Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Knights of Abbotsford

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

1970 wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The thing about the KOA is that in different times with a very different club administration the KOA or a group like them could be embraced by the majority of committed supporters including myself. IMO they have erred in their approach to Eddy and their behaviour at AGM's. Other aspects of their activities are to be applauded.

Gee Phil, you do go on and on about what happened at the AGM's. As previously stated Jack Kennedy wants us to continue the good work on that front and he is on the current board! Even Eddie has been happy put that in the past and move forward, listen to our concerns, embrace some of our initiatives, question others, and admit where he might have erred in the past. The fact is the majority of supporters (not sure what a 'committed supporter' actually is TBH, other than those who have may or may not have been 'committed' in the mental health parlance!) will never have any interest in what we are on about. Words and phrases like transparency, accountability, corporate governance, democratic process etc are just not sexy enough to gain any sort of popular support with members of a football club. Or citizens of this particular sovereign nation for that matter. And that is fine by me. As soon as anything I have helped create gains any level of popular support I think I'd be inclined to take a long final drive to the top of the Westgate with a very big ladder!

It it more a question of if you can move on and review your approach. My opinions have not changed and I have observed nothing to stimulate change in this area.

I can only interpret your last statement to assume that the support of other committed members is not part of your agenda. In reality this will severely effect any potential influence you think you may achieve. I would delay any plans for a Westgate farewell for now.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:01 pm

die4pies wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The thing about the KOA is that in different times with a very different club administration the KOA or a group like them could be embraced by the majority of committed supporters including myself. IMO they have erred in their approach to Eddy and their behaviour at AGM's. Other aspects of their activities are to be applauded.

In different times with a not-so-media-savvy club administration, a less docile membership and the loss of $20m on a failed investment would have seen an administration out on their ears.

In many ways, pressure from within the Club has righted the ship and put us back on course. This could possibly have saved this administration.

Oh gawd, this is where you slip into delusion territory and start re-writing history. People rate Ed being media savvy because like it or not they know that's half of the AFL game, and they assessed the losses within the progression of the whole. The loudest whingers have always been - even through the hard times - a narrow set of big mouths upset by a changing world and the need to delay gratification.

The hiring of Gary Pert was plainly the major organisational change which righted the managerial ship, while resisting pressure and backing in MM over the long haul was the mainstay of our present success. Claims beyond that are nonsense, especially when the "pressure" being applied over the period by the young and the restless was overwhelmingly irrational.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Nash Rising wrote:
die4pies wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

In different times with a not-so-media-savvy club administration, a less docile membership and the loss of $20m on a failed investment would have seen an administration out on their ears.

In many ways, pressure from within the Club has righted the ship and put us back on course. This could possibly have saved this administration.

Once again you endeavour to deflect the KoA's ineptness and puerility by suggesting it is in part due to "docile membership".

Ironically, the word (I think) is ineptitude. I've never heard of "puerility".

Nevertheless, Carry on Laughing Laughing

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:27 pm

pietillidie wrote:
The hiring of Gary Pert was plainly the major organisational change which righted the managerial ship, while resisting pressure and backing in MM over the long haul was the mainstay of our present success. Claims beyond that are nonsense, especially when the "pressure" being applied over the period by the young and the restless was overwhelmingly irrational.

Nobody is doubting that pietillidie and nobody is rewriting history. From the outside these things do come down to a matter of opinion and are based on one's perspective. In saying that, I agree with what you said.

Be careful to read things carefully before you press the angry button. "Pressure within the Club" refers to all sorts of influences from a variety of individuals and groups, of which the KoA is one. You are entitled to think whatever you want and if you want to think that we (KoA) didn't play even a small part in this then that is your choice.

Gary Pert signed off on the pubs deals in his capacity as a board member. When he became CEO it was a mission of his to stop the bleeding and then maximise value for members (nee Shareholders), which is all you can ask of a CEO facing the worst financial disaster in AFL history. It could have been much, much worse. The losses could easily have exceeded $20m and the banks could have back away on the bank bills leaving us with massive refinancing costs on assets that were worth less than 20% what we paid for them and in a seperate issue VCAT could have effectively disolved the board in its entirity in 2009. Gary, with Dale Curtis, achieved everything they set out to do and more and we are all the benficiaries of that. It is amazing that in accounting terms we actually made a profit on the sale of the Beach Hotel as well. As far as the DCT is concerned it is debt free and will become a valuable asset to the Club going forward.

I, personally, with others had our doubts as the books looked terrible from 2006 to 2010 and the Club preferred to spin out the old 'trust us' line, which given how we got into that situation did not cut the mustard I am affriad. But now we are finally in the strongest financial position this football club has ever been in and heading into an era with the most bold and ambitious plans of any Club in Australia that make Jack Hickey's 1982 vision and Big Al's Maggieland look like the kids play ground out the back of The G.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 pm
Post subject: HmmmmmmReply with quote

die4pies wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Nobody is doubting that pietillidie and nobody is rewriting history. From the outside these things do come down to a matter of opinion and are based on one's perspective. In saying that, I agree with what you said.

Be careful to read things carefully before you press the angry button. "Pressure within the Club" refers to all sorts of influences from a variety of individuals and groups, of which the KoA is one. You are entitled to think whatever you want and if you want to think that we (KoA) didn't play even a small part in this then that is your choice.

Gary Pert signed off on the pubs deals in his capacity as a board member. When he became CEO it was a mission of his to stop the bleeding and then maximise value for members (nee Shareholders), which is all you can ask of a CEO facing the worst financial disaster in AFL history. It could have been much, much worse. The losses could easily have exceeded $20m and the banks could have back away on the bank bills leaving us with massive refinancing costs on assets that were worth less than 20% what we paid for them and in a seperate issue VCAT could have effectively disolved the board in its entirity in 2009. Gary, with Dale Curtis, achieved everything they set out to do and more and we are all the benficiaries of that. It is amazing that in accounting terms we actually made a profit on the sale of the Beach Hotel as well. As far as the DCT is concerned it is debt free and will become a valuable asset to the Club going forward.

I, personally, with others had our doubts as the books looked terrible from 2006 to 2010 and the Club preferred to spin out the old 'trust us' line, which given how we got into that situation did not cut the mustard I am affriad. But now we are finally in the strongest financial position this football club has ever been in and heading into an era with the most bold and ambitious plans of any Club in Australia that make Jack Hickey's 1982 vision and Big Al's Maggieland look like the kids play ground out the back of The G.

Problem with this rationale is the fact that the 'spin' you refer to between 2006-10 was used with conviction and we were effectively misled. I am concerned that the we maybe witnessing a similar situation now. You are really unsure what to believe with this mob. I just look at their past form and make the safest assumption that whatever they tell me I take with a grain of salt. In other words I find it hard to believe in whatever they say just in case we find out down the track it was the same glossy spin used on us between 2006-10. Give me a reason to believe otherwise. It is a shame with these media/marketing/spin types that you are always left with the impression they hide bad news and spin crap and over sell everything for income purposes. Marketing 101. Politicians do it all the time just like big business and the mass commercial media.

Nash Rising 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:07 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Nash Rising wrote:
die4pies wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

I like words.

Once again you endeavour to deflect the KoA's ineptness and puerility by suggesting it is in part due to "docile membership".

Ironically, the word (I think) is ineptitude. I've never heard of "puerility".

Nevertheless, Carry on Laughing Laughing

I like the structure of words and how they can be used to describe dullards

Ineptness noun - unskillfulness resulting from a lack of training

puerility noun - the state of a child between infancy and adolescence

dullard noun - a dull or stupid person

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:12 pm

die4pies wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Sorry, you don't get to frame critique as anger when all I've done is highlight overreach. Take that sort of tactic elsewhere.

Returning to your claim:

die4pies wrote:

Not only do you make the Machiavellian assumption that good decisions cannot be made by the other party for their own sake ("we need to improve this, let's do x and y"), thereby insulting the other party, you use empty conjecture such as "could possibly have" as a hedge against being held accountable for your real claim, namely that the KOA has played an important role in things.

The hypocrisy here is going on about others being "media savvy", yet assiduously avoiding plain language yourself.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:26 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
think positive wrote:
My rotten silly aunt?

Lol like that!

MRSA is a drug resistant hospital acquired super bug. Ive had it since 2009 when i was in hospital last. Didn't now I had it until about six weeks ago when they finally tested for it. It explains a lot as to why I've been almost continually sick with bacterial infections since 2009. At the moment its right through my chest which is a bitch. Got special drugs for it now but its going to take some time to get it rid of it, God willing.

Im off now - gotta rest again. Good night! Smile

eww nasty, hope you get better soon now they know what it is

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:48 pm

pietillidie wrote:
Sorry, you don't get to frame critique as anger when all I've done is highlight overreach. Take that sort of tactic elsewhere.

Sorry? Don't be.

When you come across as bitter and angry then your 'critique' or whatever you want to call it goes mostly unnoticed.

You almost sound jealous now, like this is something you always wanted to do, but couldn't drag yourself away from your computer to do it.

Overreach? You make the cliam, and I quote "that the KOA has played an important role in things". Sorry, we never made that cliam. Perhaps try reading what we wrote and hold off on that angry button before you start typing.

Using the big words and the ability to read are not one in the same.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Long live the Judean Peoples Front! Wink
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:55 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Splitter!!!

Long live the People's Front of Judea!!!!

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Doc63 wrote:
On dear, do you realise what you've done?? Shocked Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Knights.jpg

The Knights in full regalia.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
It it more a question of if you can move on and review your approach. My opinions have not changed and I have observed nothing to stimulate change in this area.

I can only interpret your last statement to assume that the support of other committed members is not part of your agenda.

No interpretation required. I said it as plainly as is possible. I have given you big props for identifying yourself in the past. Cos it's a hell of a lot more than many others have done. But it only goes so far. I really don't care about your opinion. So we won't be changing our approach in order to appease you. Why? Because whether you support us or not has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome. You and all your mates just don't seem to get that. You are more irrelevant than the KOA. And that must really bother you at some level or you wouldn't be here repeating yourself ad infinitum.

Nash Rising 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

What have the Romans ever done for us?

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:25 pm

jack_spain wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
On dear, do you realise what you've done?? Shocked Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was at that TISM gig!*

* See Jack Spain's jpeg above

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9   

Jump to: