Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ultimate acts of Laziness!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

bucksisgod wrote:
My wife calls the bedroom the magic room.

I get my wand out and she disappears.

There it is.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Laughing gold.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:12 pm

I spend a lot of time in the factory here, away from wife and son. So I have developed some old bachelor tendancies.

Sheets are washed after the crustiness can he heard crinkling when turning over.

Coffee mugs are just swished with hot water and reused.

If I am low on clothes, undies are reviewed and deemed re-useable according to odour or degree of skidmarkation.

In my defense, my surrounding area looks like a nuclear holocaust most days, and smells like it too, so it doesnt really matter that much.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Big T wrote:
I spend a lot of time in the factory here, away from wife and son. So I have developed some old bachelor tendancies.

Sheets are washed after the crustiness can he heard crinkling when turning over.

Coffee mugs are just swished with hot water and reused.

If I am low on clothes, undies are reviewed and deemed re-useable according to odour or degree of skidmarkation.

In my defense, my surrounding area looks like a nuclear holocaust most days, and smells like it too, so it doesnt really matter that much.

Definitely with you on the coffee mug. After I have my morning coffee the cup sits where I leave it until I grab it again, usually next morning, give it a quick rise out and reuse it.

Buttsy-Bells 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Can't help thinking today's fast bowlers are the laziest sportsmen around. If they field a ball in their follow through they throw it to Mid On or Mid Off to polish it for them while they're walking back to their mark. Never happened in the days of Alan Davidson, Dennis Lillee, Max Walker, Craig Mcdermott, Merv Hughes, etc..
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:00 am

You reckon a man would polish his own balls- that really is laziness!!
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:57 am

think positive wrote:
You reckon a man would polish his own balls- that really is laziness!!

LOVE IT

Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:02 pm

think positive wrote:
Why don't you all just put them in the dishwasher??

I don't have one! I don't have the space!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:07 pm

shit, buggar

id make space

lose the hubby or something, anything,

Big T 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:35 pm

She was so lazy...

She's shit the bed and kick it out with her foot.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 pm

i couldn't be stuffed cooking dinner. so i call up pizza place. 2 large pizza's down and i feel like ice cream now. anywhere i can get ice cream home delivered?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Big T wrote:
She was so lazy...

She's shit the bed and kick it out with her foot.

You've met my ex wife? Shocked

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Fire Up wrote:
i couldn't be stuffed cooking dinner. so i call up pizza place. 2 large pizza's down and i feel like ice cream now. anywhere i can get ice cream home delivered?

get it with the pizza next tiem
Didaicos Libra

The Macedonian Marvel = The Croat Confoundment!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Doc63 wrote:
mandy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Let her go. Having a year off between High school and uni is a great idea, regardless of what they do with it. Doesn't need to be overseas, but after 13 years of school, having a year off is cool. Just make sure she has to pay her own way.

THIS!

I have definitey planted the seeds to encourage Shelby to take a year off after year 12. 13 years of school is a long time and the pressure these days seems so much more than when I was at school.

It's also important for them to sit back and really think about where they want to be, what they want to be. Too many kids waste time throwing themselves straight in to courses that they later realise isn't what they want.

I agree. My daughter is dyslexic and has just finished Year 10. It was a really hard slog for her, she comes home from school exhausted, and there is no assistance for dyslexic kids. The next two years will be even harder.

She is talking about taking a gap year after year 12, and i agree with her. She will be absolutely buggered by the time she gets through Year 12. I don't think she could handle uni straight away, without a decent break.
Not saying for your daughter but those thinking of a gap year for their kids, why not think about a semester for them on exchange?

SWAN'S GOING TO KICK A GOAL. THEY'RE HOME YOU'D THINK I KNOW IT'S A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THEY'RE KILLING THEM NOW!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Three girls upstairs right now, just finished VCE, waiting for Monday for the news; 1 going straight to Uni, the others both want a gap year - im betting at least 1 doesnt go to Uni next year.

Sorry but school was out in October, Uni doesnt start until March! thats 4 months off, thats plenty of time to "recover"!

My daughter would glady go back to year 11, She freely admits she only got stuck in for year 12! She says school was a peice of cake until year 12. Granted with the right attitude a few years back, She would probably have her dream of going to Monash now instead of "settling" for her 2nd choice of Deakin. So What! If She really wants it, She will work for it now, and switch, its no big deal. (wish i knew that last month but anyway!!) So She only really had to recover from the one year of school!

Unless they can afford to support themselves flitting around the world, or are prepared to get a real job, forget it. Let them lay around, work a few hours a week and sponge off mum and dad, too easy to become a habit.

My daughter works part time, mainly to support her shoe addiction! She knows its harder to make a decent wage without an education. She wants to get that education as soon as possible, Then She can save her pennies, and take off where ever She wants. Im sorry, but at 18, there is no way in hell She is ready for that, and i doubt many really are.

For the daughter with Dysexia, and other learning problems, well done for getting through, and fair enough, but maybe uni isnt the answer anyway, unless they have something in mind.

I dont see Uni as a necessity, it didnt hurt hubby or me that we didnt go.
We have achieved everything we setout too, and continue too,we just work hard for it.

If She was happy digging ditches id fully support her in that, but she knows what she wants.

This world has been too easy for a lot of this generation; Mum and Dad waiting on them, driving them everywhere to protect them (i dont regret that one at all, i still do it to a degree) and buying them every latest gadget. yep pretty guilty on all accounts.

Uni is hardly a slog from what ive seen of her boyfriend, (and hisresults are just fine, thanks!) and a few of my friends kids. I guess that depends on the subjects they pick, and what they hope to achieve, but i have no illusions of an honours student!! That doesnt mean im not bursting with pride of what She has achieved and what She has planned.

I think the exchange semester is a great idea, probably a bit late to plan that now. But it would be a change of scene, without pulling totally away.

When She finishes Uni, if She wants to take a year off, and see the world (on her money) fine, Id be all for it. But not now. She is too young.

If She changes her mind about the course She starts, so be it, She changes streams, no biggie. If She pulls out and gets a job, no problem, its Her life and her choice.

Shes nearly 18, and her happiness is now pretty much Her responsibilty.

But Id be happy to think She will hang around here a couple more years at least. Even since finishing school in October, i can see a big differance in Her attitude, She is starting to take control of her life. Starting to be more accountable for her actions. But She has a way to go yet.

Ill cut those apron strings, one strand at a time, when its good for her, And when its good for me. There's no hurry.

Last edited by think positive on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: