Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Knights of Abbotsford

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

4pies wrote:
John Wren wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
The Prototype wrote:
PM die4pies or 1970 might get a better answer without it being hijacked. Smile

Or, if you get to a VFL game, wander over and have a chat to Shane. He's not hard to find, usually attached to a bloody big camera, Doesn't bite and will be more than happy to fill you in.

Call them a lobby group or an interest group, composed of extremely passionate Collingwood fans who only want the best for the club.

failing that head down to the convent near the children' s farm, knock on the door, spin around anticlockwise three times while saying "hail eddie" and someone in a black hood mind give you the code. or not. are you a true believer?

i thought it was jump up and down 3 times on your left leg whilst saying "hail eddie"

You must bring us......a club shrubbery!

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:22 am

Is there anywhere I can download an application to? www.koa.com?

I want to join. I have seen the light and it flashes KOA.

If only I could get my avatar privlidges back, I would proudly dispay my logo.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:45 am

Well now, what eddie unveiled does sound pretty damn good, getting the people involved in the "peoples" club, expanding our Westpac site, fair bit of dough from Julia, making the club more people friendly. Yes, sounds all good to me, and maybe a new era now dawns for eddie and the KOA, working in tandem for a Woods juggernaut and dominance. !

NOW, sign Cloke and everything is done and dusted. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:09 am

Last edited by die4pies on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:09 am

The thing about the KOA is that in different times with a very different club administration the KOA or a group like them could be embraced by the majority of committed supporters including myself. IMO they have erred in their approach to Eddy and their behaviour at AGM's. Other aspects of their activities are to be applauded.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:32 am

Member 7167 wrote:
The thing about the KOA is that in different times with a very different club administration the KOA or a group like them could be embraced by the majority of committed supporters including myself. IMO they have erred in their approach to Eddy and their behaviour at AGM's. Other aspects of their activities are to be applauded.

In different times with a not-so-media-savvy club administration, a less docile membership and the loss of $20m on a failed investment would have seen an administration out on their ears.

In many ways, pressure from within the Club has righted the ship and put us back on course. This could possibly have saved this administration.

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:19 pm

Administrations exist on the whim of the day and the almighty dollar. Passionate supporters exist for their entire lives. The lifeblood of our club is us, not Eddie, The Board or Bucks. They are mere custodians, it is up to us to make sure that the right thing is done, and fight for it.
Nash Rising 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:04 pm

die4pies wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

In different times with a not-so-media-savvy club administration, a less docile membership and the loss of $20m on a failed investment would have seen an administration out on their ears.

In many ways, pressure from within the Club has righted the ship and put us back on course. This could possibly have saved this administration.

Once again you endeavour to deflect the KoA's ineptness and puerility by suggesting it is in part due to "docile membership".
My hope is that one day the KoA will begin to look inwardly for the reasons why most members, supporters and the public treat you as nothing more than comedic relief.
Benno Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Nash Rising wrote:
die4pies wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Once again you endeavour to deflect the KoA's ineptness and puerility by suggesting it is in part due to "docile membership".
My hope is that one day the KoA will begin to look inwardly for the reasons why most members, supporters and the public treat you as nothing more than comedic relief.

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Just out of curiosity - how many members of the KoA have run a big business before, or been involved in the running of one? Curious, as I would like to know what makes you think you know better than the current admin? Or anyone else for that matter.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:12 pm

^ Well, one can try and not lose around $20 million on failed investments, that would help for starters. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:13 pm

the ru is on fire wrote:
Administrations exist on the whim of the day and the almighty dollar. Passionate supporters exist for their entire lives. The lifeblood of our club is us, not Eddie, The Board or Bucks. They are mere custodians, it is up to us to make sure that the right thing is done, and fight for it.

correct weight. keep the bastards honest.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

Gee Phil, you do go on and on about what happened at the AGM's. As previously stated Jack Kennedy wants us to continue the good work on that front and he is on the current board! Even Eddie has been happy put that in the past and move forward, listen to our concerns, embrace some of our initiatives, question others, and admit where he might have erred in the past. The fact is the majority of supporters (not sure what a 'committed supporter' actually is TBH, other than those who have may or may not have been 'committed' in the mental health parlance!) will never have any interest in what we are on about. Words and phrases like transparency, accountability, corporate governance, democratic process etc are just not sexy enough to gain any sort of popular support with members of a football club. Or citizens of this particular sovereign nation for that matter. And that is fine by me. As soon as anything I have helped create gains any level of popular support I think I'd be inclined to take a long final drive to the top of the Westgate with a very big ladder!

Nash Rising 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:49 pm

1970 wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Gee Phil, you do go on and on about what happened at the AGM's. As previously stated Jack Kennedy wants us to continue the good work on that front and he is on the current board! Even Eddie has been happy put that in the past and move forward, listen to our concerns, embrace some of our initiatives, question others, and admit where he might have erred in the past. The fact is the majority of supporters (not sure what a 'committed supporter' actually is TBH, other than those who have may or may not have been 'committed' in the mental health parlance!) will never have any interest in what we are on about. Words and phrases like transparency, accountability, corporate governance, democratic process etc are just not sexy enough to gain any sort of popular support with members of a football club. Or citizens of this particular sovereign nation for that matter. And that is fine by me. As soon as anything I have helped create gains any level of popular support I think I'd be inclined to take a long final drive to the top of the Westgate with a very big ladder!

What a load of codswallop, if there were genuine issues regarding transparency, accountability, corporate governance, democratic process the membership would be up in arms about it as they have been with previous administrations. Again you deflect from the real issues by trying to turn your lack of support into the popularity of some "words and phrases'. Trite in the extreme.

An ex premier of Queensland often used the phrase "feeding the chooks" you and your ilk have fallen for it totally. Eddie plays you on a break and 'feeds the chooks' with minor snippets of unimportant information just to feed your ego's so as to keep you pissing out of the tent instead of into it.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Nash Rising wrote:
An ex premier of Queensland often used the phrase "feeding the chooks" you and your ilk have fallen for it totally. Eddie plays you on a break and 'feeds the chooks' with minor snippets of unimportant information just to feed your ego's so as to keep you pissing out of the tent instead of into it.

Oh dear. There is day of reckoning on the not-too-distant horizon, and on that day you will not stand up to be counted. Of that I am certain. Your lack of insight is breathtaking. But then you don't actually know anything do you?

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:34 pm

1970 wrote:
Nash Rising wrote:

Oh dear. There is day of reckoning on the not-too-distant horizon, and on that day you will not stand up to be counted. Of that I am certain. Your lack of insight is breathtaking. But then you don't actually know anything do you?

An extroadinary amount of bitterness from Nash Rising that is quite frankly beyond belief. We must remember Kieran that appeared Ed originally thought that we were just the same as those like Nash Rising. That is, perenial whingers that have nothing constructive to offer.

We have changed Ed's view (and the views of many on the journey) but we must accept that going forward there will be those that just love to whinge. Thankfully they are very few in number, but they all have computers and they all congregate around forums like moths to a flame.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: