Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies sink Saints - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigVman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, any replays available online?
I've tried the usual suspects incl magpiecentral, speky and alfismylife without success.
Cheers.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:47 pm

jack_spain wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
DT56 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Can someone ask Elliot why he played on with 35 seconds left?

Simple ... he wasn't watching the game on the couch .. seriously he would not have known

Then he has no awareness whatsoever. Everyone knew we were in the last couple of minutes.

**** we miss you out there kicking goals, winning games, and being the brains behind Buckley!

Get £$%$ed! He's a kid learning the business and your a nobody!

And you better go back to school to learn some grammar RR.

I'm sick of Collingwood supporters who don't know the difference between "their", "there" and "they're" or "your" and "you're". It tends to confirm the stereotypes. Do you still have your teeth? You're going to be cross with this post aren't you. Razz Laughing

There, there Jacky. I know you are pissed off with what happened to your beloved Hawks but that is no need to become bitchy on Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board is it? Laughing

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:47 pm

BigVman wrote:
I've tried the usual suspects incl magpiecentral, speky and alfismylife without success.
Cheers.

The AFL's so-called "Smart Replay" is up, if you can get that.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:00 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
DT56 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Can someone ask Elliot why he played on with 35 seconds left?

Simple ... he wasn't watching the game on the couch .. seriously he would not have known

Then he has no awareness whatsoever. Everyone knew we were in the last couple of minutes.

**** we miss you out there kicking goals, winning games, and being the brains behind Buckley!

Get £$%$ed! He's a kid learning the business and your a nobody!

And you better go back to school to learn some grammar RR.

I'm sick of Collingwood supporters who don't know the difference between "their", "there" and "they're" or "your" and "you're". It tends to confirm the stereotypes. Do you still have your teeth? You're going to be cross with this post aren't you. Razz Laughing

There, there Jacky. I know you are pissed off with what happened to your beloved Hawks but that is no need to become bitchy on Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board is it? Laughing

Mortified. Looks like its a three way contest for the flag this year, with Geelong likely to threaten from outside the top four. Razz

The problem is we don't have Hawkins. Laughing
saundo 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Can someone explain to me how we are second on the ladder ? Reading Hiss and Spain comments I am sure we should be 8th to 10th. Request either explain how we are second yet all other teams in the 8 are better ? Have we had an easier draw than other teams ?

I thought the H&A season was to determine a ladder position and then you play finals based on position. Are we not having a good year or do we need to win each and every game by 8 goals to keep the supporters happy ?

I was happy with the game last night because it was intense for a long period and we won !
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Funkadelic wrote:
The crocs we have in the forward line atm?! Wow. Really?! Least skilled side in the 8?! I think the word youre looking for is clutch. 6-0 in games under 6 points in the last two seasons. Clutch money baby, enjoy it.

A croc in the forward line? I like it; he could bite the oppositions 'loose man in the backline' on the bum.
Make it happen Eddie!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:18 pm
Post subject: Re: for the negative nancysReply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
MO2 wrote:
We have had the hardest draw this year by far
We've had the worst injury list by far
We've had the most media scrutiny over a coach coming into season
We have Had the most media scrutiny over a single player

We sit second on the ladder
We have 3 of our best 22 to come back
We have a 10-0 streak against the team coming first
We have played more debutaunts than the other top 8

We have the most upside improvement to come. We are peaking at the right time.

If your not happy where we are at or what we've accomplished this season you will never be happy.

I'm never happy unless we win flags. Part of the collective angst on Nick's this year relates to how we so royally botched (or should that be butchered, given our penchant for terrible disposal) our premiership chances last year.

My biggest beef this year is we keep finding ways to win games we don't deserve and that forgives a multitude of obvious sins. Players don't seem to learn, neither do the coaches or most fans for that matter. But finals are different. Finals are like the judgement of God. Nobody gets away with anything then. If you're not good enough, or not tough enough, you will fail and that's what happened last year.

Forgive him Father; he know not what he does

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Watched the replay this morning. An Fugly win, but happy to get the four points as that was a danger game. They were pumped to knock us off. Cloke despite one goal set a few up and Dawes is hitting some form. Jolly was great. Swan is all class and Dales pick up and goal wasa highlight.

Note: Can we make any more errors? We tried hard to lose that game and our kicking for goal was shocking from set shots.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:49 pm

GUTSY win, but these second Qtr fadeouts are a big concern. We have got to play four consistent Qtrs, very few games have we done that this season. Jolly was superb, he won it for us IMHO, what a guy.! Dawes is coming good, dunno where Cloke is at tho. Still, gutsy win against a desperate team, it was good to see little Tiprat so pissed off. LOL. I reckon youg Elliot did the right thing, he had a shot, we got a point meaning we could not lose of they got a late goal, the kid did OK. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BigVman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52 pm

BigVman wrote:
Cheers.

Dufus, spekyselector is working fine, my link was just old.
all good on http://speckyselector.99k.org/
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I reckon youg Elliot did the right thing, he had a shot, we got a point meaning we could not lose of they got a late goal, the kid did OK. !

i have no problem with what elliott did. he had the momentum and a clear passage. execution was shite but if he had've scored a goal, the game was beyond doubt; the other scenario being what pnc mentioned.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:48 pm

^^^ The only problem I see with it is that he really had to kick the goal. Because he is very inexperienced he is forgiven, of course, but - like a lot of others - this was a goal-scoring chance which should have been taken.

In the present form of football, where attacks are routinely set up by obtaining an uncontested position in the back-line, missing a gettable goal is just an unacceptable turn-over, usually dealt with by the opposition's best kicker.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Lucky win against a clearly inferior opposition. The free to Harry wasn't there, neither did he take a mark.
First signs of Dawes improving for the year. Brown was much better.
Young was nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. Didak in for Sinclair is a must next week.
Too many negatives to mention, we're in serious strife form-wise.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Beast wrote:
Lucky win against a clearly inferior opposition. The free to Harry wasn't there, neither did he take a mark.
First signs of Dawes improving for the year. Brown was much better.
Young was nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be. Didak in for Sinclair is a must next week.
Too many negatives to mention, we're in serious strife form-wise.

The most serious form problem we have at the moment is not Cloke or Dawes or any of the backs (that's a given). Actually it's our best player Scott Pendlebury. I thought he had an absolute Barry Crocker last night. Was off the pace and actually turned the ball over a few times.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:26 pm

I really don't think you can say it was a lucky win.If we had kicked straight the game would have been over at half time,much like the first grand final in 2010.St Kilda were lucky that we kept them in the game with our poor kicking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: