Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 16 - Collingwood vs Geelong at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the ground today and from my observations, Young was probably our best AFL-listed player along with Gault.

I agree with MagpieBat on Ferraro. He never stopped trying.

Overall, they're not many players who would be threatening for a senior side spot after watching today's match.

Disappointing result overall and the scoreline again flattered us somewhat like it did against Coburg a few weeks back.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Glad to hear Gault played well
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

In my opinion he played well, and he kicked 2 nice goals.

The only player I could see threatening for a senior spot from today's match is Tom Young.

The biggest disappointment of the day was Cameron Wood. He'll never be a good player.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 am

Jezza wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

In my opinion he played well, and he kicked 2 nice goals.

The only player I could see threatening for a senior spot from today's match is Tom Young.

The biggest disappointment of the day was Cameron Wood. He'll never be a good player.

Correct weight.

As I predicted before the game, and so it came to pass, he was quite simply buried by Stephenson in the ruck.

Yeah, Tom Young was probably the only one who pushed for senior duties, and even he was only at par with his best, which is to say not reliable AFL standard.

Was really dissapointed with Seedsman, personally. Just seemed to be well below his best (that he has shown so far).

Rounds... played.

Gault was reasonable. Wouldn't mind giving him a crack in seniors, to be honest. Versus GWS?

Paine didn't have the best of days. Took a couple of those great marks of his, but failed to deliver in front of goal.

Not the best day for Witts, either. Bit of a "reality check" kind of game for the monster.

Yagmoor, I thought, showed some good signs. Won't get back into the seniors again this year, of course, but some promising signs after a terrible first half of the year. Could have sworn I saw his dad in the crowd...?

Shae Mac - MIA.

Lachlan Wallace is a gun. Think Jarryd Blair, both in size and attack on the ball. Get him!

Ferraro, as I said earlier and Jezza concurred, kept on keeping on until the final bell. Deserves a crack at AFL on a list somewhere.

Sundberg, quietly building back to his best, though his was not his best game.

Josh Thomas was quiet all day, AND he copped a heavy knock towards in the 4th quarter that set him down on he grass for a couple of minutes, in quite obvious pain, befre being helped off by the medicos.

Ugle was ineffective.

Was a tale of two halves: first half, we showed great pressure at times and even kept the Cats goalless in the 2nd term, but failed to capitalize on our opportunities. 2nd half, the dam wall gradually cracked and then eventually broke.

Ah, well. Next week, Box Hill back at Vicky Park, curain-raiser to Hawthorn at the 'G. Set your alarm clocks, it's gonna be an early one...

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:47 am

Couple of points

The 3 rucks got thumped all day
Witts was pretty pathetic compared to his early season form.
He was lazy, lacked any mongrel and couldn't take any overhead mark.
In fact he looked pretty much disinterested. Is he carrying an injury - who knows!!!!!!!!!!!.
Wood was MIA.
Ceglar I like - Did an amazing reverse handball coming out of attack - will be good one day but yesterday was poor.
The forward setup was amazing! Geelong kept on marking uncontested ball and it didn't help when the ball was delivered so poorly.
Of the players I knew only Young and Yagmoor l liked - bad afternoon unfortunately - but the evening was great!!!!!!!!!

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Witts is getting to the pointy end of his first season, expected to tire for sure.

Woods slide backwards really dents our premiership aspirations.

Ceglar, still unknown.

Jolly goes down or goes into finals injured and we have major issues, again.

ItwasoutHarmes 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Agree totally Big T. Witty has only had one Pre season? he will be fine, expectations should be when he is 22 or so. Be patient.
Lots of mixed reaction on Young as well on the boards, these NSW lads are ona steep and long learning curve. Young will keep knocking on the door of seniors ...... He will be a much better player at around 22. In Hine we trust.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:23 am

Hey MagpieBat, thanks for the directions to the pubs that you recommended around the area. I ended up going to the Barley Corn Hotel before the big one at the MCG because it was the easiest to walk to from Vic Park. Smile
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:27 am

^ Hey, no problem, mate. Glad you had a good time.

Ended up going to "The Clocks" venue at Flinders Street station, myself. Pretty good food and drinks there. Also is right next to the train station. But I walked to the G, AND back after the game... in the bloody rain!

Still sore from all the walking and carrying stuff around. Laughing

Great result though, so the soreness was worth it! Very Happy

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:31 am

^ Doesn't matter if your sore mate, we won the match Smile

Give it a few days and you should be good as new.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:36 am

Jezza wrote:
^ Doesn't matter if your sore mate, we won the match Smile

Give it a few days and you should be good as new.

Yep. As I said, all the soreness was worth it if only to see our boys bounce back and bury our tormentors from down Geelong way. Very Happy

Looking forward to the double-header next week, if I can swing it. 10:30am on Saturday, I'm usually just getting up at that time! Laughing

Gonna be a tough one against the Hawks, but we might just have Didak back for a run, so it'll be worth the early start if we get to see Dids back on the park again...

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:53 pm

In answer to your question MB, Bolland is a week maybe two away, Hammy and a Foot issue.
I hear frustration from many of the VFL players, they are enjoying being at the club but want to win as well. They understand the system is not set up for them to win. It's there to get players ready to fill a role in the AFL side if required.

If I had my way I would take six of the VFL listed players to local level where they would earn more and win more regulary. Whilst they are enjoying their footy at VFL level that won't happen.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:13 pm

In a bad year, that was our worst performance.

Krita and the VFL boys are trying to get more out of the AFL boys but aside from Jackson Paine and one or two others, the impact is simply not there.

I do not think it is a question of effort. The AFL listed players believe in the cause, they know that winning and playing well at VFL level strengthens their push for a prized AFL call up. Perhaps that is having the reverse effect. When we played The Borough the pressure was off and we were not expected to win. We came out and played dominant carefree footy all day and we lost Paine early that game too and played a man down.

Not sure what to think, aside from a possible coaching issue perhaps?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 pm

die4pies wrote:

The performance against Geelong was poor, but the Werribee game in Round 10 was our worst performing game of the season so far. We lost by 109 points in that match.

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:24 pm

Jezza wrote:
die4pies wrote:

The performance against Geelong was poor, but the Werribee game in Round 10 was our worst performing game of the season so far. We lost by 109 points in that match.

Very true, but I didn't think we were that bad. Werribee were just too good and had a day out at our expense.

We were just plain very bad against Geelong.

Photos from the loss...

VICTORIA PARK ON FACEBOOK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: