Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My two bob - better late than never

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 1999 3:04 am
Post subject: My two bob - better late than neverReply with quote

Sorry I'm late, but my network has been down all week, and I have been champing at the bit to have my say after last weekends disappointment. I felt the first mistake was made at the selection table. The selectors obviously decided that we looked top heavy so they dropped Shauble after Shaw only gave him 5 minutes on the ground against Carlton. They could not drop Richo, as his form was OK, so they decided to play him out of position instead. How many games has he played at CHB? No wonder he looked out of sorts. Pebbles was great at CHF in the first quarter but why was he there in the first place? He must be allowed to settle at CHB. I reckon they were probably gunna use him on Gherig, until he pulled out.

In regard to the great 'Monky' debate. I thought it was his best game for the year BUT he does not take contested marks, the ones that count. He is good at filling the hole (except when he decides to sheperd an opposition goal through)but he must be more accountable in the packs and the one on ones.

In regard to Gavin Brown, there is no doubt he is the biggest goer in the club, BUT he should not be playing CHF. He cannot kick over a jam tin and would be better suited in the pocket, where his strong ground work will help to keep it in the forward line. As long as he stops dragging the ball in under him.

Jason Wild was Ok again on Sunday, the way our skill level is at present he deserves his spot. Being in the cosy confines of Vic Park, we were close enough to get a good look at the skills (or lack thereof)and some of our turnovers were shocking.

Other observations from nearby the VB can launch site:

The reason we were great in the first qtr was that King and Orchard took away everything from the centre. As soon as they needed a rest and changed off the ball, things went downhill. Speaking of rest, the players looked tired early in the game on Sunday.

Davis and Wasley are improving every week, both have a fair bit of polish about their game and are carrying the load of a lot of others at present, ie: Paul Williams.

Two final points: Give Tape a game and make sure Crow doesn't get another game.

------------------
Damien
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: