Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WHY all the injuries?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Round & round the mulberry bush.........................
Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Big T wrote:
God it feels like 2004

Werd

i have been saying to many we as a team just don't cope well after two straight grand finals

we never bottomed out as long as teams like the saints and cats or even hawks to give us the depth to keep plugging away at the flag after two straight grand finals.

Having said that I hope bucks plays the youngsters like Ugle, Paine, Yagmoor, Keefe, Josh Thomas (whenever or if ever he gets fit for senior footy).

His message doesn't seem to be motivating the senior players unfortunately. He played with Swan, Daisy and Pendles. So far these guys don't seem to have the enthusiasm of years gone by. We will see. With any transition there are bumps in the road.

AS FOR game plan causing injuries. NO. Just bad luck. Ball did his knee doing what he always does. Going in hard for the ball. Kraks had an under prepared pre-season with personal problems and injuries tend to occur more frequently amongst those not adequately physically conditioned. Hope Kraks is back better than ever next season.

feKKo 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Well i can say there were a few patches last year where we didnt look like we gave a stuff. The melbourne games for example. We were just lucky they were against the lower teams and we come away with wins.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Knee injuries are generally bad luck.

Soft tissue injuries to older players are par for the course and we have a batch of old guys who are in that situation.

It's football. get used to it.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Big T wrote:

Soft tissue injuries to older players are par for the course and we have a batch of old guys who are in that situation.

What Big T

Blame who ever you want but this is reality

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:29 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
maxwell brown tarrant

obrien reid shaw

thomas swan wellingham

didak cloke sidebottom

fasolo dawes beams

jolly pendles blair

inter: wood johnson toovey goldsack/clarke

thats our best 22 now

That looks OK to me! If we can get them all in at once that is!

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:45 pm

I think it's true that the interchange rules have hurt us, I don't buy the idea that we 'ran out of steam' last year though.

Injuries and suspensions brought us down last year, not tiredness. Jolly, Dawes, Maxwell, Reid, Johnson, Beams - in the end we just couldn't compete at the same level we had throughout the year.

I also don't buy the idea that to be fit and firing in the finals you have to start off slowly. Tell that to Geelong of 2011, they had a year not unlike ours, however in the GF we couldn't go with them because key players were carrying injuries.

We weren't exhausted last year, we were derailed by the same injury misfortune that's dogging us now.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 pm

TimetoFly wrote:
maxwell brown tarrant

obrien reid shaw

thomas swan wellingham

didak cloke sidebottom

fasolo dawes beams

jolly pendles blair

thats our best 22 now

And if we think that's good enough to beat the present four high flyers (Geelong. Hawthorn, Carlton and West Coast) we are kidding ourselves.

Sorry, but it's the truth. Look at the skills aspect. So many of that 22 lack A-grade skills under pressure. But Didak and Jolly are probably already stuffed career-wise anyway. The injuries exposed our lack of depth, but in truth Mick's game-plan was designed to create a team that would not focus on our individual skill deficiencies. If we revert to the style Bucks has been wanting us to play so far this season we truly will be on the end of some canings from the more skilled sides.

Credit to Mick. When he said in 2009 that we didn't have the cattle he was right. He then devised a game-plan to overcome that. But since 2010 the players got ahead of themselves and thought they were better than they are.

Of course the injuries don't help, but across every line at the moment we don't stack up against the form sides.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Big T wrote:

What Big T

Not sure what you are talking about, I am not blaming anyone. It's football. It happens. There is no one to blame.

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:53 pm

jack_spain wrote:
TimetoFly wrote:
maxwell brown tarrant

obrien reid shaw

thomas swan wellingham

didak cloke sidebottom

fasolo dawes beams

jolly pendles blair

thats our best 22 now

And if we think that's good enough to beat the present four high flyers (Geelong. Hawthorn, Carlton and West Coast) we are kidding ourselves.

Sorry, but it's the truth. Look at the skills aspect. So many of that 22 lack A-grade skills under pressure. But Didak and Jolly are probably already stuffed career-wise anyway. The injuries exposed our lack of depth, but in truth Mick's game-plan was designed to create a team that would not focus on our individual skill deficiencies. If we revert to the style Bucks has been wanting us to play so far this season we truly will be on the end of some canings from the more skilled sides.

Credit to Mick. When he said in 2009 that we didn't have the cattle he was right. He then devised a game-plan to overcome that. But since 2010 the players got ahead of themselves and thought they were better than they are.

Of course the injuries don't help, but across every line at the moment we don't stack up against the form sides.

Mick also got lucky with with a top ruckman in Jolly being available and a great in and under hard ball winning midfielder in Luke Ball being available for nothing in the end.

Some coaches game plans make their coaches look like geniuses when they have the right players to execute it. You think if Sheedy executed our 2010 game plan to the letter he would win the flag this year?

Like I said transitioning coaches has bumps in the road. Bucks may or may not have the winning formula. If he doesn't there is someone in the football department who can take over if necessary but let us not give up on Bucks so soon. I think he can inspire the younger team member. The more senior members of our team need motivation. How Buckley achieves that? electro shock therapy, ring of fire, kidnapping a favourite pet... Wink

it's all up to him

Also I think Josh Thomas if he proves he is not actually made of Glass will make a significant contribution this year. Guys like Kirk Ugle may also debut.

I, at this stage can't see us challenging the top 2 or 3 teams but I look forward to Buckley developing the younger players on the list.

There is still much to look forward to.

Last edited by Newelly on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:00 pm

Big T wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Big T wrote:

What Big T

Not sure what you are talking about, I am not blaming anyone. It's football. It happens. There is no one to blame.

My original post was agreeing with you and the first sentence as "What Big T said"

Seems that it did not transcribe correctly. Sorry for the confusion.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Big T wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Big T wrote:

What Big T

My original post was agreeing with you and the first sentence as "What Big T said"

Seems that it did not transcribe correctly. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers mate, understand.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:10 pm
Post subject: What the hell is going on with these injuries?Reply with quote

Young, Swan and Caffa again tonight.

Do something Buckley, take a good hard look over the summer at the training and recovery.....

OVER TRAINED THEM
Achilles 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:19 pm

We need a priest.
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:20 pm

Who would've made the call on employing Davoren?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: