Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brad Oborne....some good news

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 1999 3:32 am
Post subject: Brad Oborne....some good newsReply with quote

Brad Oborne's goals from outside 50m were sensational on Saturday night. He has a touch of class about him. Is he a left footer or were they on his wrong side? Ben Kinnear was also impressive. At the other end of the scale, Mark Richardson and Paul Williams need to do some serious soul searching and must surely be close to getting dropped. If Richo is in the side as a ruckman I'd rather see Monky there. It would be ironic if Willo was dropped to make way for Bucks. Pebbles and Burnsy were very good again and are both playing very consistently this year.

------------------
Damien
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 1999 11:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, taht willo should be dropped this week, esp in line with the youth policy.
On the other hand, "oldie" Monkhurst must be brouhgt back. it's no good demanding that every ruckman be White or McKernan or whatever, Monkie is our best ruckman and the young big blokes can learn more playing alongside him (Gardiner, Smith ,etc) than in his place. He's also inspirational, and a great moral support to our new blokes. He's even taking some marks these days, and he doesn't make many clangers. But mostly, he is very competitive re taps, and looking at our stats our tap stats have been abysmal without him. this is greatly underrated, eg the effect of Shaun Rhen on Adelaide.
Mr_Plow 

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 1999 6:06 pm

C'mon guys get real. Williams is struggling but he's still one of the best mid-sized player in the comp. At least play him in the forward pocket.

It was only a couple of weeks ago that he cut up Essendon and he was a hero again.

I do definetly agree about Monkhorst though. I thought he was pretty hard done by in the first place to be dropped.

Not that he was doing so great, but Richo doesn't really offer us anything in the ruck.
I mean he's not that tall, he's slow and he can't really get off the ground.

But don't blame Richo, he shouldn't be played in the ruck. It should be Monky or then Smith or Gardiner

Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 1999 6:38 am

I know that nobody will agree with me but I still firmly believe Sav should be in the ruck. I've written on this before, especially the parallels with Salmon. It also is the only way I can see him developing the necessary belief in himself. To leave him at FF is a dead set mistake because not only does he sag when he drops marks and misses sitters, the team goes down like an anchor. Ruckwork will build his confidence, get him fit and,, we'll win the centre bounces because of his height and leap. Hey,,, what have we got to lose with this strategy.

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 1999 8:56 am

yeah I agree about Sav in the ruck - he doesn't seem that consistent at FF, esp lately of course. I don't know how he does tap-wise in the ruck though (haven't seen him playing that pos)

RE Williams, maybe he's getting back some form, and FPocket makes sense b4 dropping im.
David West 

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 1999 11:55 pm

I still think that Monkey is our best option at the centre bounces where first poccession is vital, but Sav is a big lad,and I still recall a game last year when Shaw pulled a suprise and put Sav in the ruck. His work across the half back line with some fine attacking marks and some huge kicks into the forward line demoralised the opposition for that quarter and a half and I wonder could he be better value in a role of this type.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: