Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Laugh at Carlscum thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Micky said the Scum was not going to lose a Game this Season?
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:59 pm

We have seen some dark days. And no doubt there are more yet to come.

But old friend, when times are tough, you're presence provides us with strength and mirth.

Welcome back, old friend. It's good to see you.

Jezza, fire up the Batcomputer and get over to BigFooty.

I'll back a little bit later from Tanking Carlton with fun for everyone... Twisted Evil

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:01 pm

Tee hee. Pity both teams couldn't lose.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Quote:
awful

Quote:
Just me or do the players not look the slightest bit worried about losing? Not being harsh but anyone else see that?

Quote:
Feels like it's been a long season already.

Quote:
They didn't look that interested during the game either.

Quote:

Yeah we just don't look like we give a shit.

Didn't look interested all game either.

Quote:

Quote:
Viva The Madhouse! :banghead:

Quote:
That'll do wonders for the membership

Quote:
Carrazzo
Curnow
Bell
Are plodders of the highest order. I'd rather see a kid get a game.

Murphy, Gibbs, Everett, tuohy, Jamison, etc are just pathetic. They'll play better but what about a little bit of spirit in the first game. What about setting an example?

Quote:
Positive, there talking up richmond as a powerhouse club.........

1st game of the year, relax.....

Quote:
Thought Curnow was ok. The rest were shit but.

Quote:
So how many years have we signed up Jones for?

Quote:
With trade season and the draft to look forward to, who should we target and trade?

..............too early?

Never.

Quote:
Thought Judd and Hendo were satisfactory tonight.

Gibbs early.

Quote:
Dont mind the tigers. Stupid song though.

We couldnt play much worse. Our good players were crap. We lost a leader and hard running good player early. Smith and Cripps were ok but struggle over 100mins.
I think we took players in that really were not in touch. Jamo , Murphy and Gibbs looked crap through the pre season. They kept that going into tonight.

Quote:
jones is on track for 44 goals

Laughing

Quote:
If it wasn't for Docherty we'd have lost by 10 goals

Quote:
We're 3/4 of a list away from the top sides.

Conservative...

Quote:
standby for Stevo vs Mick

Quote:
All pre-season at every opportunity all they harped on about was getting the game plane right. Well if that's the game plan we are stuffed.

Wake up and smell the coffee, that was Richmond, Richmond, not Hawthorn, or Sydney, but bloody Richmond!

Can you imagine what Hawthorn will do with this game plan? Here's a clue, bend over ...

Quote:
All part of the mm process from season 1

Quote:
wooden spoon

Quote:
Virtually... anyone who thinks that side looked good on paper going into that game is kidding themselves.

Quote:
Cripps and Smith, just kids and way off the pace but will get better and need to be developed.
KJ had an OK night a few errors but again young with plenty of upside and a great get.
Docherty - starting as he finished last season, will be one of our best soon.
Bell seemed to play HF most pf the night and looks better when he is on the ball or coming from a wing. Got into it late but game was shot.
Jones.......Casboult..........if Cas wants his spot back it won't take much to get back in.
Menzel, had better days had worse......will be a gun.

My assessment of the kids......as for Murphy and Gibbs.......nice hair!!

Quote:
I asked my 10yo if he wanted to watch the game he said "nah, we'll just kick the first 2 goals then lose". I find it hard to argue with him lol.

Quote:
Lots of obituaries are written after round 1 for about 9 teams. We were poor tonight but let's not go all Richmond...

Quote:
Outplayed and out-coached. Could be a long year.

Quote:
Anyway need to clean out more.
And that is just at the top of the club...

Quote:
It's frustrating. If we're overstocked with slow, plodding mids, I at least expect them to crash in and stick tackles. We don't do that though. Boekhorst and Tutt won't be physically hurting any opposition but they might at least create some run and excitement. Buckley is another (and he at least loves a scrap too). Unfortunately we're lacking well rounded players who bring multiple quality attributes to the team.

Quote:
My view of todays football look at all the previous winner
They draft for a minimum of six years they do not give away
draft picks if anything they trade for picks they don't trade
them away. They draft the best available kid know matter what
Position they play . Then after the sixs year they will trade for
players that they need and trade out the players who are not
up to it .
Now the Carlton way is let's just trade for second rate players
giving away top draft pick give you a perfect example in warnock
Everett,McLean . Some trade will work but 80%wont .
Carlton to go forward we need a full rebuild bottom up big name
players should be traded get as many early draft picks as possible
New coaches to come in let them build there own team with some
hardness no soft players with plenty of leaders.

Quote:
Henderson lacks form and confidence. At times when it was there, he couldn't even manage making a contest.

Rowe is terrible in defense, and should only be played pending matchups ie against big forward lines.

our forward line is bereft of creativity (since betts left really) and is impotent. henderson is a CHB, ffs play him there.

our mids, Gibbs is classy, judd breaks lines and uses it well. just the though our best mid is 33 yr old gives me a cold nauseous sweat.

Cripps too slow -- but could be a sam mitchell type but not for a few seasons, curnow and carrots are taggers -- both in the same team is negative football, bell tries but is limited. Murphy i can't figure out. he's no captain, i'm not even sure he's anything but a depth midfielder at this point in his career. he will at this point, be the worst carlton captain of my lifetime with only daylight second.

jacksh is peahearted, although he does have skills. He's a taller kane lucas.

We didn't want to tackle, which baffles the hell outta me. 83 000 people, first game of the season and our heads and hearts aren't in it?

casboult needs to be played. he's the only option we have up front to take a grab, bust a pack and make a contest.

it scares me that Menzel & docherty are the only kids on our list who are real prospects and were also our best tonight.

simpson, yarran, judd and gibbs were good. too many passengers, as usual. its been the story since 2000

daisy's season is over. guaranteed. I did my left AC and it looked the same as daisys and i did i landed the exact same way.

Quote:
I know the list is full of holes and it is a matter of which one you try and plug first. But the failure to make a concerted effort to add pace in the last offseason is still one of the more baffling list management decisions I've seen.

Laughing

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Mick tried hard on the presser. But I must admit I don't blame him for his total disregard of Mark Stevens. The bloke just asks dumb questions which MM has already answered. Flog of a journo.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:09 pm

Quote:
The Essendon** verdict did wonders for me! Detaching myself bit by bit, I don't feel the pain so bad tonight!

Quote:
The boys seemed to come out pumped up after seeing the hovercraft pre-game, but then ran out of puff. Maybe we should get it out during all the breaks.

Quote:
The thing is, you don't 'plug holes' at all, you draft as much talent as possible and they'll find their right positions with time. Our recruiting is like trying to spread oil in a pan, as soon as you think you have it covered, a big dry patch opens up somewhere else.

Quote:
scoreboard flattered us.

No forward line for most of the night - if you were watching on TV and wondering why all the dinky handballs in the backline/refusal to kick it - we spent significant portions of the game with no one forward of centre...

only positives for me tonight were white, docherty & bell.

Quote:
..lazy cheating players.. ..not enough that play with team work and heart.. ..same issues as we've had for years.. ..very few stars Play honest..

Quote:
I'm depressed.

Quote:
If hendo best position is chb just play him there
Jones is a dud another dud trade should drafted a kid
Kj is not worth pick 7
Menzel will clearly be our best player in the near future
Doc should be moved to the midfield has a real crack
Jamo,s best is past him let's hope Giles foot comes good
Wood plays like warnock hopeless needs krooz badly

Quote:
Biggest concern for me is I don't see where our immediate improvement will come from.

Quote:
Hendo's an above average player, someone was arguing with me when I thought 400-450k was about right.

Rance annihilated him. Rance is worth 600-650k, not Henderson

As for Murphy, barely making fringe midfielder in the last 18 months

Quote:
Missed shots hurt early then the lack of run and pace showed.

Curnow, Everitt, Carrazzo, White all tagging...very slow when you add in Cripps Bell and lose Thomas early.

Deledio, Cotchin and Martin relatively quiet but the tigers have a decent 2nd tier of Miles, Ellis, Vlastuin and some others like McIntosh.

Murphy a stinker. Jones glimpses but not enough.

Docherty very good. Simpson/Judd gave their all.

Quote:
A drugs scandal where half the list are implicated is our best way forward

Quote:
Lot of regulars from previous years not at the game in the Carlton member's area tonight.

Quote:
Probably mentioned elsewhere, but how good was it to hear what Richo's and Bruce's favourite movies are!

Quote:
Mentally weaker than the flakes at Richmond....good grief

Did Gibbs get close to a target tonight?

Murphy delivered another "Carlton Captain's game"...

Quote:
A long year followed by a clean out followed by more long years.

Wash, rinse, repeat. May it continue for many years yet!

Quote:
how about that hovercraft eh?

fireworks were great, but too bad if any players have asthma.

they don't show betting ads on the big screen now..but when you kick a goal, they flash all around the boundary in super bright colours, instead of your team logo lights. just super! Rolling Eyes
the ads are incredibly bright and distracting during the game. if you suffer from epilepsy, you might struggle from the mild strobing effect. Surprised

the sound level of the ads during the breaks is ridiculous.

all this to marvel at, and then there was the game.
pretty much agree with Braithy word for word, except can't see how casboult in current form would make any difference.

I just hate our game plan.thought we'd turned a corner perhaps with the nab cup style, but no.
maybe next week .

Quote:
..it's not the gameplan.. ..and the simple reason is this.. ..the game plan doesn't matter, because lazy selfish players won't adhere and Carry out Any gameplan.. ..too many weak links..

Quote:
Yep and Casbolt is such a big name... He could have landed us at least another 4 points tonight

Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:11 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
LOL at Dale Thomas, KARMA bus!

That's a disgraceful post. This is a reflection on your character not on a player no matter who they play for & who's tried so hard to get back on track - simply appalling.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Sorry for the delay folks but better late than never! I'll be back from BigFooty soon... Twisted Evil
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:48 pm

Enjoy Nicksters! Laughing

Quote:
Overall, if that is what we are going to offer up this season, then 10th will be our best finishing position and 14th is the most likely.

Very sad & embarrassing start to the season, always can handle a loss but not when they play that brand of footy.

Quote:
Cant believe we still depend on Judd.

Quote:
I'm watching the TAC rather than that rubbish

Quote:
Disappointed in Jones work up the ground. Very rarely did I see him after the first quarter out in front of his opponent demanding the ball. May as well have Casboult back.

Liam Jones already proving to be a disappointment Laughing

Quote:
Meh...

Quote:
68 points from turnovers sums us up.perfectly
Bloody hopeless.

Quote:
When your best players are playing like your worst you're gonna struggle.

End of story...

Quote:
Just too devastated to rip into the players.
Over the last 15 years we have just been a really poorly managed football club ... Probably only second worse to Melbourne.

We have lost our way and not even MM can bring us back which speaks volumes of how far we are behind the pack.

I feel sorry for Judd and sorry for our younger supporters who have never seen the Blues when we were the premier side in the competition.

We were just so bad tonight against a side that lets be honest is a nothing side as well.

I'd say some players need a good hard look at themselves but in reality they have needed that good hard look for ages.

This side just smacks of show ponies ... All for one and all for one unfortunately.

Just sick of the loser mentality that has engrained itself in this once mighty club.

Just sickening.

Love reading that! Very Happy

Quote:
Let's hope we don't muck up another first round pick because it's gonna be a low one by the looks of things.

Quote:
We drafted a 21 year old skinny guy with our first round draft pick who isn't in our best 25 players.

Sums up our list management.

Quote:
I got a little excited during the NAB Collingwood game, they looked pretty together.

Feeling very grounded right now and my optimism has deflated like a chick's nipple upon seeing me naked for the first time.

Different team, different coach, why do we perform the same?

Quote:
I can't see a single MM win.

mature recruiting, fitness staff, assistant coaches. fail fail fail.

Quote:
Explain our game plan to me again, I like hearing it.

Quote:
Haven't seen some posters around for a while ... until post match.

Quote:
I am trying to look on the bright side but all I can come up with is that my hopes were not high for this season so I'm not as gutted as I could have been.

Still hurts.

Quote:
Same shit different year.
I don't know what has happened to this club are we still hurting from the salary cap breaches and that losing culture ingrained into them?
I remember the days when Carlton could be 6 goals down at 1/2 time and then bang we would come flying back with aggression,passion,team work and an absolute desire to win. The only blokes who showed a smidge of that tonight were Doch,Juddy and Simmo. We have no on field leadership who go "**** it" time to smash someone lay a huge tackle or smother like Hodge does all the time. We are a side that is too quick to let other teams get a run on bad coaching? I dunno the on field leaders should be motivated enough to make their own moves to stop it.

Long year ahead and a few more years until this mindset is stamped out.

God I feel sorry for Judd staying on one more year.

Quote:
I can rationalise the loss away quite easily ...

can't be bothered..

Quote:
Seeing Grigg kick a the ball straight frustrated me. Don't rate him at all but I think back to that set shot against the dockers 30m out directly in front which sailed out of bounds on the full.

Credit to Carlton - making duds look like professional footballers since 2003

Quote:
Thought for a long time that Mick was the one,

Nup, not after what i saw tonight. Game plan looked shit, no improvement in players. Mick's done

Quote:
Pretty upset. Boys looked like crap with a terrible game plan after the first quarter.

Quote:
Our midfield is rubbish.
Murphy where do I start? I've been making excuses for him since he took on the captaincy. Seems like he will never be another more than a good midfielder. So so disappointed in him.

Quote:
All I will say is that I am absolutely gutted for one Chris Judd if that is what we are to expect this season.

I'm stoked that his career will end in misery! Twisted Evil

Quote:
Murphy is the most uninspiring captain we have ever had at Carlton.

Quote:
That was simply a shithouse performance, forget 2015 and move on

Quote:
Its true that we did get destroyed by the salary ... but IMHO we are paying a much bigger price for our inability to draft and develop decent young players since those dim dark days of the early 2000's. Without stating the obvious, we have had more than enough draft picks since then to be a lot more successful than we have been. I don't have to mention all the duds we have taken with our 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks in that time, whereas clubs like Hawthorn, Geelong, the Swans have made it an art form to draft stars with those same picks from the 100's of kids from all round Australia who nominate for the National Draft every year.

Why do they get it so consistently right and we have gotten it so consistently wrong ???

Quote:
Fair to say that Carlton have well and truly broken my spirit tonight.

Quote:
Bottom 6 again this year. Lock it in.

Quote:
Bottom 4 this year. 10 year rebuild.

Quote:
We can't even do the basics like kick to teammates, tackle and chase.
Going to be avery very long year.

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:42 am

I'd laugh but they could easily be talking about collingwood tbh Embarassed
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:38 am

leonmagic wrote:
I'd laugh but they could easily be talking about collingwood tbh Embarassed

That's what worries me

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:02 am

watt price tully wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
LOL at Dale Thomas, KARMA bus!

That's a disgraceful post. This is a reflection on your character not on a player no matter who they play for & who's tried so hard to get back on track - simply appalling.

Dollar daisy singing the scum song before he had even left us, enraging nick Maxwell and others. Yep, id say its karma. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:06 am

MagpieBat wrote:

But old friend, when times are tough, you're presence provides us with strength and mirth.

I'll back a little bit later from Tanking Carlton with fun for everyone... Twisted Evil

yes, like an ol mistress, we welcome her back with glee, a great long weekend always starts with a scum loss. Puts a spring in ones step, gladdens the soul, and im tipping the old man will be sacked by round 12 if this keeps up. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:44 am

Piesnchess wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

yes, like an ol mistress, we welcome her back with glee, a great long weekend always starts with a scum loss. Puts a spring in ones step, gladdens the soul, and im tipping the old man will be sacked by round 12 if this keeps up. Razz

Generous... Laughing

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:34 am

its funny they thought liam jones was their saviour now they bag him after one game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 170, 171, 172 ... 274, 275, 276  Next
Page 171 of 276   

Jump to: