Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 22 - Collingwood vs Werribee at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceglar marks.

Goals.

54-127.

20 mins gone...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Please, someone tell me Krakouer's done enough to get a recall next week.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:31 pm

^ Alright, then. He's done enough... Laughing

Being serious, though, I would say he is a cert for next week. 18 possies in the 1st half, 4 clearences, 3 marks.

Has been quiet after half time, but he is running the game out well... probably being managed by the medical staff, but then again, it's not as if we have had a great deal of the footy since half time...

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Daw breaks a couple of tackles and goes on one of those great loping runs of his. Goal.

54-134.

25 mins gone...

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:32 pm

^^At least we're consistent.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:34 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
^ Alright, then. He's done enough... Laughing

Being serious, though, I would say he is a cert for next week. 18 possies in the 1st half, 4 clearences, 3 marks.

Has been quiet after half time, but he is running the game out well... probably being managed by the medical staff, but then again, it's not as if we have had a great deal of the footy since half time...

Thanks MB. That's all I wanted to hear. Smile
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:36 pm

No probs, RB! Very Happy

Siren.

FULL TIME.

Collingwood 8.6.54
Casey 20.16.136

GOALS - Paine 3, Ferraro 2, Corr 2, Ceglar

STATS
Disposals
27 - Krakouer
18 - Witts
16 - Thomas
15 - Riddle
14 - Gault, Paine, Yagmoor
13 - Cribbin, Young
12 - Buckley, Ceglar, McNamara
11 - Sundberg
10 - Ferraro

Marks
7 - Paine, Riddle
5 - Gault, Stubbs
4 - Buckley, Ceglar, Corr, Wallace

Hitouts
15 - Witts
13 - Ceglar
1 - Gault, Yagmoor

Last edited by MagpieBat on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Since Mason (who, by the way, I must thank for doing a good job covering the team and giving us the stats) hasn't posted this from me, I will post it here:

To borrow from The Dark Knight Rises promo campaign: on September 1st... A Fire (Krakouer) Will Rise...

On the March 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Agree about Krak - and well done MB!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Judging by those stats it's encouraging that Witts seems to have finished off the VFL season rather strongly, which all bodes well for his prospects next year.

Last edited by RudeBoy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trezegol 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Big T wrote:
On the March wrote:
awful quarter - makes it hard for the players to put their hand up when the team is getting slaughtered.

Club propaganda re: VFL being competitive will be a focus is laughable now. After 2011 I remember them saying a major problem with all of our injuries before and during finals was vfl finished early and we couldnt keep fringe players match fit.

Forward 12 months and we are even worse.

I think you are missing the point. In order to be competitive at VFL level, we need to recruit top VFL players from other clubs. These players will not want to play for the Pies VFL team because they realise they will be playing 2nd fiddle to our senior AFL listed players. Our VFL listed players are top-ups only.

The aim of the VFL is to develop young players. You can hardly say that we have failed at this because, outside of Geelong, we have the best junior development in the country. Do you think a player like Seedsman would be playing senior footy by rd.22 if it were not for the development that he has had at VFL level? Ditto Mooney, Sinclair and Elliott.

Of course we would like to win as many games as possible at all levels, but if it means we get slaughtered at VFL level and we are able to develop a handfull of players every season, then the VFL team has done its job.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Trezegol wrote:
Big T wrote:
On the March wrote:
awful quarter - makes it hard for the players to put their hand up when the team is getting slaughtered.

Club propaganda re: VFL being competitive will be a focus is laughable now. After 2011 I remember them saying a major problem with all of our injuries before and during finals was vfl finished early and we couldnt keep fringe players match fit.

I think you are missing the point. In order to be competitive at VFL level, we need to recruit top VFL players from other clubs. These players will not want to play for the Pies VFL team because they realise they will be playing 2nd fiddle to our senior AFL listed players. Our VFL listed players are top-ups only.

The aim of the VFL is to develop young players. You can hardly say that we have failed at this because, outside of Geelong, we have the best junior development in the country. Do you think a player like Seedsman would be playing senior footy by rd.22 if it were not for the development that he has had at VFL level? Ditto Mooney, Sinclair and Elliott.

Of course we would like to win as many games as possible at all levels, but if it means we get slaughtered at VFL level and we are able to develop a handfull of players every season, then the VFL team has done its job.

Exactamundo! Wink
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:51 pm

On the March wrote:
Agree about Krak - and well done MB!

Thanks, OTM. A pleasure to have your company, even in such trying circumstances as we have been witness to today...

Trezegol 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:53 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Judging by those stats it's encouraging that Witts seems to have finished off the VFL season rather strongly, which all bodes well for his prospects next year.

Agree.

Between Paine, Witts, Ceglar, Stewart and Moore, we will be well served for talls for many years to come. A pitty a couple of these aren't ready now.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Trezegol wrote:
Big T wrote:
On the March wrote:

I understand that point Trezegol. Its very clear and has been since we got our standalone team. My point is I was under the impression from pre season propaganda that we were recruiting to be more competitive in the vfl. If this is not the target, fine.

And I think it is a massive call to say we have the best junior development in the country. I am sure many other clubs will argue they are equal if not superior especially Hawthorn. Even Carlton are now bringing youngsters through in the face of massive injuries in quite an effective manner. What about Yagmoor, Rounds, McNamara etc etc etc these guys so far have failed. Not everyone can succeed to AFL, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, we are not a standout for junior development IMO. Seedsman, Sinclair, Mooney etc are not ready for finals footy and are struggling at the business end of the season and we are in the middle of our premiership window. The proof in the pudding will be if they become hardened players for out finals tilt in 2013. Many clubs are pulling these kids out. Not just Collingwood.

We should always be looking to improve and I cannot see getting belted week in week out as an optimal situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6   

Jump to: