Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies dump Cats . All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Not sure who you want to play then mate, with Swan and Reid out injured. Maybe Jolly at full forward and Blair at full back?
Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Welcome to the first tier Sidey, what a great game tonight and our most consistent all year. Funny game. We looked better for much of the game but Geelong stayed in the hunt. Speaking of Hunt, what a laugh seeing him on Fas. Perhaps Hiss is right; at the moment we're a good ordinary side and tonight we gutsed it out to beat another good ordinary side.

In a close year, we're as good a chance as any of winning the flag. Only injuries will stop us and to lose Swanny and Reidy for another few weeks each just makes our job harder. Luckily we've got a couple of byes after next week's game.

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
magpiemike Taurus

LEGEND. AMEN.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
Sloppy, Sloppy Sloppy.
Tentative and hesitant as all @%CK.
But a win is a win.

PS: There were some #$uckwitt posters in game thread - just so that they could say I told you so at the end of the game.

Well you look like idiots now.

Sorry mate, missed your valuable contribution. To whom were you referring?
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:56 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
^^Not sure who you want to play then mate, with Swan and Reid out injured. Maybe Jolly at full forward and Blair at full back?

Me me me me!

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

AN_Inkling wrote:

Yes I do want Jolly at full forward although he killed it in the ruck tonight, not sure if any of those I mentioned would be in line to play key back anyway, looks like Taz gets a reprieve if Reid is out

But bring in Wood, Ugle, Seedsman for Dawes, Thomas and Didak

Lets face it, no one could have done worse than Thomas and Didak tonight, even Yagmoor has shown more this year
mosig 

thats it.... hopefully the rest of the competition took something from Geelong losing. It sounds like an obvious statement but they pulled so many victories out of their ar$e last year that it really strengthened their stench of invincibility.

This was the perfect game to unravel their belief.
Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 pm

I think Didak and Thomas did ok.

They need a few games to get back in the swing of things.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 pm

The upside, if Daisy, Dawes and Thomas do find form, we'll be close to unstoppable.

Goldy is a massive bonus up forward.

Swanny can have either or both of my hammies. Never been strained. AS NEW.

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 pm

Great mental strength from the pies under the pump in that last qtr... unlike some game comments from some weak as piss supporters.

Reid was looking very good b4 he went down - he just seemed to grow in confidence and dominated. Hopefully Taz is ready to go for next week. Swan will be also be out for a few weeks- but I would think it would easier to cover for Swan for a little while compared with Reid.

Was really good to see Dids playing well before he was benched. His delivery was quality in a pretty scrappy game.

And it is time to stop calling Beams, Wellers and Sidey tier 2 players - they are guns!

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Might be 3 weeks for both Reid and Swanny so won't see then until after the bye. Even if we put a line through the Adelaide game with Suns and Melbourne to come we will be 8-3 at the break. Everybody will be back by the West Coast game baring the ACL boys. If we get lucky with injuries in the 2nd half of the year we will be well placed to have a decent crack.

5 in a row playing OK footy, will take that any day of the week.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 am

eddiesmith wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Yes I do want Jolly at full forward although he killed it in the ruck tonight, not sure if any of those I mentioned would be in line to play key back anyway, looks like Taz gets a reprieve if Reid is out

Lets face it, no one could have done worse than Thomas and Didak tonight, even Yagmoor has shown more this year

Okay, judging from this post, you like losing more than winning. Fair enough Wink.

sandy 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 am

It was a gutsy win in that last quarter when we had two players down. Very disappointing we have more injuries, something has to go our way on the injury front soon. We are going to miss Swannie and Reid over the next 4 weeks. Reid's injury is a big concern, his quad is becoming a major problem.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:01 am

yin-YANG wrote:
Great mental strength from the pies under the pump in that last qtr... unlike some game comments from some weak as piss supporters.

Reid was looking very good b4 he went down - he just seemed to grow in confidence and dominated. Hopefully Taz is ready to go for next week. Swan will be also be out for a few weeks- but I would think it would easier to cover for Swan for a little while compared with Reid.

Was really good to see Dids playing well before he was benched. His delivery was quality in a pretty scrappy game.

And it is time to stop calling Beams, Wellers and Sidey tier 2 players - they are guns!

Yes, Wellers looks classier every week. If only he could produce his best across a whole game rather than in brilliant flashes. Joffa once said that he reminded him of Johnny Greening, and I see a bit of what he meant - except Greening did it for hours, and was better in the air... and was John Greening.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:02 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Okay, judging from this post, you like losing more than winning. Fair enough Wink.

Not really

Dont see how we win more games with show ponies running around who dont contribute, but hey if you want to remember them for what they used to play like and think they are contributing these days then live in your dream world Wink
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:03 am

I thought that both sides played a very similar style of football shoeing a shift in both sides style from last year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17   

Jump to: