Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Welcome to Collingwood - Corey Gault (Pick 65)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely they aren't his 'highlights'?

If so he's become adept at going to ground but still managing to dispose reasonably effectively, and handballing one metre to guy in not much better position.

Can someone who watches the VFL team please tell me he's had better moments than these?

Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

If so he's become adept at going to ground but still managing to dispose reasonably effectively, and handballing one metre to guy in not much better position.

Can someone who watches the VFL team please tell me he's had better moments than these?

You took the words straight out of my keyboard.
If those are his highlights then he is a full blown list clogger.
One highlight of him taking a remotely contested mark (that was a 2 on one anyway).
He must have pics of Hine in a compromising position....

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

I think you'll find they were working of a limited offering due to limited televised games. I personally think he went backwards a little in 2013 compared to his work as a tall forward in 2012 but apparently had niggling injury issues which plagued him in 2013 but still managed to play most weeks.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:08 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2013-11-27/sessionbysession-corey-gault

Lovely interview.

Boy has he put on size (& his comments do show a good sense of maturity, experience & knowledge).

Remember this is a kid (I think from rural WA) coming a long way to Victoria, a skinny kid who had a growth spurt in his final year before being selected , injury issues & then form issues while he was here.

Welcome aboard, good luck & hope you make it with us Corey.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:10 pm

jackcass wrote:
Breadcrawl wrote:

I think you'll find they were working of a limited offering due to limited televised games. I personally think he went backwards a little in 2013 compared to his work as a tall forward in 2012 but apparently had niggling injury issues which plagued him in 2013 but still managed to play most weeks.

On the other hand, the "highlights" probably explain why, despite me watching almost every VFL game this year (and many last year, too), I had no idea which one Gault was.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Welcome back! Feels like he never left.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Needs to Re-Pay the Club for Rooking him after De-Listing Him
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Needs to Re-Pay the Club for Rooking him after De-Listing Him

I don't mind the kid at all. However, I'm not sure what the term "repay" actually means. The club has chosen to stick to the contract in one form or another.

Gault sounded quite determined in his interview to succeed & sounded as though he learnt a lot in the last 12 months.

I think many if us underestimate how tough it could be for a really young guy to leave their home state when only but a "pup". Hopefully he does good for himself, the club & those who support him through his efforts.

Last edited by watt price tully on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Breadcrawl wrote:

When you compare to Marsh it leaves you somewhat bewildered.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:46 pm

watt price tully wrote:

Lovely interview.

Boy has he put on size (& his comments do show a good sense of maturity, experience & knowledge).

Remember this is a kid (I think from rural WA) coming a long way to Victoria, a skinny kid who had a growth spurt in his final year before being selected , injury issues & then form issues while he was here.

That's the thing, he played all his junior footy as a midfielder, now he's basically 200cm. You have to re-learn a whole lot of stuff.

The kid won me in his first season when I looked at him running and leaping at marks and thought who the hell is the big midfielder?

I don't think he'll be a KPP for a fair while but jesus, turned loose on a HFF or Wing with a licence to run and mark (think Richo) he has the potential to be something special.

Keeffe looked like he was no where near it his first few VFL seasons, and plenty of people still doubt Witts. Time and patience and with big blokes, the rewards can come.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VlGyMG0ksg
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

Lovely interview.

That's the thing, he played all his junior footy as a midfielder, now he's basically 200cm. You have to re-learn a whole lot of stuff.

The kid won me in his first season when I looked at him running and leaping at marks and thought who the hell is the big midfielder?

I don't think he'll be a KPP for a fair while but jesus, turned loose on a HFF or Wing with a licence to run and mark (think Richo) he has the potential to be something special.

Keeffe looked like he was no where near it his first few VFL seasons, and plenty of people still doubt Witts. Time and patience and with big blokes, the rewards can come.

Hear hear!
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Simply the most underwhelming highlights package ever compiled.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Welcome back Corey Smile

Hopefully you make the most of your opportunities at Collingwood the second time round!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: