Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Millennium Challenge

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 1999 12:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what time the millenium match starts . Can't wait to see Rupert and yes I did see Bucks On the back cover of the HSun and all I can say is yum .

Tone,tone,tone
Just because someone isn't a member it doesn't mean that their not one eyed pies supporters . I'm not a member because it 's not worth it for me , so shut up .

49 till I die
Go Rups
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 1999 5:12 am

Tone I'm afraid Michy is right.
There are a number of factors that can stop "supporters" from being members, no matter how they would like to.
1) Money- can they afford to?
2) Are they going to use it enough?
3) Age
4) Location (how they going to get to a match every once in a while if they don't live within easy travelling distance from Melbourne). Remember not everyone lives in or near Melbourne.
5) Have to Work
No, at the moment I don't have a membership! Because of ALL the factors above. But WHEN I think I can afford it, and I can get to the footy when I want then I will get a membership. You are WRONG in assuming that age, sex, or whether you have a membership or not determines how much of a one eyed Collingwood supporter you are!

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 20 December 1999).]
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 1999 6:58 am

I agree with Joel.

Last year I was flat broke so I had to make a decision about whether to keep this site going or pay membership fees for Nick and I - it was really no contest. Nick would have been a cadet and I would have been a country member so we're not talking sheep stations, but we had no money, we couldn't get to the footy (from Tassie)and paying membership would have boosted the numbers by only two. On the other hand we are under the happy illusion that this site actually makes a difference and the Club gets better value from the money spent here than it would if I was to spend it on membership. They may not agree, but in the end the decision is a personal one. I have renewed this year, but it was very hard to justify the amount of money that is invested in Collingwood and being a member has not made me a better supporter

I'm not making excuses here, I'm saying that Nick and I fit into nearly every one of the points made by Joel and I'm sure that there are many others that do also.

I think that in the current AFL climate, membership is every bit as important as the Club are saying, but non-members are in danger of being of being pilloried by the 'holier than thou' merely for the fact that they are not members and without any regard for the reasons.
michy 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 1999 10:51 am

tone,
Joel and Mike are two very sensible and understanding people . They know exactly why I'm not a member.
1.I'm too young to work there for I have no money . (not much)
2.me and my sister are both pies supporters but we are under the age of 18 there for it is much more suitable that we have an older person with us. (parents)
My dad's a saints supporter my mum's a tigers supporter so why would they get a pies memnership.
3.As for whether i'm a female/male I thought it would be clear i'm a female i love rupert.

So what if the coach said "if your not a member we don't want your support."
It wasn't a problem when Tony was around and it shouldn't be now.We're not all rich as mm is.
As Joel said 'it doesn't matter what sex,age,or if your a member to be a one eyed pies fan.

49 till I die
I LOVE RUPS

it's better not being a member u can choose any where u want to sit as for members have allocated seats.
I still got to go to the last game at vic Park and all the functions etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: