Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

stupid weagles

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 1999 4:28 am
Post subject: stupid weaglesReply with quote

not sure that the 36-point margin really tells the tale of last night's game. there were some really encouraging signs from the whole team. let me go through the players. monky dominated the air, although we couldn't really capitalise by getting the centre breaks. orchard was great around the packs, got 21 possies and was busy. richo actually showed some skill with a neat checkside goal on the run, did well on the half-forward line in the second half. bucks was a little quieter than usual, but his snap goal was unbelievable. patto was used in the forward pocket for most of the game, and was really hungry and busy. freeborn kicked a goal but didn't do much else, is out of form. willo is also out of form, although he did show a bit of run in places. schaubs played his best game for ages, cleaned up mitchell white and another opponent and read the play beautifully in places. tape also did well to counter white, he's a great athlete and mark. tuckey had a quiet one, replaced rowdy, hardly got any game time. pebbles was good again, provided a target, took some strong marks. tarks is becoming really consistent, again one of our best players. crosisca was not nearly as good as last week, but never stopped encouraging everyone, was really hungry at half-forward. kinnear was fairly quiet, but he did take THAT mark. unbelievable. and the 60 metre goal as well!! that was something else. licuria played his best game for the pies so far, although his opponent (cousins) was probably just as damaging. lane again performed well, took 8 marks. presti; well, he seemed to do well on cummings, but somehow cummings ended up with 7. but the way the eagles were delivering the ball to cummings there was no way presti could've stopped it. jaco played the best game of his career, did a fair job on phil matera and provided a bit of dash himself. scotland showed a cool head and steady kick when he came on the ground. raso got no game time except for the last 5 minutes. mal was great in the forward line, he's so hungry; just what we need down there. betho was also great around the packs and in the centre, he really does work well with bucks. just thinking last night about our forward line. we really do have a lot of talent for the future; think about it - sav at FF, pebbles at CHF, tazza at HFF (where he loves to play), browny at HFF, and then there's tuckey, kinnear, freeborn, richo, patto in a FP (i know you all hate him but hey), willo dashing off a HFF, wazza on a flank as well, oborne on a HFF..so many options! and let's not forget about mal at half-forward as well. wow. well, enough from me.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 1999 12:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your title that the egirls are stupid, but you really reckon Jacotine had his best game?

I mean Phil Matera kicked 4 pretty easy goals because Jaco was left eating his dust. Admittedly not too many people can keep up with Phil.

But what about in that last quarter when he stood with his back to the play as Cousins walked in for what was in the end an easy goal.

And he's gotta learn to be able to kick the ball 30 metres onto someones chest.

But enough on poor little Jaco, you also bagged Williams who was burning when put into the midfield in the second half.

I agree that Schauble was great, he looked like he's finally getting his mobility back.

And Paul Licuria was awesome in the midfield. Even though Cousins had a lot of it too, Licuria at least matched him.

Tarkyn Lockyer was probably our best player until he went off mid way through the 3rd quarter. It seemed strange cause he didn't appear to be injured.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 1999 2:15 pm

well one or two of those 4 matera goals were just flukes really. i just thought jaco showed some pace himself out of the back line, and he can kick don't worry. he actually hit the target most of the time last night. anyway i think it's time for tuckey to have a run in the magoos and wasley needs another run. will be great to get tazza back next week.
Mick 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 1999 3:17 am

I don't know how you guys get so impressed with a 6 goal loss. The Eagles were not travelling that well and we were clearly outclassed. Shawry's coaching was inflexible and cost us the game.
Presti had 7 kicked on him. That's not good enough for a full back. It was clear at 1/4 time he would kick on but alas no move (or was it there was no plan B in the first place)
Jacotine - agreee he did show some good run but failed at his number one job. Contrast Matera's 4 goals from 6 possessions to Patto's 1 (I think) from about 12 possies. I know which one I'd prefer from a forward pocket. Again no move when it was clear very early.
Lockyer had a lot of it but his opponent Morrison really hurt us. They went through him almost every time. He couldn't keep up that's why he was dragged.
Licuria also got a lot of it but his direct opponent Cousins was the main avenue to goal through half-forward and had more impact. No move.
Orchard also got a bit of it but was consistently beaten by Matera's pace - Orchard's weakest area. No move.
Kinnear did take a great grab but like most of our forward line let the Eagles backmen play an embarrassing game of keepings off. I could have told you 5 years ago the Eagles rely on Jakovich and McKenna etc to run the ball out of the backline yet we did not focus on this and let them do it again.
The midfield remains our weakest area.
Positives. A Rocca's maturity appears to grow each week. They didn't throw it in like last week.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 1999 10:53 am

orchard lacks pace? no way, along with wasley he's the fastest player at collingwood.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 1999 11:46 am

Mick, what game did you watch?

Orchard played at least WELL, and showed quite a bit of pace.

Jaco DID have 4 goals kicked on him, but no-one else could have even kept up with Matera, who got his goals with some "lurking" and 2 of them because other Coll'd backmen didn't run the ball out of play properly. Jaco got about 15 quite valuable possessions. Comparison with Patto is spot-on: Wirrpunda absoluttely slaughtered him, and should have been 2nd best on ground.

I, too, was astounded that Cummings got to chat with Presti all night, in between kicking a lazy 7. Why weren't Richo or Mal given a go? Mal did well up forward, but needs to convert and kick to a lead more often.

Will Monky be right to play against Richmond? He did his bakc in the last quarter and did not look well at all.

As for Pebbles, yes he looked good. However, he did not lead to space as often as it was available to lead into, and often directed his leads to where other packs were forming. Tactically he/Shaw did well to stay deep, but he needed to make more of that situation. Good to see him kicking with the confidence that his big brother has lacked (apart from Geelong game).

Great to see Lica bakc and firing well - he was awarded NORWICH RISING STAR this week.

Willo is in trouble. His disposal is now rivalling Patterson's for the "worst kick in forward / midfield" trophy. I flinched evry time he went near the ball. He has been a champion, so I hope he can recover "it" soon.

Does anyone REALLY think we can beat Richmond? It's going to take 6-7 goals from Rocca, 3-4 from Tarrant (if he's back) and a 40+ Buckley bonanza. I pray, but not for long.

NEWS ON SHANE WATSON: His brother (mid-20s) was killed at a level-crossing accident this week. Our sympathies and thoughts are with you, Watto.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 1999 3:36 pm

of course we can beat richmond. don't you remember that classic game against richmond in about round 4 last year? the score at quarter time was about 48-2 i think. that was beautiful. and in the second quarter watto kicked one of the most beautiful team goals i have ever seen. i was nearly jumping out of the MCG that night, that was crazy. by the way, monky is fine.
Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 1999 2:55 pm

Thanks for the reminder, Foxy, but I was at the MCG earlier this year when we disappeared to the tune of 50 points.

That's kinda more in my memory bank.

Didn't last year's gaem involve both Roccas firing on the same night (we always win when they BOTH play well)? Well, we're missing the one who kicks them more often.

I despair, but look forward to 2000.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 1999 2:30 am

Bucks was missing that night and we were still in sack Shawry mode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: