Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Deserve to be last

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caz 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 10:54 am
Post subject: Deserve to be lastReply with quote

Collingwood deserve to be last yet again.
The Geelong game was won at half time, but we couldn't keep it together. That was the worst performance of the year. Take a long, hard look at yourself Collingwood.

Disgruntled supporter

CJ 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 11:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with ya Caz. This is complete bullshit.

Does Collingwood have an U11's team? Because if they do they, at least they could, no would, be able to perform better than the senior team.

Wake up Pies.

(NOTE: I personally don't care if I get bagged for saying this. They played woefull footy today [37pts up at half time, lost by 4 pts] and deserved all the crap that gets thrown at them. Mind you, I'm no bandwagoner, Just Seriously P*#&ed Off)

------------------
"Good Old Collingwood Forever"

[This message has been edited by CJ (edited 27 May 2000).]

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 7:21 pm

That wasn't their worst performance. The Richmond game was the worst by a mile.

But this week was pretty awful, wasn't it. During the first quarter the standard of play was so bad that I thought, "Whichever team loses this game will not win another game this year." Then I thought about it a bit more and thought, "Even the team who wins this game will probably not win another game this year".

Then we started to play some good footy in the second quarter and I was feeling reasonably pleased at half-time. But I didn't think we had it won. Especially when the weather cleared up a bit.

We copped a shocking deal from the umpires, particularly in the second-half. The free kick against Rowdy when it should have been holding-the-ball directly in front of goal was diabolical. And there were plenty of other umpiring clangers.

But there were a couple of bad mistakes by Collingwood players that really cost us the game. Smith's foul after disposal in the 3rd Quarter started Geelong's run. We had them on toast until then. Then later on in that quarter, I think it was Willo who had a mark close to goal and for some reason passed to Betheras. Rupert, like all good backmen, kicked a point. But the most costly mistake was in the last quarter when we were streaming forward and Anthony Rocca had the ball and kicked into the man on the mark, Geelong took possession and scored a goal. That was a 2 goal mistake, I reckon, because we had a promising attack going at the time.

It was a pretty shattering result but I haven't taken the last two losses as badly as I took the Richmond loss. I think that Richmond game just knocked the stuffing out of me for this year. I've kind-of gone numb after that.

I would not be surprised if we lose to Port next week. We've got no hope against Melbourne. And I think St.Kilda will be just about due for another win by the time they play us.

As for the last seven games, I think we might as well forfeit because we couldn't win if we started now.

Please, don't growl at me. I'm just working on the theory that a pessimist is never disappointed

------------------
**floreat pica**

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 8:52 am

it`s not pessimistic only realistic after that shocking performance alf.

the difference in the 2nd half between geelongs youngsters and ours was apparent.
Geelong were picking up the ball in one grab and taking marks and possession of the ball in one grab while the Pies had spastics like orchard and wasley fumbling the ball and missing targets with their kicks and constantly choosing the wrong options. guys like wasley may have athletic potential but crikey they seem to lack football smarts to an extent, I didn't see wasley kick long to a team mate in that whole game, never once got the ball near a team mate or to a team mates advantage, kicked to contests often where players were outnumbered by oppposition or the ball just rolled out of bounds. The Collingwood of the early nineties and late 80's was a team I remember for its great rebounding. A common sight was Collingwood rebounding off the back line and streaming thru the middle of the ground with good kicking and handpasses to set up a forward like daicos or taylor. How far removed are we from that now. At the start of the season we were coming close to that but now couldn't be much further removed from that style of play. Not saying Wasley is the start and end of our problems he is just an example there are others in our team playing like him orchard etc, just i noticed Wasley a lot yesterday. Maybe he`ll come good in the future who knows, but he hasn't improved much if at all in the three seasons he's been at the club now.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 9:38 am

wazza was only on the ground for about 25 minutes in total. he started on the ground and got some good touches, but then, after beating hocking in a one-on-one ground level contest, he stuffed up his kick. he kicked poorly again soon afterwards. you have to remember, though, that no one was kicking well during the first quarter. bucks kicked out on the full and no one was hitting a target.
MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2000 2:09 pm

They cause pain week after week - another loss!!!!! How can we be six goals up and lose it by four points!!! We now have June to look forward to and our record for that month isn't really promising. I tell myself not to give up hope - they are like a magnet. I was so rapt with their first five games and thought, hey, we've already done better than last year and every game that we win now is a bonus but I WANT MORE!!!! I think an apology is owed to Shawey or is Mighty Mick as good as everyone says?
Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2000 5:02 am

I read these entries daily and I appreciate the loyal Magpie supporters who stick with the Pies through thick and thin. I've barracked for them for 33 years and apart from October 1990, it's been a lot of heartbreaks smattered with the great but all too brief moments (like flogging Carlscum earlier this year.) Living in Perth, I am sick of the one team Wankers mentality and bleed that they have beaten us 10 times in a row.

What I am sick of on this board is the love for players just because they're cute or look good in shorts! What I have seen of Wasley indicates that he would struggle to get into a decent side. His skill errors are far too damaging and his turnovers cost the team dearly.

The constant bagging of Tony Shaw as coach is unwarranted. He played the young ones rather than feather his own record when it was obvious he wasn't going to be replaced. Yet, remember this: The pies of 1999 would not capitulate. They might have started slowly in many games but they just kept on coming at the opposition. You know, history will show that Mick Malthouse will be shown to have underachieved with the Eagles teams of the '90s. He has yet to convince me that he is the Messiah.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2000 5:29 am

crikeys, i don't like wazza because he looks good in shorts! i like him because i think he could be a very good player. the way he plays is, as far as i'm concerned, downright exciting and entertaining.
Caz 

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2000 10:32 am

I agree with you Magpie! A lot of supporters, well, female supporters, just like players because of their physical characteristics. I would rather have a side that wins rather than one that just looks good in photos. Having said that though, there are players that have both - such as Matty Lloyd and Benny Cousins! And just on that, Cousins should've made the trek eastward with Malthouse!!

------------------
Go Pies!!!
**Caz**

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 5:26 pm

Hey MAGPIE. Don't worry about the girls and their Sex Heroes. They'll grow up eventually. I must admit I have a bit of a chuckle at some of their comments. Keep the support going over in the West and we'll give an extra big cheer for you when we win our next match in Melbourne !!!!! I am praying already that we will beat Port Power.
I admire you tremendously for being a Supporter for so long - stick with us - we can't keep going like this forever - If Mick is as good as everybody says he will start making drastic changes.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 1:52 pm

Foxy, so u like Wazza in his little footy shorts too ha well dont u agree the white ones r way better?!?

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 2:51 pm

Hey Spidergirl. White shorts in the Rain!!!! Bet your imagination is working overtime!!!
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 3:15 pm

ummm HELLO i'm a guy, not a girl. let's not get confused. girls are entitled to their opinions on these matters but i'm just here to comment on footy if ya don't mind.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2000 4:41 pm

Relax Foxy i know u r a guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: