Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brown, Crossisca, Monkhurst.....like new recruits

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 1999 6:12 am
Post subject: Brown, Crossisca, Monkhurst.....like new recruitsReply with quote

Took my three year old to her first game ever yesterday..... Who else can say they have a 100% strike-rate for watching the Pies win. She particularly liked hanging her scarf out the window on the way home.

Browny, Bagger and Monkey were running around like 18 year olds and you could see them enjoy having a win, just like old times. I had almost written Browny off at the start of the year, but an injury free Gavin Brown is worth going to Waverley on a cold day to see. Monkey was even running past for handballs.

What can you say about Bucks that hasn't been said already....He is a sensation. He led 'Cindy' Crawford to the ball all day, which is no mean feet considering how fit Crawford is. Bucks had it 43 times and kicked three goals which is something he has been criticised for in the past (not kicking enuff goals) An inspirational bit of guts in the last qtr too, when he stood under a rainmaker and got poleaxed, he bounced straight up, needless to say.

Brent Tuckey took some sensational marks yesterday and seems to be gaining in confidence. I'd let him see out the year in the seniors with the instruction to "go for it son!!" Tarkyn Lockyer also continues to impress - he is very hard at the ball. Hell, even Patto had a good game yesterday.

One thing that struck me is how well we play at Waverley now. The playing surface is incredibly vast and we seem to use the space well. Waverley also has a definate family atmosphere that other grounds don't. I think it will be missed next year.

Damien.

PS: Sav Rocca for mark of the year.

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 1999 1:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't say that lockyer's hard at the ball - his main asset is his poise. he's so cool, whenever he gets the ball you know he's just going to straighten up and hit a target. and i agree with you about waverely. i sat right next to the pies interchange bench, it was a great atmosphere at ground level. especially when the umpires gave a stupid free kick against browny for holding the ball after he dived on it like a crazy man. i've never seen such passion from the supporters as i did in the reaction to that decision; everyone was on their feet, it was great. we scared all the stupid hawthorn supporters away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: