Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
I just love steak!

We get pretty average cuts on-site and I never eat it anymore.

Got home Monday night.
Tuesday after my swim, massive (850g) rib-eye with the bone. Marinated in; olive oil, worcestershire, tabasco and 4 cloves of grated garlic for about 2 hr's, then on the BBQ. Just that and a few beers.... sensational!

Wednesday was light picking throughout the day, cereal, little tin of tuna, some fruit, coupla beers. Dinner was BBQ time again. Porterhouse steaks, marinated the same as the rib-eye and some BBQ snags, with eggs and chips (I make the chips and cook on the BBQ)

Yesterday was some chicken, but today, the craving for a steak will be satisfied at the Stringy Bark Tavern in Wanneroo, a catch up with the folks and brother for lunch. They do a really nice T-Bone.

hubby is cooking steak tonight, hopefully he doesnt over cook it, i like mine rare! i only east red meat once a week or so, we live on chicken and fish.

and i just emailed the pic to you, cheers

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Up in Toc ATM. Grabed a chicken and some salad for last night, bit for lunch todat and grabbed a home made steack and mushroom pie for dinner tonight. It's like 2.5 for and twentys thick so will have to go the knifeand fork option after i warm it up
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Local bar is organising a lamb roast dinner for tomorrow during the Freo=St Vomit game. 200 baht which is about 9 bucks. 2.30 Thai time.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Thanks to the end of Daylight Saving got an early start to the trip back home from NSW.

I was home before 11am, unloaded then went and did the week's grocery shopping and put dinner on, then did last week's laundry.

Got a chicken casserole in the crock pot with some thigh fillets (just cut in half) some packet seasoning, leek, carrots potato and peas. Serve that with some brown rice and Bob's your non-gender specific relative.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:04 pm

Cooked chicken wings yesterday for lunch and had pizza for dinner. So tonights dinner is leftovers reheated in the air fryer.

The old bank isn't bad. http://www.theoldbank.com.au/

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:23 pm

Shitty day, doing some homemade pea and ham soup for dinner.

Update, just blended some of it, removed the ham hock, diced the meat and put it back. Fkn yummo.

I don't like it when it's the consistency of porridge or a stew, I like it still to be runny but have all the flavour. All boxes ticked. Very Happy

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:54 pm

Didn't have too much tonight: mixed garden salad, Israeli salad (diced tomatoes, capsicum, leb cucumbers, spring oinion, aquished haas avacado with salt, pepper and a bit of lemon juice) and a good size tin of Sirena tuna in olive oil. Had a few veges sliced with hummous ealier and a bit of tasty cheese. Then had some nuts (brazil and walnuts) and 90% chocolate with a cup of tea.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:42 pm

Gees that sounds healthy!

Had dinner at the Port Arlington golf club, I didn’t think I was hungry, but I gulped down the best chicken breast I ever ate! With sour cream salsa and avocado, chips and no dressing salad. I always give most of my chips to hubby but I took em back! Nice glass of Merlot, and we were right in front of the telly playing the footy! I said to hubby go have a play on the pokeys, I’ll watch footy, so I got another red and ordered a sticky date, she says “2 spoons?” I’m yeah I guess! I saved him a little of the cake! OMG best meal ever after the best shower ever! Ok maybe not since it’s in the van but gees seriously, we worked so hard today! Finished the insulation, cleaned the whole house up, did a check over, which was a good thing because the plumber done how completely missed the upstairs powder room! Even though the toilet is in there and we discussed which way it should sit! The plasterers were meant to start Monday but now it’s wednesday which is actually good! Tomorrow we fit the gates and fences hubby made, slurry a shower base and pretty right to go! Man it’s been a long hard road but so so worth it! I’m totally knackered, drinking a Jim bean black watching the fugitive 2 (we need a better antenna for the telly!) and I reckon I’ll sleep like the dead tonight! Cheers!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:02 pm

^ Do you have some land at Port Arlington area TP?

Oldest has been staying with us and wanted a chicken curry. Mrs WPT who is a vegetarian made one: if I had asked ...... Nevertheless, it was a Nigella Lawson special (apparently she has a cooking show - I must pay attention to what her shows are about). Delicious. Yesterday had a bed of spinach leaves with the curry and green beans on-top. Microwaved & added some diced tomatoes, cucs and red capsicum. Yum, I have it for dinner tonight at work again.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:06 pm

Apart from the soup, I've had a break from cooking over easter.

Today, got back. Picked up a 3 1/2 kg pork butt from Costco. Had to cut it as it was too big for the slow cooker so I'll roast the rest later in the week.

Put it in the slow cooker with a bed of dry white beans and some chicken stock and herbs. Cook for 19 hours.

On the side I've made a medley of veges to roast in the air fryer. Zucchini, Capsicum, Brussel Sprouts, onion, cherry tomoatoes, asparagus and potato, all mixed with olive oil and herbed salt.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:20 pm

watt price tully wrote:
^ Do you have some land at Port Arlington area TP?

Oldest has been staying with us and wanted a chicken curry. Mrs WPT who is a vegetarian made one: if I had asked ...... Nevertheless, it was a Nigella Lawson special (apparently she has a cooking show - I must pay attention to what her shows are about). Delicious. Yesterday had a bed of spinach leaves with the curry and green beans on-top. Microwaved & added some diced tomatoes, cucs and red capsicum. Yum, I have it for dinner tonight at work again.

We are building a beach house in indented head, it’s gorgeous but hard yakka! Can’t wait til it’s finished!!

Where do you guys come from way back, must be somewhere that loves and appreciates good food and cooking!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:21 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Apart from the soup, I've had a break from cooking over easter.

Today, got back. Picked up a 3 1/2 kg pork butt from Costco. Had to cut it as it was too big for the slow cooker so I'll roast the rest later in the week.

Put it in the slow cooker with a bed of dry white beans and some chicken stock and herbs. Cook for 19 hours.

On the side I've made a medley of veges to roast in the air fryer. Zucchini, Capsicum, Brussel Sprouts, onion, cherry tomoatoes, asparagus and potato, all mixed with olive oil and herbed salt.

Sounds yum except the Brussel sprouts!

djh 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:37 pm
Post subject: Brussels SproutsReply with quote

Roasted brussels sprouts are delicious. I am new to the airfryer, how long do they take?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Cooking for one would be quicker, just a single layer on a dish, probably 15-20 on 170.

I had a casserole dish full of veges so I gave it 10 minutes, mix it round, leave it sit then repeat 2-3 times, testing as we go.

Came up well

djh 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:05 pm
Post subject: Brussels SproutsReply with quote

Thanks stui magpie. Will give them a go tomorrow.

Long time reader of all these posts (not just cooking!!) but rarely post.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 91 of 119   

Jump to: