Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Earlybird match report

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 1999 5:47 pm
Post subject: Earlybird match reportReply with quote

Its 11:30pm...I've just put up with a train full of dogs supporters on the way home from the 'G', my beloved is waiting in my warm bed but I must first submit a match report.(especially for you guys OS) Conditions tonight were bloody warm compared to last week - Even though we lost by our usual margin, tonight was definately a turning point for the Pies. There was a definate feeling at the ground that for once this season we didn't bring a good opposition down to our level, BUT we rose to their level. Without a doubt we should have won this game. The Umpires gave us nothing, in fact they crucified us and had Pebbles kicked 9.2 instead of 5.6, not to mention Shauble, Freeborn etc... missing easy shots we would have taken the points, add to this the fact that Burnsy and Nicky Davis had very average games (most unlike them this year)and you can see that we had our chances.

In summary, Pebbles marked everything up forward (even the impossible ones), but shoulda kicked much better, Willowwas great, the umps killed us, Monkey should nevera been dropped, Tarkyn Lockyer is a big goer and finally.....Buckley was better than superb, in fact words can no longer describe his value to the team.

One final word, the Lulie Street Phantom is right, Scott Crow was shocking and should never play again. (I told Shawy this as he departed the coaches box after the game and some little blonde parasite who sits in the box and probably takes stats, got very offended by my comments)

------------------
Damien
Lulie Street Phantom 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 1999 11:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Crow I Told ya so.

Forget the scoreboard, this was our best perfomance for the year by a mile. Those white maggots gave us nothing.

dom90 

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 1999 6:02 pm

I totally agree, it was one of our better performances of the year despite the scoreboard. Even Terry Wallace admittted it was the first time this year that his team was up against it at the hard ball and were able to cause them to turnover. If you overseas guys get hold of todays herald Sun, the match report is spot on. I really think we can build on this. Reminds me a little of 1987.

Go Pies.

------------------

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 1999 5:16 am

look out for number 18 to feature prominently in the bulldogs best and fairest for this game. Not just Scott West but the bloody umpire shouldget a few votes too.
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 1999 5:52 am

Thanks a zillion Damien, you've done your reporting above and beyond the call of duty. Interesting to hear all you guys mention the umpiring, something which came thru the media as being a factor but not specifically described. Can you provide a brief description of the white-outs and a snap shot of the plays of the day? Sounds as though the skill levels bar was raised, is this true ?(apart from shots for goal). Finally, dare I ask, how did Curley and Josh Mahoney go? Appreciate your report Damien, from many miles away.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 1999 11:47 am

This was the first time this year that we put several really good passages of play together, not just the odd flukey one and we hit the packs bloody hard, this was acknowleged by Terry Wallace. There were a few stand out plays of the night: Jacotine kicked a great solo goal, he grabbed a ball on the wing had about 3 or 4 bounces and drilled it from about 30m out. Another highlight was Monkey's ability to get by himself on the opposite side of the ground to where the play was, they regularly switched to him during the game and it worked well. The best one for the night though was a vintage read from the centre bounce by Bucks, the 55m kick to a leading Pebbles who marked and dobbed the goal. I must say that we have had a dream run from the umps this year but that all changed on Friday night.

As good as Pebbles was last week, I think Sav must come back in at FF against Sydney. The dilemma is where to play Anthony. We all know that CHF on the small SCG is a graveyard, CHB is probably the same. He must also be an option for Plugger. Lets hope the coaching staff have their thinking caps on this week.

------------------
Damien
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 1999 5:51 pm

I can't believe the bagging of good old Scotty Crow. I would regard him in Collingwoods top 5 players. No doubt he is struggling at the moment but is that any reason for the pies to use their full list this year, as apposed to going with a proven player. If we were to go by current form then only Buckley and perhaps Pebble Boy would be eligible to play each week......

[This message has been edited by Mich@el (edited 27 May 1999).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: