Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
You obviously didn't see that episode of Black Comedy, Stui? Try googling "Blakforce".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ8iAjhiJNk

Laughing

That's the one! 2m 55s to 3m 5s - "WTF is kale?" Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
They were out of kale?

Really? U guys don't grow your own?

You gotta have kale!

No, I don't.

Horrible shit. Until some marketing genius convinced people it was a superfood there was a reason no one ate it.

So we got roast potato, pumpkin and beetroot, and steamed silver beet, peas, carrots, zucchini and broccoli.

No Kale here, here - no kale

put some flavour on it, way better than silver beet, yuk!!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:58 pm

I like silver beet. Confused
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Yuk!

Cooked grilled chicken breast, I flattened it, coated in salt and pepper flour, egg, and crumbs mixed with moist coconut flakes, cooked in a little lemon olive oil, man it was good! And lots of oven baked veggies, comfort food for this god awful weather!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:05 pm

I'm not sure what to call what i'm making. I figure different cuisines developed with distinctive ingredients because they didn't have access to all the stuff we have now. So why be faithful to a particular recipe or style when you can mix stuff up?

Anyway. I've got some chicken fillets that I've given a dry rub or Tagine spices. Gonna brown them in the pan and lob in a tin of tomatoes, 2 cups of chicken stock a few more tagine spices and cook that all slowly covered so the chicken gets the flavour and stays moist.

To go with that. I've got some brown rice, red rice, quinoa and lentils all cooking together, along with some slices of sweet potato.

When the grains are cooked, I'll dice up the sweet potato and mix it in.

In another container I've got some vegetable mix. Some diced Radish, Tomato, and celery, with some broccolini I blanched, chilled and cut into pieces, some black eyed beans and some peas and corn. May be a couple of other things I've forgot. Once the rice mix is cooked, drained and cooled, I'll mix that in with the veges. Can use it as a salad or, what I'm planning is, dish that on the plate, put the chicken breast on top and ladle some of the sauce over.

Maybe I should call it Moroccan Chicken Hallucination.?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I'm not sure what to call what i'm making. I figure different cuisines developed with distinctive ingredients because they didn't have access to all the stuff we have now. So why be faithful to a particular recipe or style when you can mix stuff up?

Anyway. I've got some chicken fillets that I've given a dry rub or Tagine spices. Gonna brown them in the pan and lob in a tin of tomatoes, 2 cups of chicken stock a few more tagine spices and cook that all slowly covered so the chicken gets the flavour and stays moist.

To go with that. I've got some brown rice, red rice, quinoa and lentils all cooking together, along with some slices of sweet potato.

When the grains are cooked, I'll dice up the sweet potato and mix it in.

In another container I've got some vegetable mix. Some diced Radish, Tomato, and celery, with some broccolini I blanched, chilled and cut into pieces, some black eyed beans and some peas and corn. May be a couple of other things I've forgot. Once the rice mix is cooked, drained and cooled, I'll mix that in with the veges. Can use it as a salad or, what I'm planning is, dish that on the plate, put the chicken breast on top and ladle some of the sauce over.

Maybe I should call it Moroccan Chicken Hallucination.?

Man that's a lot of cooking! Enjoy! I love Sunday's,

Hubby cooks!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Anyone got any ideas? Sigh!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:28 pm

Did a slow roast beef on the weekend. Yum.

Tonight I'm going to do some pork spare ribs, marinated and cooked in the oven covered for about an hour then browned off in a pan.

The old girl will be in charge of doing some veges. I'll put an order in for mash sweet potatoes and she can chuck whatever she can find in the crisper into the steamer.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Mrs WPT is making a stir fry veg with marinated tofu tonight with Brown Basmati rice. I've been eating too much meat lately.

I worked night shift on Sunday & Monday and Mrs WPT made me a chicken soup one day so I could have it at work & a roast eye fillet the other day. For a vegetarian she is looking after me & I'm very grateful.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:54 pm

^

I did a chicken and vege soup on the weekend too.

I deliberately cook up too much food to get the old girl eating more. She's in self generated competition with the dog. Laughing

Before she moved down to Melbourne, she would probably have some dry biscuits for lunch, now she's having home made soup and/or leftovers.

All I have to say is "don't worry, what you don't eat will go to the dog"

Her response is always, " The Dog's not getting that, that's good food I'm not letting it go to waste"

Any logic such as the left overs going to the dog is cheaper than buying dog foods and probably more healthy for the mutt doesn't sink in and i don't push the point cos I know she's eating better than she was. Razz Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:05 pm

gees you guys like cooking!!

we had leftovers plus I made up some pasta/cheese and some lamb steaks for hubby and the kids. he made this weird chicken dish last night, stuck in a can of fruit salad to make it sweet and sour apparently, even the dogs wanted it washed!!

I had a big big salad, a bit of washed chicken on top. im getting ready for Hawaii!! finished off with some nice red grapes.

ok it was wine.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:26 pm

I drink fruit juice every night.

Gapes are fruit and so what if it's been fermented.

But yeah, I do like cooking. A few years back I considered trying to go into a food shop but my tentative plan is to go into partnership with some existing shop as a supplier. I'll cook stuff that they can reheat like Chilli, deliver it in batch loads, they pay me for it and sell it for what they can get.

I don't have to have the overheads of a shop or deal with dickhead customers, just cook and deliver.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:31 pm

ugh my worst nightmare!!

ive been juicing, cleaning that thing is a pain!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Fambly night, cooking up a Thai Green Chicken Curry.

Since the young bloke is now eating real food, I'm doing a little something for him. Can't give him the curry, would be too spicy for him, have to wean him into that little by little, so I'm doing some chicken with bacon, sweet potato and some peas simmering in chicken stock with a dash of thai seasoning for flavour.

Mix that with some of the rice everyone else will be eating and bob's your builder.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Tonight's sumptuous repast will be diced steak and stout in the slow cooker with celery, onion, carrots and mushrooms, served with mashed roast sweet potato and rice with quinoa.

Made my version of minestrone soup yesterday, lunch for the week. Lots of beans of different kinds, bacon bones for stock, little bit of veg for colour.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 53 of 119   

Jump to: