Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Knights of Abbotsford

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

1970 wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
It it more a question of if you can move on and review your approach. My opinions have not changed and I have observed nothing to stimulate change in this area.

I can only interpret your last statement to assume that the support of other committed members is not part of your agenda.

No interpretation required. I said it as plainly as is possible. I have given you big props for identifying yourself in the past. Cos it's a hell of a lot more than many others have done. But it only goes so far. I really don't care about your opinion. So we won't be changing our approach in order to appease you. Why? Because whether you support us or not has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. You and all your mates just don't seem to get that. You are more irrelevant than the KOA. And that must really bother you at some level or you wouldn't be here repeating yourself ad infinitum.

Delusional as normal. You just don't get it do you. The voting members of this club have the final say and at this point in time the vast majority endorse the current administration. What the KOA think and do is irrelevant.

You discount our commitment and the ability to effect change in this club if required. We are not complacent as you have inferred in the past - just satisfied with the current status Que.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:46 pm

die4pies wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
Sorry, you don't get to frame critique as anger when all I've done is highlight overreach. Take that sort of tactic elsewhere.

Sorry? Don't be.

When you come across as bitter and angry then your 'critique' or whatever you want to call it goes mostly unnoticed.

You almost sound jealous now, like this is something you always wanted to do, but couldn't drag yourself away from your computer to do it.

Overreach? You make the cliam, and I quote "that the KOA has played an important role in things". Sorry, we never made that cliam. Perhaps try reading what we wrote and hold off on that angry button before you start typing.

Using the big words and the ability to read are not one in the same.

LOL - you got the angry claim wrong the first time so you doubled down on it the second time. Nice tactic, but still wrong.

The other interesting tactic is avoiding quoting the critique when dealing with the post. Good try. Here it is again:

pietillidie wrote:
Not only do you make the Machiavellian assumption that good decisions cannot be made by the other party for their own sake ("we need to improve this, let's do x and y"), thereby insulting the other party, you use empty conjecture such as "could possibly have" as a hedge against being held accountable for your real claim, namely that the KOA has played an important role in things.

The hypocrisy here is going on about others being "media savvy", yet assiduously avoiding plain language yourself.

There's no anger there, just critique which you haven't responded to. That's fine, but you're still defining yourselves in opposition. That's where we part ways.

I'd hope I would be involved if I actually lived in the same country, though there's no guarantee of that, and in fact I have no issue with your efforts; doers should always be supported in my view. My issue is and always has been with your positioning and some of the associated argumentation.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
The voting members of this club have the final say and at this point in time the vast majority endorse the current administration.

You don't know that for sure, and you can't necessarily prove it either. There hasn't been an election for years. Of course, it has never been the issue from our perspective either, but don't let that get in the way of your obtuse, deranged and fundamentally retarded reasoning! Enough said. The last word is all yours. Don't forget to let Shane know how much you love his work!

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:34 pm
Post subject: NoReply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
1970 wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
It it more a question of if you can move on and review your approach. My opinions have not changed and I have observed nothing to stimulate change in this area.

I can only interpret your last statement to assume that the support of other committed members is not part of your agenda.

No interpretation required. I said it as plainly as is possible. I have given you big props for identifying yourself in the past. Cos it's a hell of a lot more than many others have done. But it only goes so far. I really don't care about your opinion. So we won't be changing our approach in order to appease you. Why? Because whether you support us or not has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. You and all your mates just don't seem to get that. You are more irrelevant than the KOA. And that must really bother you at some level or you wouldn't be here repeating yourself ad infinitum.

Delusional as normal. You just don't get it do you. The voting members of this club have the final say and at this point in time the vast majority endorse the current administration. What the KOA think and do is irrelevant.

You discount our commitment and the ability to effect change in this club if required. We are not complacent as you have inferred in the past - just satisfied with the current status Que.

How can you possibly say that "We" and claim in the same sentence that there is some sort of implied satisfaction with the McGuire Board. This guy runs the Club and like all good Labor people hates the people having a real say with elections that could reasonably affect a true change. The Board elections he ensured are staggered to minimise the chances of his Board being tossed out. He knows exactly what he is doing at Collingwood. The ALP would also get rid of elections if it meant they could stay in power.

But every dog has its day. And I predict McGuire will ultimately be booted out. But you have no right to suggest that the majority want him or his Board. You simply don't know.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Anyway, let me also say enough arguing from me because I guess it's the wrong forum and it's just wasting your time. It's very true that the people doing things on the ground ought to get the benefit of the doubt, so I will shut up accordingly Wink
Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:00 pm

My understanding is that anyone that is in business or public life needs to work hard to keep their reputation intact. It does't take much to lose ones reputation and the KOA are at times back-pedalling to maintain rather than build.

Last edited by Dragme on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Jezza wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
On dear, do you realise what you've done?? Shocked Shocked

What have I done? Embarassed

This is all your fault.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Nash Rising wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Nash Rising wrote:
die4pies wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The thing about the KOA is that in different times with a very different club administration the KOA or a group like them could be embraced by the majority of committed supporters including myself. IMO they have erred in their approach to Eddy and their behaviour at AGM's. Other aspects of their activities are to be applauded.

In different times with a not-so-media-savvy club administration, a less docile membership and the loss of $20m on a failed investment would have seen an administration out on their ears.

In many ways, pressure from within the Club has righted the ship and put us back on course. This could possibly have saved this administration.

I like words.

Once again you endeavour to deflect the KoA's ineptness and puerility by suggesting it is in part due to "docile membership".

Ironically, the word (I think) is ineptitude. I've never heard of "puerility".

Nevertheless, Carry on Laughing Laughing

I like the structure of words and how they can be used to describe dullards

Ineptness noun - unskillfulness resulting from a lack of training

puerility noun - the state of a child between infancy and adolescence

dullard noun - a dull or stupid person

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

"Puerility" while a word is not acceptable in The Scrabble dictionary (go figure) despite the latin origins. No too many definitions though in the link per se but some.

And I thought you were a silly bunt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz2LaJOVAiA&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:20 pm

The world is full of lobby groups, interest groups, people who have barrows to push and are happy to spend inordinate amounts of time to get their thoughts through to the power brokers.

We should consider ourselves lucky that this particular group is so passionate about the club and some of the people involved have actually achieved some things to the benefit of the club rather than being intent on tearing things down.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Why not run a poll and see what percentage of forum members want to be represented by the KOA?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:26 pm

Jolly Good wrote:
Why not run a poll and see what percentage of forum members want to be represented by the KOA?

As was said earlier, no one has to be represented by the KoA unless they choose to. They're all welcome to make their own submissions to the club about anything that winds them up.

Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The world is full of lobby groups, interest groups, people who have barrows to push and are happy to spend inordinate amounts of time to get their thoughts through to the power brokers.

We should consider ourselves lucky that this particular group is so passionate about the club and some of the people involved have actually achieved some things to the benefit of the club rather than being intent on tearing things down.

Perception Stui...You may see them as you do.

I may see them as intending to tear the club down because Lil Wayne is a misogynist.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:31 pm
Post subject: YepReply with quote

Dragme wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

I may see them as intending to tear the club down because Lil Wayne is a misogynist.

The KoA have my full support. They have the Club at heart and from what I see present the best chance yet we have of replacing this Board in the future. Victoria Park we shall return!

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
On dear, do you realise what you've done?? Shocked Shocked

What have I done? Embarassed

This is all your fault.

he knows not what he does.

Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:43 pm
Post subject: Re: YepReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Dragme wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

The KoA have my full support. They have the Club at heart and from what I see present the best chance yet we have of replacing this Board in the future. Victoria Park we shall return!

Thats great Hissssssss.
I couldn't sleep at night without knowing you were on board.

The KOA certainly need you as their chief KOD (Kiss Of Death)....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: