Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is there anybody out there !!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 1999 4:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most others settled down in front of the box at 5:30pm with first Bourbon & Coke in hand for the day, only to find that it was quarter time. Channel 7 had failed to mention this in its promo's. It was a shame that we lost after a 24 ponit lead at half time but there were some positives to come out of the game. I was very impressed with Wasley and I thought Gardiner showed glimpses that he has a touch of class. Pebbles was very impressive at Fullback on the big fella and exploited Pluggers lack of pace. It is about time that Shawy put him in the back line. Maybe black & white guernseys have some effect on Tyson Lane, cos he was amongst 'em. I think he will be one of these guys who gets three kicks a game for three goals. Freeborn looked very rusty, needed the hitout. Bucks was his usual self and Willo showed no signs of an injury. Burnsy was injured early and went off (I think) after the sixth bourbon & coke it became a bit hazy. Overall it looks like we will improve, but then again so will all the other clubs. If nothing else, it was good to get a footy fix again...Go Pies!!!!

------------------
Damien
Mick 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 1999 4:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucks & Willo - head and shoulders above in class.
A Rocca - serviceable job on Plugger but lets wait till he can string 6 very good games together before getting excited - Plugger wasn't going that hard.
Lockyer looked a prospect.
Freeborn adds some polish and seniority.
Lane will be a find - a natural forward.
Wasley - can't see what the excitement is about - his man O'Laughlin was the difference (bad coaching on Shaw's part).
King - not strong enough - can get it but if he was ever good enough to get tagged it would be the end.
Gardiner - took a couple of marks - didn't do much.
Tape is solid.
McDonald took a one-hander just to remind me that it's only Feb.
Crow was solid - needs to take his game from 10-15 possies to 15-25 to take pressure off Buckley & Willo.
Betheras got it a bit but did look slow at times.
Crossisca - shocker but will get better.
Burns - injured
Kinnear - ok without doing much - has a bit of potential.
Smith - didn't set the world on fire but wasn't as big a spaz as last year (maybe it's the haircut !).
Richo - poor one but I like him and a good year from him will help the team enormously.

Overall - still a lack of depth but heartening to see some younger enthusiastic players coming through.

Backline could get their act together - if we could afford to leave Buckley, Willo, Tape, Michael, A Rocca & Schauble there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: