Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Caro nuts Harry for Beamsy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nulla 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm

I can't believe everyone is so happy to lose Harry! You people clearly aren't watching the games very closely, twenty times a game harry's guts and brilliance saves us a goal or launches a thrust, only Heater gets more running bounces, and Harry's strength is phenomenal. He's also one of the most team-oriented guys at the club, he loves the Black & White more than he loves the Dalai Lama!

Now if you wanna see why these guys will be staying I suggest watching a few eps of the B&W Show. The fun and the camaraderie among these guys is incredible, I've watched many similar shows from other clubs and they have nothing like the closeness our guys enjoy.
And again, being at a club as likely as us to pick up a flag or five is worth money to players. "Premiership player" before your name makes you an attractive prospect to other teams, as does finals experience.

I hate losing players. Any players who have worn the Black & White in anger are heroes of mine, and I dread the day at the end of each season when we learn who is retiring, leaving or being delisted, & I hate the idea that the more idiotic 'supporters will 'boo' them for playing in other colours.

It does seem that we will lose someone, maybe Wellyboot, maybe even Trav, but god I hope not, although I'm worried that Trav's demands and his apprent form are not jibing, & despite his haul on Saturday I didn't think he was THAT much better than in previous weeks. I actually think he's been very good the last few, just not kicking goals. On Saturday it all went his way, but we forget that at half time the commentaters were saying Glass had had the better of the matchup. Suddenly he's totally back?!

Let us not forget that other clubs will be looking at other players too, in another two months Elliot or Sinclair could be the hottest young player in football, we wouldn’t want to lose them, and who's to say we aren't looking at players from other clubs to boost our stocks in the next few years? I wouldn't mind picking up young Patton from GWS, or even better young Jeremy Cameron who is going to be an absolute gun.

I just hope Collingwood don't make the kind of clusterf*ck we made last year which cost us Leon Davis. Certainly we have the upper hand in any negotiations right now, but that might make us try to bully player managers as we've done in the past.

Don't screw the fans over Collingwood, you still need us!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:55 pm

ClokingDevice wrote:
In the modern game if it comes down to giving up Wellingham or forcing retirement on a couple of vets then that's an easy choice, youth and speed all the way

Reasons Wellingham would be one of the few I wouldn't want to lose

1: Speed
2: Can be the playmaker off half back
3 Can tag and shut down opposition stars
4: Has developed into a dangerous forward with marking and goal kicking skills

It's an impressive CV when you consider all the above is seperate to his main job being part of the midfield rotations

gets his own contested footy
can play inside and outside
can run with
play wing, mid, forward, half back
is tough
no way he goes

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 am

Beams and Harry O wont sign till the end of the season

All the clauses they put in contracts these days, there Managers will be weighing up back ended contracts.

E.g 275 over 2, and 450 in the 3rd = $1,000,000

Who knows how much Dids and Johnno are actually taking out of 2013's Salary Cap. They might have front ended contracts.

So when reporters/journo's try and talk about knowing how much is left in a Clubs Salary cap.....its pure BULLSHIT.

Nathan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:38 am

Taz, Johnno gone end of this year def in my view, whether they want to be or not. just not enough game time to warrant holding back younger guys.

Dids maybe falls into that category as well, but has played more footy and is a bit better player when heis good to go.

jols would go to veterens list and then u still can pick up maxy or someone like that as well in the vets list.

wood prolly gone, or if he isnt then jols will be, hard to see how we keep four ruckmen on thelist next year. that will actualy free up some cash, esp since dids and jonno will be back ended.

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
On the March 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:12 am

Yes Taz and Johno will go.

Jolly cant go on vets list but Dids and Maxwell can
88MPH 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:14 pm

So it's true. Collingwood IS struggling to get all of our stars re-signed under the slary cap! But wait. I thought we had enough "coin" left to go after Josh Drummond, Jed Adcock and other free agents...

Surely this must signal the death of "can we please recruit (insert name hear)" threads...

ClokingDevice 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:29 pm

88MPH wrote:
So it's true. Collingwood IS struggling to get all of our stars re-signed under the slary cap! But wait. I thought we had enough "coin" left to go after Josh Drummond, Jed Adcock and other free agents...

Surely this must signal the death of "can we please recruit (insert name hear)" threads...

If one of our stars gets shaken loose there might be 200/250k left over for a Drummond who might put a flag before money

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:44 pm

ClokingDevice wrote:
88MPH wrote:

If one of our stars gets shaken loose there might be 200/250k left over for a Drummond who might put a flag before money

Nah if one of our stars got squeezed out it would only pay for the increases in other players wages at the club. Beams, Reid Goldy etc. How do you think the current players would feel if they settled for low coin & then when some is available because we lose a team mate, they go & bring an outsider in?
Would not be good for morale. No way any free agents will be coming our way & to be honest it isn't required. Keep our guys & stuff the rest.
88MPH 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Quote:

Oh pu-lease.

Firstly, none of our stars are going to get shaken out leaving $250,000 on the table.

Secondly, why would Josh Drummond or anyone else put a flag before money, yet our star wouldn't?!?

Beast 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:06 pm

Harry would be the first one I'd look to let go.

He has a long way to go to make me forget his shitness through thought the year, one or two good games aren't gonna do it.
One hot day doesn't make a summer.
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:08 pm

88MPH wrote:
Quote:

Oh pu-lease.

Firstly, none of our stars are going to get shaken out leaving $250,000 on the table.

Secondly, why would Josh Drummond or anyone else put a flag before money, yet our star wouldn't?!?

Because most of our stars have already tasted a success.

This fact shouldn't even be beyond your comprehension.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:05 pm

The bad thing is.. winning the flag could actually give Beams and Cloke more reason to leave. A high level of success already achieved.
----------
------------
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Geelong set a benchmark for high level of success.

Swan is the only one who can safely say he has tasted a high level of success.

We have achieved success, by getting the ultimate prize. Now we need more.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:47 pm

42 wrote:
Taz, Johnno gone end of this year def in my view, whether they want to be or not. just not enough game time to warrant holding back younger guys.

Dids maybe falls into that category as well, but has played more footy and is a bit better player when heis good to go.

jols would go to veterens list and then u still can pick up maxy or someone like that as well in the vets list.

wood prolly gone, or if he isnt then jols will be, hard to see how we keep four ruckmen on thelist next year. that will actualy free up some cash, esp since dids and jonno will be back ended.

for veterans list a player must be 10 years at one club.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: