back from injury. Didn't Seedsman have a sort of decent game against Swans last time we played them? I recognise Seedsman hasn't played in the seniors in a while, but he at least can be damaging by foot.

Yep. Me. Well, I prefer Seedsman over Sinclair in the form he showed against the Hawks the other day, but a Sinclair in the form he had earlier in the year - that's a different story.

Well, maybe this is a good move. Sinclair can show his best form against the Swannies and then be selected again and given a chance to redeem himself against the Hawks, or not show his best form, in which case we will go with Elliott and Didak (1st choice) or (if need be) Elliott and Seedsman against Hawthorn.

I'll take tenacity, pace, guts and experience over footskills in a final any day.

Sinclair for me, comfortably. He wasn't great against the Hawks, but from memory he did a useful shutdwon job on Birchall.

In fact, I think we have a better mix with Didak out. I'm just a little nervous with Krakouer and Didak in the same team (neither great pressure players)

Seedsman did surprise me by playing a ripping game against the Swans last start. But that was one game, I wouldn't gamble on it happening again. With Sinclair you at least know what we'll get in terms of effort.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:22 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Dont like Elliot and Sinclair both in the same side. Would rather Clarke as he gives us a run with option for somebody like a Jetta.

Clarke is far too slow IMO to match up on Jetta.

Jetta would leave Clarke him in his wake. Sinkers & Elliot will play 1 whole game between them if no other changes & no injuries IMO.

Sinclair played a dsiciplined game in his most recent outing for us against the Hawks: kicking a goal, having 2 assists & limiting his Hawthorn opponent to his lowest disposal tally. who is a major link up player for them.

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:43 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Dont like Elliot and Sinclair both in the same side. Would rather Clarke as he gives us a run with option for somebody like a Jetta.

Clarke on jetta????

Only if the race is over 10,000 metres

Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:51 pm

Toovey will play on jetta. Towelled him up last time. Will do it again.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:53 pm

tomoleary wrote:
I can tell already that it's gonna be the Sydney Swans, 3 Umpires, a Sydney home crowd, the AFL and the rest of Australia vs Collingwood.

Just about describes every collingwood game. Minus the location.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:30 pm

When was the last time we played a prelim interstate?

Have we ever?

melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Yep, First preliminary interstate eva for us.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:31 pm

dalyc wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

Clarke on jetta????

Only if the race is over 10,000 metres

As I said Clarke gives us a run with option for somebody like a Jetta. The emphasis is on a run with option. Whether it is Jetta, okeefe or whoever, I think it gives us more flexibility as Elliot/Sinclair essentially play the same role.
MO2 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:05 am
Post subject: Am i the only one feeling supremely confident?Reply with quote

I was realy worried about the West Coast game, thought they were going to beat us.

but this week its the opposite, I cant see Sydney kicking a big enough score to beat us.

Its only been a month since we last plaed them, without swan, johnston, goldsack etc and with cloke out of form.

Reid for me was BOG last week, he will cancel out his brother, tarrant will nullify goodes and brown will stop there other big man.

Were timing our run to perfection ala cats last year.

I have no idea why we arnt favourites going into this match. $2.35 is very good odds for us.

Dance Coconuts
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:37 am

Don't think Dids is such a big loss. Really hasn't made much of an impact. Still would like to see him come in if we get through. Not many backing the Pies. I like
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:10 am

swooper wrote:
Just cant help feeling that their 13 day break, as opposed to our 6 day break will be the difference....hope I'm wrong. Go Pies

YEP, and the fact that 11 wins in a row for us, means really they must logically crack it soon against us, the more you win in a row, the closer the other side comes to beating yer. Still, hope springs eternal, i am sure our boys will give it their absolute all, they will have a red hot go, and the swannies will have to play their arses out to beat us. We will throw everything at em, and come out with diginity no matter what. !
My head says Swans by 8 points, my heart says Pies by 11 points.

F-ck the head, its Pies to win and make yet another GF ! Exclamation Razz Very Happy Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:23 am

Hope you are right mate, im pissing my pants !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:30 am

I think there must be a question mark over the swans, who made it into the top 4 on the back of a very easy fixture, relatively speaking, then beat the other side (Adelaide) who did the same. I'm just not sure they are that good, though they have a huge advantage at home with 2 weeks' break. It'll be close, but i'd back pur class to win.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15   

Jump to: