Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WHY all the injuries?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medders85 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the three years has there been a list or players with how many games missed? I remember two years ago when we lost beams, cloke, reid in the one game against Brisbane. Reid has basically missed 3 years of footy, countless soft tissue injuries to Freeman, Elliot (hamstring problems), Fasolo (feet), Broomhead (every injury under the sun), etc. Love to know how many games our players have missed out on playing over the three years!
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:19 am

piedys wrote:
Skids wrote:
Freo slightly worse off than us with injuries ATM, where are they on the ladder again?

Where any team coached by Ross The Toss belong - the nether regions.

They were in a GF 2 years ago (should have won too, but for inaccurate kicking & umpire love for the Hawks) and Minor premiers last year.

Losing Fyfe and Sandilands was their killer along with;

Michael Apeness Collarbone 6 weeks
Harley Balic* Wrist TBC
Harley Bennell Calf Season
Jon Griffin Hamstring TBC
Ethan Hughes Calf 2 weeks
Sean Hurley Hip 1-3 weeks
Garrick Ibbotson Wrist 1-3 weeks
Michael Johnson Knee/hamstring TBC
Ryan Nyhuis Knee 3-5 weeks
Matthew Pavlich Groin TBC
Alex Pearce* Leg Season
Clancee Pearce Concussion Test
Alex Silvagni Calf 2-4 weeks
Shane Yarran

I'd be more concerned if I was a WCE fan. Started the season as premiership favourites and are yet to beat a top 8 side from 5 attempts.

Medieval 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:48 am

Big T wrote:
Paul Roos. Kitchen sink.

I hear this suggestion quite a bit and it's still staggering that people don't read or listen to statements made by Roos himself. He has promised his (American) wife that they will move back to the US at the end of the year. Yes, I know he said he wouldn't coach Melbourne, but when the AFL offers you $6,000,000 to coach for 3 years, you take the job. That was his agreement with his wife. That would be the last coaching job he takes. He will never coach AFL at the elite level ever again. Get over it and move on.

I'm not saying we don't need a new coach and I'm not saying we do... yet. I'm just saying look elsewhere if you are trying to find one, because Roos is off the table.

Big Dan 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Yes injuries have been bad but they also crippled the side in the back half of 2014 & 2015. A fair chunk of these were not soft tissue but collision/degenerative injuries.

At what point do you start coaching for the team you have, not the team you want?

Injuries are not the reason for the uncompetitive slop being put forward. They are an excuse.
Big Dan 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Yes injuries have been bad but they also crippled the side in the back half of 2014 & 2015. A fair chunk of these were not soft tissue but collision/degenerative injuries.

At what point do you start coaching for the team you have, not the team you want?

Injuries are not the reason for the uncompetitive slop being put forward. They are an excuse.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:15 pm

It is what it is. Confused
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Big Dan wrote:

Coach the same game plan at AFL and VFL levels. Players are well drilled in it. Issue is that a Phillips type can't be expected to come into the seniors and replicate the contribution of an Adams or Fasolo. There logically has to be a drop in performance. Multiply that by 5 or 6 or 7 (depending on your rating of players) best 22 players into what is essentially a developing team and you get these results.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:00 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
The new coach could have an overseeing role in this review.

'

U think its time then? Now or at the end of the season?

Now

At the risk of sounding recalcitrant, I'm beginning to see it more Lazza's way and wonder if there is much point in moving before the end of the season, unless waiting that long would mean missing out out on a potential top candidate.

I feel honoured that you are actually reading my posts let alone agreeing with them!
Look, we all have opinions and mine happens to be that I don’t see any benefit in changing horses, coaches or indeed race cars halfway during a long race. I felt the very same way the day Hafey was sacked mid term.
Of course I'm talking about sacking a coach, NOT a coach resigning or leaving on his own accord.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Skids wrote:
piedys wrote:
Skids wrote:
Freo slightly worse off than us with injuries ATM, where are they on the ladder again?

They were in a GF 2 years ago (should have won too, but for inaccurate kicking & umpire love for the Hawks) and Minor premiers last year.

I'd be more concerned if I was a WCE fan. Started the season as premiership favourites and are yet to beat a top 8 side from 5 attempts.

Skids, that is all accurate sir.
Ross was plain unlucky 2009-2010, and simply "Steviced" in 2013 & 2015.

However, I maintain that their form in this period was a house of cards, waiting to collapse, way too reliant on the influence of both Fyfe and Sandilands controlling the clearances.
They still belong at the bottom, with those pox Bears and druggies.

And WCE? Put them onto the MCG, and all composure goes out the window. Thanks for comin'!

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:50 pm

piedys wrote:
Skids wrote:
piedys wrote:
Skids wrote:

Skids, that is all accurate sir.
Ross was plain unlucky 2009-2010, and simply "Steviced" in 2013 & 2015.

However, I maintain that their form in this period was a house of cards, waiting to collapse, way too reliant on the influence of both Fyfe and Sandilands controlling the clearances.
They still belong at the bottom, with those pox Bears and druggies.

And WCE? Put them onto the MCG, and all composure goes out the window. Thanks for comin'!

Be very interesting to see how they go without NicNat over the next 6 or so weeks. If they can't secure a top 4 spot and lock in home finals then they're in for a world of pain come finals.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Lazza wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
The new coach could have an overseeing role in this review.

'

U think its time then? Now or at the end of the season?

Now

At the risk of sounding recalcitrant, I'm beginning to see it more Lazza's way and wonder if there is much point in moving before the end of the season, unless waiting that long would mean missing out out on a potential top candidate.

I feel honoured that you are actually reading my posts let alone agreeing with them!
Look, we all have opinions and mine happens to be that I don’t see any benefit in changing horses, coaches or indeed race cars halfway during a long race. I felt the very same way the day Hafey was sacked mid term.
Of course I'm talking about sacking a coach, NOT a coach resigning or leaving on his own accord.

Give the high percentage of my posts that are 'disappeared' for no reason, I am not surprised that you are are surprised that of, occasion, I actually agree with your view point....rarely, but not never.

Hafey...its was 3 GFs in 5 years wasn't it? I'd give my left nut for the same record over the last 5 years

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:49 pm

Hafey was 4 in 5 years (actually, 5 in 5 years if you count the 2 GFs in 77). Not that coming second 4 times is better than coming 18th 4 times - in fact, having lived through it, it's probably worse watching your team get there repeatedly and fail.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:03 pm

And Hafey had lost the players. Not 1 iota of evidence to suggest Bucks in in the same boat.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:12 pm

jackcass wrote:
Big Dan wrote:

Coach the same game plan at AFL and VFL levels. Players are well drilled in it. Issue is that a Phillips type can't be expected to come into the seniors and replicate the contribution of an Adams or Fasolo. There logically has to be a drop in performance. Multiply that by 5 or 6 or 7 (depending on your rating of players) best 22 players into what is essentially a developing team and you get these results.

Yeah, that's true that Phillips shouldn't even be running around in the senior team. So what are five former premiership players doing running around in the reserves? No wonder we won our VFL game against top opposition. The idea though is to have your most experienced players playing in the AFL, not the VFL. This is totally ridiculous and no wonder the Collingwood supporters are frustrated to the point of no longer wanting to go to games. This is fast becoming a farce where a young novice or rookie scores a senior game at the expense of a senior, former premiership player. Is it any wonder our senior side is losing?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:16 pm

jackcass wrote:
And Hafey had lost the players. Not 1 iota of evidence to suggest Bucks in in the same boat.

Not for the 10 or so first and second year players who are scoring games at the expense of the former senior premiership players who are languishing in the reserves. They must all love him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: