Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like broad beans!
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:00 am

think positive wrote:
And we had to eat them or sit at the table allllll night. Ugh ugh UGHHH

WTF was with that train of thought? I had to stay at the table too until I finished my dinner. Even if it was stuff I didn't like. WHY?????

I never forced my kid to ever eat anything she didn't like. Why would anyone waste their time? If she ate potatoes and pumpkin and onion and mushrooms and cauliflower............... why would I force her to eat peas and corn and broccoli if I knew she hated it?

Stupid.

#SIDEBYSIDE
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:18 am

mandy wrote:
think positive wrote:

WTF was with that train of thought? I had to stay at the table too until I finished my dinner. Even if it was stuff I didn't like. WHY?????

I never forced my kid to ever eat anything she didn't like. Why would anyone waste their time? If she ate potatoes and pumpkin and onion and mushrooms and cauliflower............... why would I force her to eat peas and corn and broccoli if I knew she hated it?

Stupid.

We were lucky our kids didn't really have any issues with eating a variety of foods. I reckon it was because Mrs WPT quite early as babies, gave them heaps of veges & we ate them at home together (veges not kids).

The youngest had an issue with tomatoes at one time - it was either cooked or fresh - can't recall.

I had an issue with mushrooms as a kid that I reckon was related to Campbell's tinned cream of mushroom soup we were forced to endure when Mum was working afternoon shifts.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:22 am

You never know what you will do until you face the circumstances.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Went out for Mrs WPT & my birthdays to a place called Epocha in Rathdowne Street Carlton close to Victoria Street with my youngest & her bf.

http://www.epocha.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Epocha-Menu-12.05.pdf

Big dinner, with 2 large entrees, 2 large mains, & various veges
2 bottles of French rose
4 sharing 2 deserts

very nice!

(need to work another overtime shift though)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:28 am

watt price tully wrote:
Went out for Mrs WPT & my birthdays to a place called Epocha in Rathdowne Street Carlton close to Victoria Street with my youngest & her bf.

2 bottles of French rose
4 sharing 2 deserts

very nice!

Happy birthday to you both xx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:35 am

watt price tully wrote:
mandy wrote:
think positive wrote:

Stupid.

We were lucky our kids didn't really have any issues with eating a variety of foods. I reckon it was because Mrs WPT quite early as babies, gave them heaps of veges & we ate them at home together (veges not kids).

The youngest had an issue with tomatoes at one time - it was either cooked or fresh - can't recall.

I had an issue with mushrooms as a kid that I reckon was related to Campbell's tinned cream of mushroom soup we were forced to endure when Mum was working afternoon shifts.

Yeah I agree Mandy. All it does is put up a psychological barrier for ever more!

WPT my youngest hated tomatoes; I bribed her into eating one one night, I think she was about 4! She threw up everywhere. I could hide them in things and she would eat them, and not throw up! And as a kid she would gulp down tomato sauce by the gallon! She still doesn't like them whole.

My eldest hates peas.

I used to hate broccoli and cauliflower too, and I think it was because mum boiled everything into oblivion and I prefer my veggies crunchy. I tried that theory with Brussel sprouts a couple of years ago. Nup. Still taste like crap!

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:01 pm

I used to hate broccoli and cauliflower too, and I think it was because mum boiled everything into oblivion and I prefer my veggies crunchy. I tried that theory with Brussel sprouts a couple of years ago. Nup. Still taste like crap![/quote]

When I was i n primary school we lived in Kilsyth South which was still semi rural. We had stuff all to do during the school holidays so would crawl all over the old quarry, the small farms etc and we came upon a sprout patch. About 6 of us decided to play cricket using the hoes and we basically destroyed them. The italian bloke growing them turned up with his family to pick them and we were spotted. There were a dozen or so houses in our patch and 6 families had to buy the crop. We had sprouts from arsehole to breakfast. So every kid in the street had sprouts for every meal for a fortnight. Those not involved were given fish and chips on the fridays but not us. Fish and sprouts. To this day I have never eaten another one.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:11 pm

I always hated sprouts but I'm stubborn so I try different ways to see if they're edible.

Roasted in the air roaster they weren't bad, better than boiled or steamed. Might try roasting them in a covered pan with some bacon and garlic, heard good things about that.

As a kid, my mum also used to boil the guts out of all vegetables, it took me years to get to appreciate beans and cabbage for what they could be when they weren't cooked to mush.

I still have a problem with raw tomatoes though. I love them cooked and tomato soup but I can only eat raw tomato in small doses.

And for dinner tonight, I'm getting takeaway. Pizza and ribs.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:55 pm

Hah, must have been a generational thing! Hubby said his mum did too!

Ronrat what a punishment! Ugh, that's just cruel!

If you can get sweet tomatoes, or just ones that aren't bitter, I love them raw. Lots of sea salt, pepper and apple cider vinegar! Chop em up with red onion and cucumber.

Funny, tomatoes are one of the few things better for you cooked than raw, it apparently inhances the lycopene in them.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Chili con Cerdo tonight.

No kids coming over so I'll have leftovers. I dialed back the heat to focus on flavour but it's still got a reasonable kick. Hope the old girl can eat it.

Can't wait for my tomatillo seedlings to get a bit bigger so I can pot them out and harvest some fruit.

Planning on making up some Salsa Verde and some Chili Verde con Cerdo.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Dunno but it smells good! I did a shirt load of paperwork today, and hubby didn't tell me he invited people over, so he cooked everything! You gotta love that!

I'd never heard of anything Cerdo, googled it, sounds alright! I love Mexican or South American food.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:35 pm

^

yeah, chili con carne with diced pork.

The "verde" is spanish for green so when you use the tomatillos as a base rather than tomatoes you get green salsa and green chili.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:30 pm

I must be one of the few people that like brussel sprouts - lightly steamed with a bit of butter. But I eat most vegies anyway.

And I too grew up on vegies boiled to within an inch of their life.

Did go through a period where I couldn't eat tomatoes. Was after a summer school holidays picking tomatoes at a farm near Tatura. Hot and damn hard work to fill a bin. And the smell if happened to grab a rotten one! Even now the smell of tomato plants or the leaves gives me chills.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:07 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

2 bottles of French rose
4 sharing 2 deserts

very nice!

Happy birthday to you both xx

Cheers Jo. Yep the big 40. Mid life crisis about to set in Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 59 of 119   

Jump to: