Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 2 - some player appraisals

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 1999 2:42 am
Post subject: Round 2 - some player appraisalsReply with quote

As nobody has posted a match report from Monday's debacle, I can only gather you good people are still feeling disgusted with the result. I was feeling great at about the 10 minute mark of the second quarter. Rod and I even started joking about how well we played as soon as Bucks left the ground, just like our two wins during his absence last year. At half time, we were not feeling as good, but were right in the game. The second half does not warrant comment, except to say that it is becoming harder to stay enthusiastic, even after only two matches.
Some observations:
Anthony Rocca - 'Pebbles' was great, a little loose at times, but read the ball coming into their forward line very well.
Nick Davis - sensational effort for a second game, he put himself where the ball was all day and did something with it when he got it.
Paul Williams - Servicable, but needs to deliver more, for a guy of his talent.
Scott Crow - Like last week he was pathetic, I would not play him again this season, he is soft and White, his direct opponent, carved us up in the 3rd quarter.
Scott Burns - Even though the papers didn't have him in the best he was rock solid as usual.
Gavin Brown - Even though the papers had him in the best, he is of no value to us at CHF, he cannot kick a goal from outside 50m so why have him playing across there. The guy has been an absolute champion of our club, but the game has passed him by. It is no good diving on the ball anymore, you just get pinged by the umps. If Shaw must play him in the forward line, leave him in the pocket.
Ricky Olarenshaw - Hurt his back I hear, no great loss.
James Wasley - Has genuine pace, don't worry about that. Improved on last week. Some of the set plays when kicking out from full back worked very well.
Sav Rocca - was pretty useful for most of the day, as his fitness improves, so will he.
Tyson Lane - still not impressed, he and Shane Watson will compete for the same spot throughout the year I reckon, he will need to do something next week, or I'd have 'Skunk' back in the side.

One final question - Who was playing on Craig Bradley?

Lets hope the boys can be inspired by Victoria Park this week....... if we get to stay there.

------------------
Damien
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: