Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpires

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWedgie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 1999 4:27 am
Post subject: UmpiresReply with quote

Well, I was at the game in Adelaide, being a SA supporter of the great Magpies.
How many people saw the replay of the last incident (right in the last few minutes)????
The Crows complain about the umpiring decisions! The crows player fell over his own feet.
ROBBED I TELL YOU. ROBBED.
(and of course no-one in the AFL can comment on the umpires)

paul 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 1999 10:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wedgie,

Do you have any details of Matthew Pavlich. The recruiting team went to see him play on Saturday with a view to drafting him with either our concessional or #1 pick. Is he tall, mobile, strong, can kick like a mule and fight like a crocodile or is he a flashy SA wimp?

In other news our other high draft pick Josh Fraser kicked 6 in a BOG effort for Murray Bushrangers.

Let us hpe that these two can take the next step to AFL level quickly.
TheWedgie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 1999 3:32 pm

paul, I would be happy to look around for info on Matthew Pavlich.
Should put it on in the next few days if I can find some.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 1999 6:00 pm

CALM DOWN EVERYONE.

I was as shattered as the next man at the free kick given (incorrectly according to me and the replays I've now seen umpteen times); however, I'd have to say that any umpire on any day anywhere would have seen it the same way.

Young Rupert did have his hands (legally) on Hart's (it was him wasn't it?) bakcto keep him out of the contest, but HArt tripped over his own feet. Both players has their backs to the umpire so it would have looked like a blatant push.

I'll abuse umpires as loud as any Vic Park Outer fan (which I am), but I also think they deserve some credit for taking on one of the worst jobs in sports.

I only saw the 2nd half (thanks to Ch 7 and the AFL's "programming for morons" department) but the umpires did seem to do an unusually good job.

How good WAS Sav (bar his kicking of course)? He was hardly sighted in the 2nd half telecast, but radio said he was "unstoppable" in the first 2 quarters.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: