Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies sink Saints - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie 65 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:53 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucks got it in one. Not just tonight but for most of the season. Every time we seem to take control of a game going all the way back to Anzac Day, we make bonehead and knucklehead errors. We need more precision in our game. More poise.

No more Benny Hill skits.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/collingwood-hand-st-kildas-afl-finals-chances-a-huge-blow-with-a-six-point-win-at-the-mcg/story-e6frf3e3-1226442984093

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley said it was a fortunate escape, given the Magpies' many late mistakes.

"I just felt like it was a bit of the Goodies, a bit of Benny Hill music could have been playing in the background," Buckley said.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:59 am
Post subject: Re: for the negative nancysReply with quote

MO2 wrote:
We have had the hardest draw this year by far
We've had the worst injury list by far
We've had the most media scrutiny over a coach coming into season
We have Had the most media scrutiny over a single player

We sit second on the ladder
We have 3 of our best 22 to come back
We have a 10-0 streak against the team coming first
We have played more debutaunts than the other top 8

We have the most upside improvement to come. We are peaking at the right time.

If your not happy where we are at or what we've accomplished this season you will never be happy.

You and Jezza are spot on.

The saints were on a roll, and always going to come out fighting, literally with the tip rat.

Gees he's mean!

Re Elliot, he wil learn from that. Ad wil be thanking his lucky stars ( and Harry)! This morning. But 1 snap decision doesn't lose a game we were 30 points up in. And this kid played the whole game and played it well.

I still think we are a bit lazy with the 2 nd efforts, I'd like to see more tackles stick, and stick hard, think buried faces in the turf!

I'd like a little more love for Dawes after all he has copped lately. His 2 nd effort after he was pushed to drop that mark was, well, second to none. Not easy for a big man to get down so fast like that. If he had got the third he nearly did he would be our hero today.

Speaking of which, our goal kicking could use a little practice. I don't even know why we have shots from the boundary far out, they never come off for us, fair enough if there is no one in a better spot but we don't even look! But too many misses from 30-40 out on slight angles. How wide are those goal posts?? Could not hit them if you tried, but gees we find them easy enough!

Thank god for Heath Shaw, got a couple of ridiculous frees against, yeah he sprayed a couple, but how many intercepts did he do, how many times did he suddenly accelerate and make the spoil that didn't seem likely? We would have been stuffed without him and Harry. Not just for the last gasp mark, and yes it was a mark, how many of the saints marks were paid when they dribbled out of the hands pretty quick? Reid held nick, did a great job, followed him everywhere, even off to interchange! Good defensive efforts, but we won't talk about the pass to Harry in front of their goal, and the silly hand pass along with it. Now there was a heart attack moment!

I could name someone who pulled up last night on the run, when they could have made the tackle with a little more effort. not happy with that. not the only silly thing by this player last night, trouble is looking his way right now.

Cracks me up whenever I see little Blair come out of a pack with a mark! Gutsy little guy.

The umps, bad both ways. I'd like to know though, isn't there a time limit on kicking for goal? A couple of the saints took a long time, should play on not be called? No point to the rule otherwise.

Good night at the g, not cold, thank god, pretty ugly game to watch, lucky no crap fans around us, happy to come home with 4 points. And 1 tip I actually got! Think the run out of town with no pressure has done the team the world of good. 2 nd 1/4 was great to watch the pressure cooker footy come back in our game, now we just need to keep it up. That's the play we need, and it's called Man Up!! When we do it, we win!

Strange game, but one thing for sure, I'd rather be in our posi than the hawks fans right now!

So many time we lose in junk time, not talking about the last 1/4 but other 1/4s, so many times other teams get easy goals against up just before the break. We take the foot of the pedal to early, instead of playing through. So I'm really happy we kept the point s last night.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:10 am

Jezza wrote:
In regards to the last free kick decision, I have no sympathy for the Saints. I don't care whether they were robbed tonight or not, people should be aware that the first goal of the night by Saad came as result from a poor umpiring decision when Shaw was alleged to have deliberately kicked the ball out of bounds, despite it clearly not being deliberate by Shaw. When I saw the final decision with Harry O it initially it looked like a free from where I was sitting which was in level 1 of the Ponsford end.

I actually thought it was a mark, so I only heard of the free kick "controversy" checking out Twitter post match and being flooded with Saints whingers.

If we want to talk about bad umpiring, how about the series of disgraceful holding the ball decisions during the 3rd Quarter that got the Saints back into the game?

I though it was a tough, gutsy win. We didn't play all that cleanly, but the intensity was there.

Pie 65 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:11 am

Patchy though.

We seem to play each game patchy.

4 Quarters of that second quarter blitz would be nice.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:12 am

Pie 65 wrote:
Bucks got it in one. Not just tonight but for most of the season. Every time we seem to take control of a game going all the way back to Anzac Day, we make bonehead and knucklehead errors. We need more precision in our game. More poise.

No more Benny Hill skits.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/collingwood-hand-st-kildas-afl-finals-chances-a-huge-blow-with-a-six-point-win-at-the-mcg/story-e6frf3e3-1226442984093

Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley said it was a fortunate escape, given the Magpies' many late mistakes.

"I just felt like it was a bit of the Goodies, a bit of Benny Hill music could have been playing in the background," Buckley said.

RR, music please!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:31 am

How long did Dawes have to take a kick after marking in the first quarter at about half way before play on was called and he was run down? Didn't seem long to me. Ugle-escent.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:49 am

didick wrote:
How long did Dawes have to take a kick after marking in the first quarter at about half way before play on was called and he was run down? Didn't seem long to me. Ugle-escent.

Perplexing. I presumed he must have come off his line, given how quickly the umpire called play on. But once he did, Dawes should have moved it on and not stand there like a plank. He ump was about 10 feet from him, so he would have heard the call.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:53 am

Did Milne get reported for kicking Jolly??

Is there footage of it (no pun intended). Can someone post it.

Sad to say, but Riewoldt looks shot- a shadow of his former self.

He was a gun, but has never been the same since he tore the hamstring off the bone, or the impromptu photo-shoot.

Any win over this mob is cause for celebration.... They are my most-hated team by a country mile!!

swooper 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:40 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
A good win. Unlike the Hawks and Tigers, we win the close ones.

We played some brilliant footy in patches (2nd quarter was immense), and some disappointing footy. No major concern just yet, but we do need to pull it together before finals. Settling the side would help.

Anyway, the important thing is to beat who you play, and we did that. Jolly was brilliant (just about his best game for the club), other than that it was a bit of a mix. All of our mids had their moments, but didn't really put in for 4 quarters. Swan and Thomas were crucial with goals in the last.

Good first half from Reid but faded out of it. Brown was solid down back. Harry did a good job and got under Milne's skin - probably a bit lucky with that last play though.

Still don't think Seedsman should be playing and young's not a sub. If he plays, put him in for a full game. Prefer Buckley (injured) and Clarke (omitted) to both. Reckon one will make way for Didak next week at the least.

Thanks for the summary. Am away so haven't seen the game. So much negativity in the first few pages of this thread, I thought we might have lost.

Perhaps we are not playing scintillating footy - but those 4 points last night are sooo important right now, given that Hawks and Weagles lost.

Should be a cracker game next week. Go Pies. Wink
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:54 am

We dodged a bullet, simple as that. How it came to that after the 2nd quarter is beyond me. Our best will obliterate just about anyone but our worst would see us get run over by Gold Coast. We seem to get that in a whole game most weeks. We get too cute once we have a team on the ropes and don't seem too interested in going for a complete kill. I hope it has something to do with saving themselves for the finals, it's the only conclusion I can draw that gives me hope. Confused
Pie 65 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:59 am

Dids, Krak, the Caff would make us a better team.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am

Thank God for Jolly, Thomas & the fact that the umpires actually favoured us for once!
The less said about that game the better, when will we actually start playing like we know we can can win the flag?
&#^% I hope it is soon!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:49 am

stui magpie wrote:
Geezus.

I did a cardiac stress test a couple of years ago and got made to stop when my blood pressure hit 200 before my heart rate did.

Games like that may not give me a heart attack but a stroke is a viable option.

I said to the bloke behind me at 1/4 time, we're playing shite but we're only 4 points down. Then the second quarter was good, then the last half.

I'll take the win, the Saints are better than their ladder position and were playing for their season. Our tilt at the finals is starting, we're trying different things.

supporting collingwood does that to you. it was quite the irony they had the heart attack game day sponsor.

i am intrigued by our approach of late. we seem to trying to move the ball on quickly and in our endeavours handballing to anyone and anything. there were a number of occasions when the ball seemed to go to no one in particular or to a man in a worse position, i.e. the receiving player would be tackled immediately.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:59 am

They're shit!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
4pies Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Pie 65 wrote:
The Saints aren't a bad team boyz.

and you call yourself a magpie supporter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: