Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Willy's match at Tassie.A report on the Magpie boys.....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie24 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 11:34 am
Post subject: Willy's match at Tassie.A report on the Magpie boys.....Reply with quote

ONCE AGAIN A SPECIAL THANK YOU TASSIE FROM TASSIE AND HOTROD

In front of a disappointing but vocal crowd at Devonport the vistors failed to beat my home state by seven points in a very entertaining game.

Some brief notes of the boys from Pie land;

Alan Didak - Started on the wing and provided plenty of run and got heaps of the pill. Never really looked rushed and ran thru the lines very well. Was tagged from latter part of 1st 1/4 till end but still played well. Looks extremely fit and kicked a good goal under fair bit of pressure in the last 1/4.

Andrew Ukovic - Worked himself into the game very slowly almost like for the first half he was sleep walking. Played a much better 2nd half, took the opposition on a few time which resultred in Micky McGuane type runs ultimately setting up Willy goals.

Brent Tuckey - Started at full forard but moved up the ground as the game went on. Took a heap of marks and had good clean hands all day. Lead well even in conjested areas. His kicking was very sound. Appeared to be making a concerted effort to at least bring the ball to the ground if he couldn't mark it and worked hard to keep the ball in his forward area. Was closely checked all day and received a couple of "holding" frees accordingly. Kicked 4 goals.

Rhyce Shaw - Played back ,midfield and forward (everywhere). At times looked a league above other players and at times looked a league below them. He did make some awful clangers (mostly when not pressured) but showed a lot of class with his work in heavy traffic and finishing skills. Looked a little disinterested at times but was tagged almost all game and given plenty of attention from Tassie boys.

Dale Baynes - Don't think he had any game time in the first half and was doing laps at half time with a trainer to warm up. When he did get on he showed plenty of strength and a willingness to take players on in the mould of Jarrod Molloy. Not prominent however but may have been carrying an injury.

Ben Kinnear - Tried very hard all day but just appeared to me to lack confidence. (May just have been tired from the flights to Adelaide and then Tassie). Took some telling marks and used his body well (I didn't think he was that solid actually). By the end of the game he was probably one of Willy's better players.

Heath Scotland - One of Will's best. Got leather poisoning and was keen to impress whoever was watching. Played a wing/midfield role and snuck into the forward line at times and was dangerous finishing with 2 goals. His disposal by foot in field play though was up and down and needs to be consistently good beacuase his poor kicks mean turnovers. Ran all day and his experience at senior level shone out.

Nick Stone - Got little game time but played half back when he did. At times looked awkward/clumbsy but then in other contests took a couple of good clean marks.

Jason Cloke - Will be a good player for Collingwood. Was a good lead and a straight kick. Filled holes in the backline also and when forward provided a good target. Looks very enthusiastic and keen to do well. Showed a lot of promise.

Andrew Hill - Mostly played forward. Fairly mobile and has certainly beefed up since he left Tassie. Did some of the rucking work in the forward line, used his body well here getting a few good taps and took the ball out of the air a few times too. Is a strong mark but his kicking is a lttle suspect both for goal and during general field play. I thought he played very well though.

I hope this is of interest to a few of you out there. I am not overly accumstomed to providing match reports but thought I'd better give it a go seeing I was at the game. Overall Willy would be disppointed with the loss as they controlled most of the game with the exception of a terrible lapse for about 15 minutes in the 2nd q. Were running over Tassie in the finish but left their run too late. I hope they play here again next year though.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Willy won
I have this feeling they won't make the 8 this year.

the great number 17
DaicosForever 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 1:52 pm

this is a sensational post and i hope we get more of them...Thanks heaps

Louis

DG 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 4:47 pm

Great effort, and speaking for myself, I appreciate it very much. Keep up the good work. DG

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: