Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Those State Libs & their land deals. Is this corruption?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Juddy uses paper bags.
Recycled of course.
4pies Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:18 pm

and please don.t mention the company.
any truth in the rumour that the note printing plant out campberfield got overtime to print enough notes to entice juddy across to carlscum?

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:18 am

More evidence of Liberal Government corruption has now emerged.

As reported in the press today, a Liberal Party member approached the Planning Minister wanting him to over-ride 10 years of consistent bipartisan policy and suddenly rezone an area of farming land to residential. (And make that Liberal Party member a windfall fortune.)

The Planning Minister called for advice from his department and the advice said "no way, this is a terrible idea", so the Minister had the advice re-written and ordered that the department "advise" him to do what he was going to do anyway - re-zone the land and hand his developer mate and fellow Liberal Party member a big pile of dishonest money.

All of this was kept secret on orders from the Liberal Goverment, but the cruical evidence has now leaked out through a VCAT appeal hearing. Details here:

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/land-advice-ignored-by-minister-20120625-20ylz.html

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:14 pm

The Libs don't engage in dirty politics, remember. That's only those union thugs who do that; the Libs engage in True Democracy (TM), unsullied by grubby calloused hands.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/abbott-palmer-in-row-on-lobbyists-20120625-20ykp.html

Candidate selection and party policy is a far more dignified and hygienic affair among the conservatives.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Tannin wrote:
More evidence of Liberal Government corruption has now emerged.

As reported in the press today, a Liberal Party member approached the Planning Minister wanting him to over-ride 10 years of consistent bipartisan policy and suddenly rezone an area of farming land to residential. (And make that Liberal Party member a windfall fortune.)

The Planning Minister called for advice from his department and the advice said "no way, this is a terrible idea", so the Minister had the advice re-written and ordered that the department "advise" him to do what he was going to do anyway - re-zone the land and hand his developer mate and fellow Liberal Party member a big pile of dishonest money.

All of this was kept secret on orders from the Liberal Goverment, but the cruical evidence has now leaked out through a VCAT appeal hearing. Details here:

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/land-advice-ignored-by-minister-20120625-20ylz.html

Now you're getting somewhere. This is the beauty of mechanisms like VCAT and and FOI laws and oversight of government processes in general. Ministers misbehaving generally get caught out these days unlike the days of Bjelke-Pedersen. If dirty deals are done evidence will eventually emerge.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:15 am

Breaking news today: the Ombudsman's enquiry is complete and his report is in: Geoff Shaw, the state Liberal member for Frankston, is guilty.

The member in question, says the Ombudsman's verdict, misappropriated government funds by using his taxpayer-funded vehicle to run his business.

The case now goes to the appropriate police and prosecuting authorities for a decision on whether criminal charges will go ahead.

This is cruical news because, if charged and found guilty - and after months of investigation we can see what the Ombudsman's view is - there goes Ted's one-seat majority.

This could change the government.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:58 am

Apparently, he'll get away with it because it depends on the word shouldn't according to the conservative media this morning.

MP's should't as opposed to musn't is where Shaw will get off despite the fact that he is as gulity as sin for using public assets for private purposes / private gain.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Despite the naysayers (some of them in this very thread), the truth is starting to come out at last.

Planning Minister Matthew Guy has been referred to Victoria's anti-corruption watchdog after Ombudsman George Brouwer concluded allegations of secret fund-raising meetings with property developers could represent corrupt conduct.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/planning-minister-referred-to-watchdog-20130521-2jyu4.html

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:20 pm

Tannin wrote:
Massive, blatant corruption. Absolute dog acts. I hope this scum rot in Hell where they belong.

I voted for Ted 'cause I was sick of the bad management and land deal corruption the Labor mob were getting into.

Well, that was nothing by comparison with the massive, utterly shameless rorting going on with this mob.

People laughed at me when I started posting about the state Liberals' corrupt antics (some of it in this thread) and in particular Planning Minister's Guy's disgraceful conduct in office.

Well the truth is out now, and nobody's laughing anymore. In a couple of weeks, we are going to throw this scum out.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:23 am

Tannin wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Massive, blatant corruption. Absolute dog acts. I hope this scum rot in Hell where they belong.

I voted for Ted 'cause I was sick of the bad management and land deal corruption the Labor mob were getting into.

Well, that was nothing by comparison with the massive, utterly shameless rorting going on with this mob.

People laughed at me when I started posting about the state Liberals' corrupt antics (some of it in this thread) and in particular Planning Minister's Guy's disgraceful conduct in office.

Well the truth is out now, and nobody's laughing anymore. In a couple of weeks, we are going to throw this scum out.

What they've done (Mathew Guy ) to Fishermens bend is gift billions of public monies to land developers. Corrupt c*nts & pr*cks. The public were likely to realise 8-10 billion dollars. How many nurses, teachers & public services like public transport could this have assisted.?Apart from the expose in Fairfax where is the reporting? Oh wait, Mick Jagger can't perform & they dug up Kenny Rogers.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:21 am

Which of the Liberals dug up Kenny Rogers?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:47 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Tannin wrote:

What they've done (Mathew Guy ) to Fishermens bend is gift billions of public monies to land developers. Corrupt c*nts & pr*cks. The public were likely to realise 8-10 billion dollars. How many nurses, teachers & public services like public transport could this have assisted.?Apart from the expose in Fairfax where is the reporting? Oh wait, Mick Jagger can't perform & they dug up Kenny Rogers.

They wouldn't spend it on essential services. They would waste it on ugly finger paintings that cost a few Squillion

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Actually, tp, it would mostly have been spent - as I'm sure wpt has repeatedly observed over his career - on appointing more middle managers and senior executives to supervise and performance-audit the nurses, teachers and public transport providers. Occasionally a few extra services get funded, more or less by accident, when management struggles to identify the need for that last few equivalent full-time positions to monitor the people who actually do the productive work.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:09 pm

^ Not to mention on grossly overpaid private "consultants" to produce unread reports for every damn thing saying whatever it is they were hired by the government to say in the first place.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:19 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ Not to mention on grossly overpaid private "consultants" to produce unread reports for every damn thing saying whatever it is they were hired by the government to say in the first place.

I remember this becoming an issue with the Bracks government. Constant consultants, committees, boards of enquiry. Anything but action. No state government since has deviated from it. I really hope Andrews is someone different, but I'm not holding my breath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: