Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ultimate acts of Laziness!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

annewilo wrote:
think positive wrote:
I'm a pom and no way is she having a gap year unless she gets a full time job!!

Send her overseas??

I barely survived a week of schoolies and that was only a two hour drive away!!

Left both kids a note this morning, came home to an empty dishwasher, clothes on the line, and the dry stuff filed and hung!

Oldest went to boyfriends about lunch time, guess she would rather make a mess there, good old fashion Macedonian mother to clean up after her!!

A Gap year is a year to grow. You can work it or give your time to a charity or good cause. And amazingly they do grow if overseas. All that grounding you have given her starts to fall in to place. Let her do it with a friend if you are worried. They can watch each others back.

Maybe in about ten years!

I'd be a blubbering mess!

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 pm

I am a bit untidy right now... I clean up and straighten up once every 3 months, which is normally about the time I make my bed. If I didn't have a house inspection I doubt I'd bother to make my bed unless it grew annoying.

I am doing more tidying up though, so I am learning, slowly. Razz

Before moving back to Hobart I believe that I made my bed once every so often.... and used to have DVDs and such everywhere.

I think my friend is more lazy than I, he has beer cans, pizza boxes, and such all over his room. Unless his grandmother cleans his room, or offers him money to clean his room, it never looks clean. I think it was only clean when I got to Melbourne because I was staying there a couple of nights.

I should fix up my room a bit over the next couple of days as I want to plug in the PS2...

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:20 pm

think positive wrote:
annewilo wrote:
think positive wrote:
I'm a pom and no way is she having a gap year unless she gets a full time job!!

Send her overseas??

I barely survived a week of schoolies and that was only a two hour drive away!!

Left both kids a note this morning, came home to an empty dishwasher, clothes on the line, and the dry stuff filed and hung!

Oldest went to boyfriends about lunch time, guess she would rather make a mess there, good old fashion Macedonian mother to clean up after her!!

A Gap year is a year to grow. You can work it or give your time to a charity or good cause. And amazingly they do grow if overseas. All that grounding you have given her starts to fall in to place. Let her do it with a friend if you are worried. They can watch each others back.

Maybe in about ten years!

I'd be a blubbering mess!

Let her go. Having a year off between High school and uni is a great idea, regardless of what they do with it. Doesn't need to be overseas, but after 13 years of school, having a year off is cool. Just make sure she has to pay her own way.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:49 pm

She actually doesn't want to!

She says she has three months off before uni starts anyway, so why does she need it?

She also says her friends that are having a year off are crazy, because they more than likely won't go back, that's her thoughts and I tend to agree.

She may have a part time job but she spends money like water! loves her shoes! So she couldn't afford it anyway!

She is really focused on getting good enough scores to change over to Monash, as that was her dream. She doesn't want to wait.

I'm certainly not going to change her mind!

Her laziness is my fault because I let her get away with it. If I put my foot down, she gets her act together. Mind you I have stopped counting how many knickers end up in the wash now, and I don't check her drawers. As long as the wardrobe looks reasonably tidy, with no clothes on the floor, that's fine.

She has finally figured out that when I say, I'm cleaning tomorrow, all she has to do is get everything out of sight, clear the bench so I can wipe and the floor for the vac.

I tend to vacuum upstairs twice a week, especially during the Holidays and one good dust/wipe, and one quick one, and never on the same days, So they don't know when it's coming! They have both been pretty good the last month or so!

Oldest has been wiping and vacuuming herself for the last couple of weeks, because it's holidays, I'm still working so fair is fair, and I think she is realizing it's easier to keep it reasonably tidy and clean than to let it go to helll, and have to spend all day on it!

She got a new playboy doona cover for Xmas, that she picked, with matching sparkly pillow cases, and she is actually making her bed every day without being asked!

All we have to sort now is the dishes in her room, but she is getting better!

She is even keeping the bathroom tidy!

Besides, if her untidiness is the worst I have to deal with, I'll be happy!

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 am

stui magpie wrote:
Let her go. Having a year off between High school and uni is a great idea, regardless of what they do with it. Doesn't need to be overseas, but after 13 years of school, having a year off is cool. Just make sure she has to pay her own way.

THIS!

I have definitey planted the seeds to encourage Shelby to take a year off after year 12. 13 years of school is a long time and the pressure these days seems so much more than when I was at school.

It's also important for them to sit back and really think about where they want to be, what they want to be. Too many kids waste time throwing themselves straight in to courses that they later realise isn't what they want.

#SIDEBYSIDE
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:07 am

And do what Mandy?

Everyone is saying LET her go, but she has no inclination too! im supposed to chuck her out the door??

i know 3 kids who took a gap year, sort of looked for a job, didnt have the money for a trip, sat on their arses for various amounts of time. 2-3 years on, one has finall started a training course, at 21! the rest are in menial jobs they hate, or working part time, still basically supported by Mum and Dad.

im sure it works for some, but you would need a "get of your arse and do something attitude".

Frankly, Thats not my kid!! And She knows it!

Right now she has the best mind set she has ever had. She is determined to do well and get into Monash. Maybe she will change her mind, thats her perogative, but she is aiming for something. She said to me, when she told me a couple of herfriends want a gap year "Mum if i left school now, i dont think id go back".

I understand the bit about so many kids not knowing what they really want to do, but Who does until they try something.

Nicoles interest is in commerce, there are several paths she is looking at, all with commerce/business management at their core. Personally i think she is more suited to the creative side of computing, but its not my call. I would not be at all surprised if She changed her mind and switched, big deal.

In my mind, There is no such thing as a wasted education.

Nicole freely admits she didnt start trying until year 12. So it has not been 13 years of slog!

Since she started waitressing just over a year ago, her attitude has really changed. Neither of her parents finished high school, but Both her parents have very strong work ethics, so She has always been aware of what it takes to get ahead. But now She is earning her own money, She has a lot more respect for it and what it takes to get it.

The kid has expensive tastes, Shes going to need an education to get a job to be able to afford the lifestyle She wants!

Its not a case of Let Her Go, She has chosen her path, not me.

Last edited by think positive on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:12 am

mandy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

THIS!

I have definitey planted the seeds to encourage Shelby to take a year off after year 12. 13 years of school is a long time and the pressure these days seems so much more than when I was at school.

It's also important for them to sit back and really think about where they want to be, what they want to be. Too many kids waste time throwing themselves straight in to courses that they later realise isn't what they want.

It's also a good way to get some experience in the real world. If partying and travelling isn't your thing, get some part time work or even volunteer in an area you're interested in to see what it is actually like.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 am

Brenny wrote:
^ I know a few people who clean before the cleaner comes... They are too embarrassed to let them see their house...

lol, i used to do that, although i only 'tidied' for the cleaner. forced me to put things away, which was a good thing.

got rid of the cleaner coz i was sick of asking her to dust! I once left a cobweb on the bathroom wall for 6 weeks to see if she'd dust it......even after numerous notes left, it was still there.

I'd like another cleaner now, but too lazy to find one Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:34 am

stui magpie wrote:
mandy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

THIS!

It's also a good way to get some experience in the real world. If partying and travelling isn't your thing, get some part time work or even volunteer in an area you're interested in to see what it is actually like.

She works part time, two jobs. She waitresses and also helps me, on the books with merchandising.

She thinks three months off is enough.

She went to a catholic school, they did volunteer work!

SHE doesnt feel the need for a gap year!

It's HER choice.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:36 am

Proud Pies wrote:
Brenny wrote:
^ I know a few people who clean before the cleaner comes... They are too embarrassed to let them see their house...

lol, i used to do that, although i only 'tidied' for the cleaner. forced me to put things away, which was a good thing.

got rid of the cleaner coz i was sick of asking her to dust! I once left a cobweb on the bathroom wall for 6 weeks to see if she'd dust it......even after numerous notes left, it was still there.

I'd like another cleaner now, but too lazy to find one Wink

I actually like cleaning this house!

I just like being here!

I just love seeing it spotless!

Call me crazy, but I designed it from the ground up, with a place for everything, and I like everything to be in it's place!

Ps you don't have to take your shoes off in my house though, in less they are muddy or greasy! It's a house you gotta live in it, that really shits me when I have to lose the shoes!

Last edited by think positive on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Doc63 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:40 am

mandy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

THIS!

I agree. My daughter is dyslexic and has just finished Year 10. It was a really hard slog for her, she comes home from school exhausted, and there is no assistance for dyslexic kids. The next two years will be even harder.

She is talking about taking a gap year after year 12, and i agree with her. She will be absolutely buggered by the time she gets through Year 12. I don't think she could handle uni straight away, without a decent break.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:33 am

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
mandy wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

THIS!

She works part time, two jobs. She waitresses and also helps me, on the books with merchandising.

She thinks three months off is enough.

She went to a catholic school, they did volunteer work!

SHE doesnt feel the need for a gap year!

It's HER choice.

Fair call if she doesn't want to.

Peter Griffin 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Guilty lazy secret - sometimes when I've got some dishes in the sink and I have friends coming over at short notice, I pile them all into the oven and then hang the tea towel on the oven rack to hide them. LOL!! I can't believe I just gave that one away, I'm so embarrassed.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Oops. Too much data.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Peter Griffin wrote:
Guilty lazy secret - sometimes when I've got some dishes in the sink and I have friends coming over at short notice, I pile them all into the oven and then hang the tea towel on the oven rack to hide them. LOL!! I can't believe I just gave that one away, I'm so embarrassed.

I'm using that one!! Brilliant. But I use the oven so infrequently I'd probably forget they were in there! I'll be wondering "what happened to those other bowls/mugs/plates" etc. lol.
Lazy people have the best ideas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: