Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 3 - Collingwood vs North Ballarat at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
That was just F**king Pathetic by Collingwood.

Sack Lockyer

Sack Buckley.

Either one, it doesn't matter! My insane rush of blood to the head needs to be satisfied! Twisted Evil Laughing

Why Sack Buckley who done a Good Job with the AFL while this looks like the 2nd Season for Sucking in the VFL for Lockyer.

Just a little bit of dark humour for the people who make it a habit of calling for the head of the senior coach. Nothing serious. Laughing

Nathan Buckley is doing a good job, by the way. It's just his name-sake Simon who needs to go...

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:56 pm

Big T wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Big T wrote:
After all the "hoo haa" about us getting serious about making finals for the VFL to help our senior team, we have started the season with consecutive losses and sound fairly average and have no depth. What is the point of making bazillions every year if we have continually pathetic efforts and results by the magoos? Season 2012 started terribly by both sides, should not be glossed over.

What I saw today we be lucky to win a Game in the VFL this year

That's what worries me Dave. FFS is our recruitment and list management really as good as everyone thinks? I hope I am missing something. In Hine we trust, I bloody hope so.

I like who we recurited but I think our VFL team Structure is all Screwed up

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Just out of interest, the Cats won the flag in 2009 and 2011 with their reserves finishing in 8th and 9th place, respectively.

We won the flag in 2010 with the magoos finishing in 7th and out of the VFL finals in the 1st week.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:58 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Just out of interest, the Cats won the flag in 2009 and 2011 with their reserves finishing in 8th and 9th place, respectively.

We won the flag in 2010 with the magoos finishing in 7th and out of the VFL finals in the 1st week.

Previously I always felt like we had really promising players coming through especially the fringe players who were pushing for selection, even when we were missing the finals. This year I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling.

And the Cats had a lot of young talent in those lists.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Where the VFL ends up is not overly improtant to me. What concerns me is Lockyer as coach. He did not strike me as a great leader on the field, but important, I don't know what added perspective he can add. He has no external coaching experience to add to Buckley's knowledge.

The only reason why I think Eade is a better choice than MM is that he brings in a new perspective and different ideas.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Addendum: we also made it to the granny last year with the ressies languishing in 12th place.

But you are right about our depth, Big T. It's not as deep as it looks. Losing the likes of Fraser, Lockyer, Medhurst and Presti has certainly hurt.

Tarks could probably work as a playing coach, mind you.

Anyone want to start a "Sack Hine" thread? Laughing

ItwasoutHarmes 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:32 pm

I disagree with being overly harsh on players. Was at the game today and cannot believe how our structures and spread were not happening. We were playing out of defence to close to the corridor and the rebound was killing us. North Ballarat did two things that hurt us. They hugged the boundary out of defence and used the switch very well.
If you rack up 18/19/20 possessions in a forty point loss you have done ok in my books.
Highlights
1. Witts pulling a one hander
2. Ugle has dash.
3. Young's inside work, his disposals are sloppy at times and this is because he is no longer getting easy ones off the half back, he is earning the contested ones that matter.
4. Buckley got beaten on some one on ones.....but hey, it's different in the VFL, clean ball is hard to get. Give him a break.
5. Ceglar & Wood were good. Ceglar is getting stronger.

I have missed some others, but we had some good plays and players today up to 5 minutes into the last. Tarks may need to change his structures.

That's my glass half full look at things.

Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:14 pm

ItwasoutHarmes wrote:
I disagree with being overly harsh on players. Was at the game today and cannot believe how our structures and spread were not happening. We were playing out of defence to close to the corridor and the rebound was killing us. North Ballarat did two things that hurt us. They hugged the boundary out of defence and used the switch very well.
If you rack up 18/19/20 possessions in a forty point loss you have done ok in my books.
Highlights
2. Ugle has dash.
3. Young's inside work, his disposals are sloppy at times and this is because he is no longer getting easy ones off the half back, he is earning the contested ones that matter.
4. Buckley got beaten on some one on ones.....but hey, it's different in the VFL, clean ball is hard to get. Give him a break.

I have missed some others, but we had some good plays and players today up to 5 minutes into the last. Tarks may need to change his structures.

Thanks for the wrap. Taking happy pills as we speak.

melliot 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:26 am

Thought Wood was good and will come into the side for Paine.

BJ should come in too.

Wellers didnt play. Saving him for next week? I did hear he was sore or had a calf problem. Anyone know?

Maxy the other possible or VFL
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:30 am

Anybody know how Mooney is?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:38 am

^^ Peter Donegan spoke to Tarks before the game and Tarks apparently reckons it was just precautionary with Wellers and that he is available and ready for AFL next week.

^ Apparently, Mooney was sitting up in the rooms, on the doctor's table. The medical staff reckon it's not bones/structural damage, but more of a muscle strain. Could be back as early as next week, touch wood.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:42 am

^

ta for that, I thought it was his neck and was worried for the kid.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:27 pm

i liked the game of gault, done a few good things and good marks.
witts is a gentle giant, he has to get aggression into his game. he is 208cms when he goes for the mark above his head, he has to extend his arms he seems to be going only half hearted.
s.buckley do us a favour and retire!
johnson/young had fairly good games
brown played his 1st game back in 2 years. played most of the game and played well. will be bac in seniors against blues coz taz injury.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:22 am

ItwasoutHarmes wrote:
Highlights
2. Ugle has dash.

Agree about Ceglar & Wood. Of the senior players who got a run against the roosters, Wood definitely the pick, then daylight to a cluster including Johnson, Yagmoor, M Williams & Ceglar, then more daylight to Young, Rounds, Cribbin & probably Gault. Brown & Mooney did some nice things without having a great impact.

Ugle, Witts, Shae, Stubbs and Buckley didn't really have a great impact.

On Gault, he certainly did a few nice things yesterday, actually plays the game like a footballer, shows real promise but would expect any senior action in 2012.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:35 am

Finally watched the game. This shit (spin)about winning games in 2012 will not happen. Too many talls in the forward line that are not forwards. Throw in a Yank and Irish boys that have no idea about football. Rolling Eyes All the talk about Witts, ya got to be kidding me.

Dropping Bolland WTF? Ferraro must have had the most possesions yet does not get a mention in the best (I may be biased). Nathan Brown is injured, blind freddy can see that.

The AFL team are dictating to the VFL team what to do and who to play? = Losses galore. They have not learnt from last year and they are making Lockyer look hopeless at coaching. Confused

We have no depth, it's a worry. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: