Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vs Springvale

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:05 pm
Post subject: Vs SpringvaleReply with quote

Good effort today, pity tho. Betta luck next week.

Go Danny!
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 12:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dimma was the best

Go Danny!
magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2001 1:23 pm

Special thanks to Bolts.......

Willy got done by 5 goals. Scrappy game and skill level of both sides generally way below that of the senior standard.

Adkins - looks fit enough to play seniors now. Made a few skill errors by foot leading to turnovers. Looks to have cut out trying to do too much from his reportoire. Think he may have kicked a goal, played alright.

Didak - a couple flashes of real skill but nothing spectacular. Got plenty of the ball. Looks to handball a lot but Springvale were playing a very tight, accountable game, so most of our blokes found it hard to find space. Think he needs to work on his tackling. Missed a couple of shots on goal.

Ukovic - thought he looked good on the forward flank but lined up in defence in the 2nd half, not so good. A couple of nice spoils. Looks very fit and is very athletic. Could be a spot for him at some point.

Wasley - didn't see him much, but was out there. Might have been tagging someone. Didn't get much of it.

Burns - didn't play.

Tuckey - waste of time this guy. First half was reasonable, think he kicked a couple. But second half got pushed off the ball way too easily, dropped marks he should have taken, didn't lead and missed shots on goal. Adios I think.

Shaw - did some good work but I don't think half-back is his go. I would prefer to see him wing/on ball/up forward. I guess the half-back is for his development/footballing education but he isn't suited to it. However, a couple of nice spoils on taller & stronger opponents. A couple of muff ups when it was hot though.

Kinnear - solid. Good delivery into their forward line made it tough for him. A couple of very strong, authoritative grabs. Spent some time in the ruck (nothing special) but ran forward and kicked a nice goal.

Scotland - was good. Very good. Almost promote him to the ones on that performance. Got heaps of the ball. Was a general of the defence. Looked to have plenty of time and was very sure by hand and foot. Thinking footballer. Skills looked good. Very few (if any) errors. Our best player on the day by a mile.

Roach - did a few good things. Obviously has skill but looks down on confidence. He was rotating between half-back and on-ball. Got pushed off the ball a couple of times but looks like he may make it. Wing might be his go or half forward where he can float in and out of the play. Doesn't appear to like it too tight or hard, but could improve here. Has a good leap and is a nice kick.

Dimma - your average VFL footballer. Got plenty of pill. Delivered usually effectively. Got the hard ball. Nothing special but was one of our best - sounds like a contraction, I know, but my feeling on Dimma is that he is handy for depth purposes but my jury is still out on the long-term picture.

Stone - was taken off the ground in the first half but when he came back on looked o.k. Took one very strong grab. Looks to move pretty well. Needs a lot more time in the twos, nowhere near senior standard at this point, but shows a bit.

Cloke - I like the look of this guy. First time I have watched him in the flesh. Played forward. Kicked goals, moved well, tackled, harrassed, did the hard stuff, definitely has his old man's heart. Will be a very good player long term. Has a footballer's brain. In one piece of play where the ball was about to bounce, two Springy guys ran the wrong way and he read it beautifully. A good 'un. Solid, very solid. Ready to gain a game in the ones on today's form.

Hill - took some good marks, moves well and kicked a very nice long goal. Hope he could stand up. My mate agreed with me that we might possibly have something here. Jury is far from reaching a decision, but early signs are positive.

On the overall, not a hell of a lot to be overly enthused about. Kinnear showed patches. Scotland was the biggest positive. Willy as a team need a ruckman (got thrashed here by Tim Elliott) and a forward line crumber. They still look like they haven't gelled that well either. Springy moved the ball more effectively whereas we went wide and had to scrap for ours. Also, the Captain isn't much of a fullback. I like the look of Wood (no.19) - we might want to consider him with a late round pick come draft time.

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 12:31 pm

I thought Hill was good, too, with 5 goals.

Go Danny!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 3:49 pm

yeah onya magpie24.
i used to go watch the ressys all the time but now i dont really have the time to hike my arse all the way over the willy, its too bloody far away.
so do u think benny kinnear will get in the seniors much this year?

magpie24 

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2001 3:50 am

Can't tell you about Benny,Bolts posted the report on Hotrods board and i bought it over here.
I didn't go to the ressies,went once and found it boring think its the different jumpers!

******WE WILL RISE IN OUR WAY*****
Pugsville 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 7:00 am

TEST

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: