Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Knights of Abbotsford

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I am not a member of the KoA, nor have I ever been to a meeting of theirs.

However, I think they should be encouraged for the passion they have for Collingwood. I don't agree with everything they post, but I think it's great that a bunch of keen Magpies are interested enough to work together on various issues and lobby the club where they think it's necessary to do so.

Keep up the good work.

Nathan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:43 pm

I don't have any doubts about the individuals acting in what they perceive to be best intentions, and they have a long associatons with the Club and Good deeds, but there are a few bits that don't add up I'm afraid. And a change of heart is fine but anyway its seems to me there are a few contradictions that are worth mentioning:

1. The club said trust us on the pubs - KOA doubted the books back then - now everything is fine and we made a profit on those sales - so who had the poorer judgement there?

2. The KOA talks about deomocratic principles and accountability, but you don't have an issue with not having an election in 10 years. Instead you prefer a corporatist approach whereby you speak for at least part of the members\ supporters. Thats not really democratic. its just an easy way for the club to round up the dissenters.

3. The flip flopping on Eddie is somewhat breathtaking. (BTW i have no issue with Eddie, I think he has done a great job, but I also think it doesn't hurt for him to face a test once in a while and to make him account for his actions.)

He sees fit to explain his mistakes tot he KOA but not the members? nah. sorry, my membership is worth the same as yours and i deserve equal respect.

Thats not to have a go at anyone in particular , but this group was announced in a blaze of glory and it seems to be been subsumed by celebrity and the promise of lip service.

Beig told of the redevelopment announcement then parading it on here as a secret smacks of hypocrispy when you have demanded transparency and accountability previously. If its good enough for you to know prior to the official announcement why not the rest of us members?

Anyway, Shane who i know does great work so I don't want to disparage them too much but it does seem somewhat like the original ideas of the group have either been left behind or no longer relevant.

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:57 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
For the record, I am not a member of the KoA, nor have I ever been to a meeting of theirs.

However, I think they should be encouraged for the passion they have for Collingwood. I don't agree with everything they post, but I think it's great that a bunch of keen Magpies are interested enough to work together on various issues and lobby the club where they think it's necessary to do so.

Keep up the good work.

That principle is fine, however the KOA i've witnessed on these boards since I've been a member doesn't seem to gel with that ideal.

These are my observations from my time here. For the most part the KOA seems to represent a group of people who are in opposition of the current board and Eddie in particular. Their major aims seem to revolve around the maintenance of Vic Park and the creation of a social club in the vicinity of Vic Park.

Now I can't claim to know that for sure because, frankly, no KOA member seems overly keen to state their aims. There are invitations of info via PM but seriously, why not just compose a post that says exactly what the KOA is, what it represents and what it's aims are?

Sticky the frikken' thing on the front page!

Of course the one thing we do have is the constant referral to 'seeking transparency' from the club - but that's a little farcical coming from a group that has a slippery agenda, only offers info via PM and which refuses to even say how many members they have.

However they seem utterly oblivious to this hypocrisy.

I also note the extreme hubris on display by the KOA in this thread, it seems that little pow-wow with Ed has really let the dog off the leash!

My personal distaste with the 'Eddie wanted me to tell you this' thread is due to the fact that the announcement thread comes after a long string of veiled and not so veiled attacks on Eddie. The attacks range from the hotels and Lil' Wayne to moving to the Westpac centre and his personal etiquette. A lot of it has been particularly snide.

Then suddenly the KOA front here, not as the Club's, but as Ed's messengers to the members of Nick's and they do it without a hint of irony.

Amazing. And hilarious!

I have to say that the announcement thread was gloriously in keeping with the big talking KOA - after all, although the KOA started the thread about the announcement, the actual information came from other sources!

Not a big surprise really. Smile
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:44 pm
Post subject: HmmmmmmReply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
1970 wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
The voting members of this club have the final say and at this point in time the vast majority endorse the current administration.

You don't know that for sure, and you can't necessarily prove it either. There hasn't been an election for years. Of course, it has never been the issue from our perspective either, but don't let that get in the way of your obtuse, deranged and fundamentally retarded reasoning! Enough said. The last word is all yours. Don't forget to let Shane know how much you love his work!

You really need to get a grip of your emotions. My initial statement was that I disagreed with some aspects of the KOA's past conduct and also recognised the need at times for groups of this nature and also recognised that members of the group had achieved some positive outcomes for the clubs and its supporters. Last time I looked other passionate Pies supporters have the right to have an opinion that differs to your own. From my initial statement we end up with your comments as detailed above.

Having Hiss endorse your brand says it all. Good luck with that.

Well internet hero, even though you are a total waste of oxygen on this planet, I have not questioned your right to be conceived. Don't get me started on the cowards of Nicks.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:08 pm

Hiss, you are a nasty little troll aren't you.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Member 7167 wrote:

well, at least i know you exist as I've met you......has anyone actually met Hiss or Jack Spain?

Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

well, at least i know you exist as I've met you......has anyone actually met Hiss or Jack Spain?

I've lost track of what Hiss is meant to be. Parody? Troll? Who knows.
On the March 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Ho hum - good luck KOA. I'll be interested to see if you are still around in 12 months time and what effect, if any, you have had on the club. Then again, nah, I dont care.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:32 pm
Post subject: HeyReply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:

Why do you feel it is your role on Nicks to judge attack and spew excreter to those you disagree with. I can't help the way you were raised. Go talk to your mom about that. You would so many a favour by not responding to those you disagree with or don't like. Nicks would be a far happier place without the vermin like you who just provoke others and attack without provocation.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:24 am
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

Why do you feel it is your role on Nicks to judge attack and spew excreter to those you disagree with. I can't help the way you were raised. Go talk to your mom about that. You would so many a favour by not responding to those you disagree with or don't like. Nicks would be a far happier place without the vermin like you who just provoke others and attack without provocation.

True-blue digger who represents the man in the outer?

"mom"?

You've been outed as an American troll! You're probably one of those obnoxious 14 year-olds I've had to put up with in Call of Duty.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:47 am
Post subject: Re: HeyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:

"Go talk to your mom about that........."

ROFLMAO!! Razz Twisted Evil

Hiss you bloody trolling dickhead!!!

If brains were chocolate, you wouldnt even have enough to make up one smartie.... Very Happy Laughing
Big_Glenn_Sandford 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:45 am
Post subject: KOAReply with quote

KOA we need you now

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:53 pm

I doubt it. I'd say our time has well and truly passed.

The last thing we did was have a lengthy meeting with Ed, who asked us to pass on any concerns members might have to the board.

Keep in mind that the KOA was only ever focussed on off-field matters. There were plenty of folk who gathered around us in 2009 who wanted to get rid of Malthouse, but it was always a side issue. I wasn't fussed either way.

It was the Pratt Cup that galvanised us from what I recall. That is now part of the furniture - but I remember that Ed used the coaching succession plan to divert attention from the backlash from members about that particular decision in mid 2009.

Ed was pretty straight up about some of the conflicts of interest arguments we presented in 2011. It was a full and frank discussion and we felt we achieved our aim of bringing a degree of transparency to the process. I think he had a begrudging respect for the fact we were prepared to ask a few tough questions - in the face of threats of physical violence from some of the more excitable club members!

Who knows, if the vitriol that is on display in this thread had been dialled down a bit, and a few more members had seen the sense in providing some basic accountability, the KOA may now be in a position to challenge the status quo. But that time has passed.

Unpicking the current political structure of the CFC will be a mammoth task. And you're going to need a lot of cash. And a strong constitution. It'll get ugly I reckon.

Ed - or one of his people - will be reading all this. It's one of the best ways to get a barometer reading of how the membership is feeling. He will move on Bucks when the time is right. He's a brilliant political operator - and he has got most of you in the palm of his hand.

However, absolute power corrupts absolutely. And the hubris that comes with it can make even the best people blind to their shortcomings.

If anyone else wants to step up I am more than happy to act in an advisory capacity. PM me if you like.

But my days of risking being punched in the face for the privilege of making powerful people accountable are well and truly over!

Cheers
Kieran Butler

Jez07 

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Just on board tickets, there is a rival group forming. Very savvy business operator and a premiership player (not Kelly).
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:58 pm

1970, Could be a new theme for a comedy review:

KOA is f*cked or Collingwood is f*cked.

Then again why not:

"Collingwood, you ruined my life" - or our lives (in 2016).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: