Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies sink Saints - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

13 shots in a quarter for a 5.8 return is just woeful. Will we ever learn?

And as far as I'm concerned we needed to start playing our best footy last week, not next week. It's no use building for the finals. We should be close to our peak now.

I keep hearing from the coach and players that we haven't played our best foot yet. What are we waiting for?

Here's a sobering thought. Maybe we have played our best footy, and it was back in Round 8 against the Crows.

Injuries are no longer a legitimate excuse. We had our best team for the year on the field last night, dominated a quarter of footy, and then got our arses handed to us in the third.

Disappointing.

WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:34 pm

To all the dic%head stk supporters whinging about the free kick to harry,
Please add up the total time saad took to have his shots at goal,clearly he took way over his 20 secs,and if he didnt,your team may have had more time to win the game.

Still bitching over the bounce,or the one that got away from milne in 2010.

DAICOS MAGIC 35
VINTAGE DARREN MILLANE 42
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Deja Vu, we defeated Geelong by 12 points in Round 8, before defeating the Crows by 26 points in Round 9.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:56 pm

John Wren wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Geezus.

I did a cardiac stress test a couple of years ago and got made to stop when my blood pressure hit 200 before my heart rate did.

Games like that may not give me a heart attack but a stroke is a viable option.

I said to the bloke behind me at 1/4 time, we're playing shite but we're only 4 points down. Then the second quarter was good, then the last half.

I'll take the win, the Saints are better than their ladder position and were playing for their season. Our tilt at the finals is starting, we're trying different things.

supporting collingwood does that to you. it was quite the irony they had the heart attack game day sponsor.

i am intrigued by our approach of late. we seem to trying to move the ball on quickly and in our endeavours handballing to anyone and anything. there were a number of occasions when the ball seemed to go to no one in particular or to a man in a worse position, i.e. the receiving player would be tackled immediately.

Yeah, like we discussed at the game we seem to be trying to bring in a little of the Hawthorn/Geelong style of fast movement bu hand, constant motion, move it fast at all costs rather than stopping and kicking long which gives the opposition more chance to flood back.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Just to put the 'Aints' performance in context, apart from 6 wins against bottom 6 sides (GCS twice, Footscray twice, Melbourne and Brisbane once each), they have beaten the Blooz, the Swans and the Bombers, all at Eithad. That is, 3 wins out of 12 against competitive teams and all 3 wins at Etihad.

I'm so pleased that Collingwood killed them off in 2010, when they had half a chance. It's starting to look like 1979 again for the 'Aints. With a bit of luck, they'll just bottom out as GWS, Port, Brisbane, GCS, the Dogs and (yes, even) Melbourne start to improve. I sense another big Spoon-winning season for the 'Aints just around the corner.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Darren Jolly was brilliant last night. Dawes was better. That's about all I can say for a game where we tried very hard to hand the win to St Kilda.

It's official, we are now the turnover kings with the worst foot disposal of any of the sides in the eight.

Heath Shaw - for every good thing he does, does two things that are so stupid it makes you pull your hair out. Rolling Eyes

May as well hand the premiership to Sydney or Hawthorn now I think. Hell, even Geelong can't be ruled out. We can, unfortunately. Only strong defence wins finals matches. And our defence is flaky at the best of times.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:33 pm

And yet Collingwood has won 5 games and lost 2 against top eight opponents so far, whereas Hawthorn have won 4 and lost 4, the Swans have won 4 and lost 1 and Geelong have won 4 and lost 4.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Pie 65 wrote:
Bucks got it in one. Not just tonight but for most of the season. Every time we seem to take control of a game going all the way back to Anzac Day, we make bonehead and knucklehead errors. We need more precision in our game. More poise.

No more Benny Hill skits.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/collingwood-hand-st-kildas-afl-finals-chances-a-huge-blow-with-a-six-point-win-at-the-mcg/story-e6frf3e3-1226442984093

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley said it was a fortunate escape, given the Magpies' many late mistakes.

"I just felt like it was a bit of the Goodies, a bit of Benny Hill music could have been playing in the background," Buckley said.

RR, music please!

On Cue!

http://youtu.be/MK6TXMsvgQg Laughing

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:10 pm

piedys wrote:
11 more scoring shots than that dog shit.
Should have buried them in 2nd quarter.
Seriously, does this team never learn with its kicking at goal?
I have absolutely NO CONFIDENCE in this team or coaches box whatsoever.
I've no idea which team will bother turning up at the start of any random quarter - the red-hot go side, or the unaccountable can't be f*cked manning up or chasing side.
Quite simply, if you can't play 4 quarters leading into September, then don't bother.
The disposal standard of this team has plummetted to the 2008-2009 hit or miss level.
Anyway, wallow in our shit St.Vomit. It's all you deserve.

Laughing Hiss or I couldn't have said it any better Dyso. Laughing

Absolutely right on about our disposal. We are the least skilled side in the eight by a fair margin.

BTW I would go all out in the next few years to sign Drew Petrie from North Melbourne. And don't tell me even Pavlich in his twilight wouldn't be better than the crocks we've got in the forward line at the moment. Rolling Eyes
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:23 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Darren Jolly was brilliant last night. Dawes was better. That's about all I can say for a game where we tried very hard to hand the win to St Kilda.

It's official, we are now the turnover kings with the worst foot disposal of any of the sides in the eight.

Heath Shaw - for every good thing he does, does two things that are so stupid it makes you pull your hair out. Rolling Eyes

May as well hand the premiership to Sydney or Hawthorn now I think. Hell, even Geelong can't be ruled out. We can, unfortunately. Only strong defence wins finals matches. And our defence is flaky at the best of times.

I heard when Bucks took over he was very focused on kicking standards. Right now with what we have seen, our kicking efficiency is not good enough for finals footy. The way the game is played now its not good enough against the best teams and it opens the door for good sides to get us. Looking at the efficiency overall we are not as bad - not up with hawkes - however the hadball rate is making some players disposal by foot look ok.
Our tackling intensity is another part of our game we need to be up but when we win the footy we are not as damaging as we should be and worse still we turn it over with very very basic skill errors.
We need to improve this to give our forwards a chance and better still to ensure our risk taking backs are not left out to dry non the turn over

Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:25 pm

The crocs we have in the forward line atm?! Wow. Really?! Least skilled side in the 8?! I think the word youre looking for is clutch. 6-0 in games under 6 points in the last two seasons. Clutch money baby, enjoy it.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:31 pm

And yet, despite having the toughest draw in the comp, the 'Pies are second or third on the ladder at the end of this round and the only team to have beaten 5 top-eight opponents so far this year. "[L]east skilled side in the eight by a fair margin". That's just ridiculous exaggeration.

If we could sign Drew Petrie "in the next few years", what would we get, apart from the opportunity to contribute to his superannuation? He's 30 in October, has played 12 seasons, kicked about 250 goals at about 1.2 per game and just kicked 50 goals in a season for the first time.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:35 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
DT56 wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Can someone ask Elliot why he played on with 35 seconds left?

Simple ... he wasn't watching the game on the couch .. seriously he would not have known

Then he has no awareness whatsoever. Everyone knew we were in the last couple of minutes.

**** we miss you out there kicking goals, winning games, and being the brains behind Buckley!

Get £$%$ed! He's a kid learning the business and your a nobody!

And you better go back to school to learn some grammar RR.

I'm sick of Collingwood supporters who don't know the difference between "their", "there" and "they're" or "your" and "you're". It tends to confirm the stereotypes. Do you still have your teeth? You're going to be cross with this post aren't you. Razz Laughing

Last edited by jack_spain on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:36 pm

jack_spain wrote:
piedys wrote:
I've no idea which team will bother turning up at the start of any random quarter - the red-hot go side, or the unaccountable can't be f*cked manning up or chasing side.
Quite simply, if you can't play 4 quarters leading into September, then don't bother.
The disposal standard of this team has plummetted to the 2008-2009 hit or miss level.

Laughing Hiss or I couldn't have said it any better Dyso. Laughing

Absolutely right on about our disposal. We are the least skilled side in the eight by a fair margin.

BTW I would go all out in the next few years to sign Drew Petrie from North Melbourne. And don't tell me even Pavlich in his twilight wouldn't be better than the crocks we've got in the forward line at the moment. Rolling Eyes

I know mate, and i'm sick of repeating myself each week about the sides disposal. Yet we keep finding ways to get the 4 points each week, with those obvious exceptions being the 4 losses to date. Seems apparent that if our disposal can't be improved drastically by Septemper, then we might get torn a new-one by a more skilled side, rather quickly.
And i would love Petrie up forward, however he is a loyal shinboner and won't be tempted by any other offers, i'd suggest.
And don't start me on Pavlich! We had the pick available to select him back in 99 and pissed it away. But we've been over that a million times in other threads, and Pav won't leave either, as he is a loyal servant to their cause too. And these boys can't be faulted for that.

Dyso
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:46 pm
Post subject: Re: for the negative nancysReply with quote

MO2 wrote:
We have had the hardest draw this year by far
We've had the worst injury list by far
We've had the most media scrutiny over a coach coming into season
We have Had the most media scrutiny over a single player

We sit second on the ladder
We have 3 of our best 22 to come back
We have a 10-0 streak against the team coming first
We have played more debutaunts than the other top 8

We have the most upside improvement to come. We are peaking at the right time.

If your not happy where we are at or what we've accomplished this season you will never be happy.

I'm never happy unless we win flags. Part of the collective angst on Nick's this year relates to how we so royally botched (or should that be butchered, given our penchant for terrible disposal) our premiership chances last year.

My biggest beef this year is we keep finding ways to win games we don't deserve and that forgives a multitude of obvious sins. Players don't seem to learn, neither do the coaches or most fans for that matter. But finals are different. Finals are like the judgement of God. Nobody gets away with anything then. If you're not good enough, or not tough enough, you will fail and that's what happened last year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: