Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 19 - Bendigo vs Collingwood at Queen Elizabeth Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressed to hear that Paine played a ripping game. 5 goals won't do him any harm in pressing for senior selections. Some were saying that he could replace Dawes, but Dawes showed enough last night that he deserves to be in the team for another week. If Paine can bulk up in muscle for another year, he's going to be an imposing key forward for us in the future. He's got a bright future ahead of him.

Good to hear that Didak had a solid game and is also close to pressing for senior selection. I think he'll come into the side for Seedsman or Young I think and Paine will come in for Goldsack.

The highlight of the day was to see Krakouer and Macaffer return to football and getting through the game unscathed. I think it will still take them another 2-3 weeks to be ready for senior football provided there are no setbacks, but the signs look promising. It will be great to see them return before the finals if everything goes according to plan, as they could prove to be a difference in the finals.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Only saw the 2nd & 3rd quarters but Paine wasn't all that impressive. Admittedly, he wasn't helped by delivery into the forward 50. He played in front and the ball was bombed in allowing for an easy spoil and clearance, he played behind and the ball came in low and hard allowing for easy spoil/intercept and clearance. Got a couple of soft frees which led to a couple of his goals.

Of the AFL listed players, I actually thought Thomas and Didak were the standouts. Thomas must be close to senior selection. Ceglar, Smith and Gault were good. Yagmoor was much improved on what I'd seen previously.

Good to see Krak and Caff get through and make some contribution to the outcome.

Hine and Wallace were the standout VFL listed players. Kritta was solid.

On the flip side, Clarke had a game he'd rather forget. Very fumbly.

Ugle is a disappointment. Little or no offensive impact and way too lazy defensively. We all know he's got some ability but he will need to show some improvement to justify being retained.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:44 pm

^ Was only there for about a half in the end. saw 15mins of the 1st, all the 2nd and 5 min of the 3rd.

Didak looked good. About the only senior pressure that I saw. Pies will be cautious with him and will want him fit. Will have another VFL game I'd think.

Wood was solid, but not starring against Hille.

Paine was quiet when I was there. Presented well. He must have done most his work in the Quarters when I wasn't.

Krak was quiet when I was there. He kicked his goal when I was up the street on my way out and could see through the fence. Not sure how he will come into the seniors lacking fitness and touch and displace, Elliott or Sinclair Young, or Seedsman. Especially when considering Didak will take one of those spots. Maybe Krak will be our super sub come finals?

Witts did some nice things on the deck, but clearly we need him clunking a few to make seniors. Which I didn't see.

Yagamoor show little bits too. Not really a senior player this year, but should make it in a year or two.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 am

Photos from the game.

VICTORIA PARK ON FACEBOOK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: