Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 209, 210, 211 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Couldn't happen to a nicer club!

Quote:
Carlton announce a loss of nearly $1 million after horror 2015 season

CARLTON’s miserable 2015 season brought about a loss of almost $1 million, fuelled by a decrease in attendances, player injury payments and sweeping coaching and staff changes.

The Blues announced the big loss on Saturday, with president Mark LoGiudice saying he was confident the club could make a profit again next year.

LoGiudice urged Carlton supporters to stay patient as he was confident the tide would start to turn off and off the field.

“Aside from our win-loss record there are other factors that led to this result, but the board and management have meticulously reviewed the club’s operations and Carlton members should be optimistic about our future,” LoGiudice said.

“Our management team is committed to returning Carlton to a financial surplus during 2016, this will be through strong cost control and growing traditional and non-traditional revenue streams.”

Carlton won only four games and finished on the bottom of the ladder in a year in which it sacked coach Mick Malthouse and ended with one of the biggest list transformations in the club’s history.

Admitting it was “one of the most challenging years” in the club’s history, the Blues released a statement that said the loss was $0.9 million (earnings before depreciation, amortisation and government grants

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/carlton-announce-a-loss-of-nearly-1-million-after-horror-2015-season/news-story/8c8b842fe2db57549b83a3b2249beb74#load-story-comments

Strange, because when I check their annual report at http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Carlton/Documents/CFCFINANCIALREPORT2015.pdf , it says the club's loss was $2.7 million.

Surely the Hun didn't get something wrong?!?!

There were questions at the end of 2014 as to Carlton's ability to continue as a going concern. Might crack a bottle of red tonight and go over the above report and see how much closer they are to bankruptcy/HQ takeover
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Geek wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Couldn't happen to a nicer club!

Quote:
Carlton announce a loss of nearly $1 million after horror 2015 season

CARLTON’s miserable 2015 season brought about a loss of almost $1 million, fuelled by a decrease in attendances, player injury payments and sweeping coaching and staff changes.

The Blues announced the big loss on Saturday, with president Mark LoGiudice saying he was confident the club could make a profit again next year.

LoGiudice urged Carlton supporters to stay patient as he was confident the tide would start to turn off and off the field.

“Aside from our win-loss record there are other factors that led to this result, but the board and management have meticulously reviewed the club’s operations and Carlton members should be optimistic about our future,” LoGiudice said.

“Our management team is committed to returning Carlton to a financial surplus during 2016, this will be through strong cost control and growing traditional and non-traditional revenue streams.”

Carlton won only four games and finished on the bottom of the ladder in a year in which it sacked coach Mick Malthouse and ended with one of the biggest list transformations in the club’s history.

Admitting it was “one of the most challenging years” in the club’s history, the Blues released a statement that said the loss was $0.9 million (earnings before depreciation, amortisation and government grants

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/carlton-announce-a-loss-of-nearly-1-million-after-horror-2015-season/news-story/8c8b842fe2db57549b83a3b2249beb74#load-story-comments

Strange, because when I check their annual report at http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Carlton/Documents/CFCFINANCIALREPORT2015.pdf , it says the club's loss was $2.7 million.

Surely the Hun didn't get something wrong?!?!

There were questions at the end of 2014 as to Carlton's ability to continue as a going concern. Might crack a bottle of red tonight and go over the above report and see how much closer they are to bankruptcy/HQ takeover

Actually both figures are correct depending on which set of accounts they use.
The annual report will include depreciation and other non cash items.
The $1 million figure is the pure cash loss which is expenses v income hence why they are running a term overdraft of $5million which is underwritten by the AFL like any club who seeks bank loans.
If I was a member there I would be concerned as there exoenses continue to grow hilts all sources of income are in decline and have been for the past 4yrs (with exception of gaming revenue which increased overall from 4yrs ago)
Poor management and large payouts impact this club and will continue to do so
They won't go broke the AFL can't and won't let it happen but they will be watching closely.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:06 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
The $1 million figure is the pure cash loss which is expenses v income hence why they are running a term overdraft of $5million which is underwritten by the AFL like any club who seeks bank loans.
If I was a member there I would be concerned as there exoenses continue to grow hilts all sources of income are in decline and have been for the past 4yrs (with exception of gaming revenue which increased overall from 4yrs ago)
They won't go broke the AFL can't and won't let it happen but they will be watching closely.

Gee mister, you certainly are well informed for somebody that hangs around in the cross with people who enjoy the company of Lady-boys?

Dyso Cool
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:10 pm

piedys wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Gee mister, you certainly are well informed for somebody that hangs around in the cross with people who enjoy the company of Lady-boys?

Dyso Cool

Dyso I resemble that remark. Maybe I shouldn't have used my last brain cell on auditing the carlscum finances.
On a positive note now I have 0 brain cells left I'm sure we can have more fun this year in the cross !!!
By the way did you ever pay that medical bill of $129,765.93 ? Don't know how much you can claim on Medicare for disease removal injections
jayaykay 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Didn't take long for one of these...bwahahahaha!! Very Happy
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:28 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
piedys wrote:

Dyso Cool

Dyso I resemble that remark. Maybe I shouldn't have used my last brain cell on auditing the carlscum finances.
On a positive note now I have 0 brain cells left I'm sure we can have more fun this year in the cross !!!
By the way did you ever pay that medical bill of $129,765.93 ?
Don't know how much you can claim on Medicare for disease removal injections

Yes, I paid Dr.Edelsten $130,000.00 cash, and told him to keep the change, so shut up about it already. Geezuz.
He said he would put the receipt in the mail. But that was when, what, last September now? Australia Post are so unreliable sometimes.

And I haven't yet checked the 2016 calendar; when is our next trip to Sydney? Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh lady boy!!

Dyso

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:38 pm

[quote="piedys"][quote="qldmagpie67"]
piedys wrote:

Yes, I paid Dr.Edelsten $130,000.00 cash, and told him to keep the change, so shut up about it already. Geezuz.
He said he would put the receipt in the mail. But that was when, what, last September now? Australia Post are so unreliable sometimes.

And I haven't yet checked the 2016 calendar; when is our next trip to Sydney? Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh lady boy!!

Dyso

My mate always reckoned the Edelstein last squeeze was in fact Brian not Bryn. come to Thailand ,there are more ladyboys than the Arabs and a Saints supporting music guru can handle.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:12 am

ronrat wrote:
My mate always reckoned the Edelstein last squeeze was in fact Brian not Bryn. come to Thailand ,there are more ladyboys than the Arabs and a Saints supporting music guru can handle.

Wouldn't be surprised if the good doctor was a dollar-each-way bet...

And you wouldn't touch the lady-boys after Humdrum tagged them either.
Do yourself a favour!!

Dyso Razz

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:24 pm

MY tip is that under new boy coach, laughing gas bolton, the bluescum will win a maximum of two games this entire season, and i am being dead serious, they may beat the bummers, but thats about it, gonna be another season from hell for these pricks and aint it grand. LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:42 am

Piesnchess wrote:
MY tip is that under new boy coach, laughing gas bolton, the bluescum will win a maximum of two games this entire season, and i am being dead serious, they may beat the bummers, but thats about it, gonna be another season from hell for these pricks and aint it grand. LOL

They have turned over, what, 27 players in two years?
They are a monty to keep the Dons company!
What round do you think Bolton will cry during the Presser by?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:24 pm

piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

They have turned over, what, 27 players in two years?
They are a monty to keep the Dons company!
What round do you think Bolton will cry during the Presser by?

oooh, i give laughing gas, the guy who never played senior AFL, around round five, laughing hysterically, screaming "But, but, this never happened when i coached the hawk seniors for ten weeks, we always won and won and won, BWAAAAAAHHHHHH, SOB SOB, as they carry him away weeping uncontrollably. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:15 pm

Hahahahaahah
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:11 pm

Only a practice match, but got thrashed by the bombers today.

Maybe Carlton will go back to back for the spoon after all.

Maybe they really are that bad.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Mick did a cracking job
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Laughing gas Bolton sure aint laughing now, must be wondering just what the hell he has walked into. LOL LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 209, 210, 211 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
Page 210 of 276   

Jump to: