Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

stupid bombers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 1999 5:12 pm
Post subject: stupid bombersReply with quote

the bombers are so crap. tonight's game was ruined because of that stupid rain!! ahh!! i hate rain! there was like no highlights whatsoever, except for some brilliant play by mal michael (a superb sliding mark and a brilliant smother and second effort). we just couldn't get our running game going, no one could take a mark in the forward line, and no matter what the newspapers think the bombers defence is crap!! the boundary line may as well wear an essendon jumper, i mean all the defenders did was kick it off the ground and put it over the boundary..and what do you know someone is on the radio right now complaining about the same thing! the bombers are crap!! if fletcher is a good player then i'm nathan buckley. dean wallis is a buffoon. and where the hell was everyone tonight!! who cares if it was raining, a crowd of 57,000 was pathetic. this stupid guy in front of me kept on saying 'presti is a moron' and 'presti is an idiot' and he was a bloody collingwood supporter! i hate that sooo much. by the way the brawl in the last quarter was good, that idiot barry young tried to start rowdy. then someone got on lica's nerves (think there was something in that - lica looked distressed and told bucks something and bucks told the ump). i reckon tazza looked good in the midfield in the last quarter. the only problem was we didn't have a ruckman in the third quarter. richo didn't play well at all. overall a slow, tedious game of footy.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 1999 8:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe some of the match reports that calimed both Tarrant and Michael were "soundly beaten"!!!

I was there though the whole miserable affair (foxy's last sentence sums it up perfectly) and both mIchael and Tarrant were winners. I don't know how Pebbles dropped those 2 chest marks - Lloyd was in the identical situation and he held his. Maybe there's something about Roccas in the wet.

Don't understand why Anthony was in the ruck in the last quarter. I finally stopped raining, and we were in desperate need of a strong forward.

Essendon will kill their own GF chances if they continue to play like they did on Friday, and get so easily sucked in to brawls. According to Quartermain (I was in the Ponsford stand, so at the wrong end of the ground) Yound connected a fist with Rowdy's face. GIVE HIM LIFE.

As for umpiring, #23 - I think his name was Ellis - is a sure bet to be back in the bush next week. He obviously needs to learn to read, as many of his decisions (or lack of) were the OPPOSITE of what the AFL rules book indicates. For anyone who taped it, just have a look at the angle Patto ended up on after a 50-metre penalty. The rule states that the 50 metres be brought in liner with the centre of the goals, thus always improving the angle. Patto went from a 60 degree angle to about a 15 degree. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???

As for the conditions, well I was stuck in the rain, and the whole standard of the game left me wanting it just to hurry up and finish. That was one of the worst AFL games I've seen.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 1999 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they're just taking their time with wazza, like they're doing with adkins. apparently adkins is going to play 200 games according to shaw, and there's no doubt wazza will win a couple of brownlows, but we just have to let them settle in. as for presti, he's getting better every week. no doubt he could make a forward, he is surprisingly quick, in fact the only reason he was 10th pick overall in the draft was because he was a mobile CHF. i reckon they should give him a run on carey this week, why not? nothing to lose, except a match. think it's time for watto to get a run in the seniors, he dominated in the magoos. great to see that oborne kicked 4 in the magoos as well, he's been a bit quiet lately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: