Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ultimate acts of Laziness!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dont think she's gunna last long Stui!!

I'd clean after the cleaner!

apparently im too fussy!!

(ps i cant bear to go out without making my bed! i hate coming home to mess!!)

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Brenny wrote:
^ I know a few people who clean before the cleaner comes... They are too embarrassed to let them see their house...

I do tidy up a bit before she comes. Embarassed
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

think positive wrote:
dont think she's gunna last long Stui!!

I'd clean after the cleaner!

apparently im too fussy!!

(ps i cant bear to go out without making my bed! i hate coming home to mess!!)

She might be around for a while yet, her and the boy got engaged a few weeks back. My reaction when she started planning a 100 person engagement party when she's unemployed, he's on an apprentice wage and they live here rent free was another story. Suffice to say the boy and I had a chat about priorities.

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Is there a funny story behind the nickname of the Captain by any chance?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:20 pm

^

Not really. Because of her ability to sleep (if sleeping ever becomes an olympic sport she is a gold medalist) I named her today Captain Snooze.

Not sure if the son likes it too much, but whenever I refer to her to him or my daughter, I don't refer to her by name I just call her "The Captain".

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Gees imagine the wedding!! I see grey hairs in your future!!

I think I'll suggest my girls live in sin, or elope!!

Well I'm buggered today, been doing various shit for hubby last couple of days and getting Christmas packed away, and every last piece of tinsel gone! All I had to do was vac upstairs but I couldn't face it! Miss lazy cleaned up after her friends really well (I usually do it, but this time I read them the riot act when they arrived, five 17/18 year olds can really make a mess! I'm guessing next time they'll be a bit more careful!) I know she is going out tomorrow, so I would have given her some money towards train/food anyway (she works but still..) so I offered her $10 to vac upstairs and empty all the bins, and she did! Hey I work for it, no reason she shouldn't!

Got to work all day tomorrow, want to try and do a ten hour day to clear the rest of the week, so now I can just get up....... make the bed!!!go in the gym, shower and off to work and know I'm coming back to a nice clean house!!

And I'll kill the kids if I don't!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:56 pm

^

Bugger making the bed. What's to make? All I have is the doona.

Good luck with your day, I'm buggered personally. Spent 2 hours with the boy cleaning out the shed (NB, the shed is the size of a 2 car garage), hanging an old bed base from the ceiling rafters, mowed and whippersnipped the back lawn and painted (some kind of clear wood lacquer stuff) the hand rail part of the deck wall. Reckon I dropped about 4kg just in sweat.

Beer and Red Wine are full of electrolytes aren't they? Cool

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:18 pm

my acts of laziness. hhhmm where should i start?

i pay for other ppl to cook my food, so i often make the trip to maccas etc a couple of times a week. also the odd sushi place, local shops. i go to supermarket and also buy the healthy choice meals (which is sometimes) and put that in microwave (does that count as cooking?)

and YES ive had all the tests done to see if im sick or anything bad. im FINE healthy as any athlete.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:14 am

stui magpie wrote:
^

Good luck with your day, I'm buggered personally. Spent 2 hours with the boy cleaning out the shed (NB, the shed is the size of a 2 car garage), hanging an old bed base from the ceiling rafters, mowed and whippersnipped the back lawn and painted (some kind of clear wood lacquer stuff) the hand rail part of the deck wall. Reckon I dropped about 4kg just in sweat.

So how hard is it to straighten the doona Exclamation Rolling Eyes

lol,

Why did you hang a bed base from the ceiling? Is there mirrors involved?

After my epic day today, if I have the energy, I'll do the gardening tonight- crank up the blower, and get the leaves of the turf!! Should take about 5 min, including getting the blower out the garage! Did that the other day while the guy next door was mowing trimming etc, im like "done" should have seen his face!

Don't know about beer, but red Red is full of antioxidants, so that will clear out the free radicals for ya!

I really want to know about that bed frame! Twisted Evil

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:22 am

Fire Up wrote:
my acts of laziness. hhhmm where should i start?

i pay for other ppl to cook my food, so i often make the trip to maccas etc a couple of times a week. also the odd sushi place, local shops. i go to supermarket and also buy the healthy choice meals (which is sometimes) and put that in microwave (does that count as cooking?)

and YES ive had all the tests done to see if im sick or anything bad. im FINE healthy as any athlete.

I like those healthy choice meals!

That's where I'm really lazy, I hate cooking!

Got a huge gorgeous kitchen, that most of the time is sparkling clean, think I'm going to mess it up by ...cooking!

Yesterday I cooked stir fry chicken, and fried rice for hubby, brown rice for me and junior, since the kitchen was clean, I used that fast cook rice! Don't tell hubby, he hates it! I hid the packet, he couldn't tell the difference! Rice cookers make so much mess, and if I cook it on the stove I tend to forget it!

Cooked a healthy baked cheesecake too, that was worth the effort, couldn't taste the difference from the real thing, bloody fantastic! And only 2 bowls, and a pan!

Only thing I never cheat on is porridge, gotta use the whole oats. Let them soak, and then cook. Not worth eating the fast stuff!

Not lazy in the gym, love the gym, could stay in there for hours, don't know why, must be the endorphins!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:13 am

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
^

So how hard is it to straighten the doona Exclamation Rolling Eyes

lol,

Why did you hang a bed base from the ceiling? Is there mirrors involved?

After my epic day today, if I have the energy, I'll do the gardening tonight- crank up the blower, and get the leaves of the turf!! Should take about 5 min, including getting the blower out the garage! Did that the other day while the guy next door was mowing trimming etc, im like "done" should have seen his face!

Don't know about beer, but red Red is full of antioxidants, so that will clear out the free radicals for ya!

I really want to know about that bed frame! Twisted Evil

Well hanging the mirrors from the ceiling was too hard so I laid the mirrors on the floor and hung the bed base from the ceiling. Razz

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:40 pm

The mind boggles!
annewilo 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 pm

think positive wrote:
The mind boggles!

I think you and the Gen Y need a Gap year. Send her to Africa for 12 months. Suggest she also take the crumbs as a gift for the locals. The Gap year is the best invention the Poms ever came up with.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:49 pm

I'm a pom and no way is she having a gap year unless she gets a full time job!!

Send her overseas??

I barely survived a week of schoolies and that was only a two hour drive away!!

Left both kids a note this morning, came home to an empty dishwasher, clothes on the line, and the dry stuff filed and hung!

Oldest went to boyfriends about lunch time, guess she would rather make a mess there, good old fashion Macedonian mother to clean up after her!!

annewilo 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:54 pm

think positive wrote:
I'm a pom and no way is she having a gap year unless she gets a full time job!!

Send her overseas??

I barely survived a week of schoolies and that was only a two hour drive away!!

Left both kids a note this morning, came home to an empty dishwasher, clothes on the line, and the dry stuff filed and hung!

Oldest went to boyfriends about lunch time, guess she would rather make a mess there, good old fashion Macedonian mother to clean up after her!!

A Gap year is a year to grow. You can work it or give your time to a charity or good cause. And amazingly they do grow if overseas. All that grounding you have given her starts to fall in to place. Let her do it with a friend if you are worried. They can watch each others back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: