Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So. What's for Dinner?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a decent Porterhouse or lamb cutlets here is harder than unused splitch crotch panties . Two things I look forward to when I go home.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:59 pm

think positive wrote:
Porterhouse, melt in the mouth, and really really good give me more chips! The Toyota car club put on a remembering Peter night for my brother in law, and they invited us all, and shouted us dinner. Pub in port Melbourne, really good food! It was a nice night, good to see people telling funny stories, and they had lots of photos and video of him. Man it was exhausting though. Cheers

That's good to hear. Well done to the car club.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 pm

K wrote:
think positive wrote:
Porterhouse, melt in the mouth, and really really good give me more chips! The Toyota car club put on a remembering Peter night for my brother in law, and they invited us all, and shouted us dinner. Pub in port Melbourne, really good food! It was a nice night, good to see people telling funny stories, and they had lots of photos and video of him. Man it was exhausting though. Cheers

That's good to hear. Well done to the car club.

Cheers Mate, Really was well done. There is a little bit more peace in me today.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Last weekend the son put in a request for American BBQ for the following Sunday.

So last night, I did. But all done in the oven.

3kg pork ribs
1kg beef spare ribs
1kg Buffalo wings
Coleslaw
Corn on the cob
Sourdoughs bread with butter.

Cooked the meat low and slow in the oven and made my own sweet, hot and tangy BBQ sauce for the pork ribs

Left overs for dinner tonight. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:21 pm

Gees no one is eating much!

Had to go measure the gaps for the steel for the bottom story when I got home from juniors netball so went to the port Arlington golf club for dinner, I had port Arlington mussels and a side of veg, hubby had British parma. I hate parma but I had a taste of this one and it was fabulous! It had mash and gravy on it! Shared a sticky date - shhhh swoop and 2 glasses of house merlot, so good I got the name, barefoot! Cute botttle, cheap going to order a dozen and one each of the other flavours just to put on the shelf cos they look cool!

Hopefully this time next year we can come down here and catch the free bus home 5 min away! I swear my anxiety levels drop 50% on the drive down here. A walk on the beach with my camera and Im in zen zone!

Its been a really tough week, but right now in this moment I realise how truly good life is. Cheers

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Scotch Fillet steak for me and baked salmon for the 35 week pregnant mum to be. Mash, broccolini, sweet potato and carrot on the side.

Lemon roulade for dessert (cheated and store bought that one).
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:35 pm

oooooh thats getting close, how exciting!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:07 am

Southern fried chicken in the air fryer, coleslaw (low on the dressing), corn on the cob.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Making a Beef, Bacon, Beer and mushroom stew, with celery, parsnip, carrot and zucchini, and cheese and chive dumplings on top.

Got it simmering on the stove while watching the Pies game on TV. I'll make the dumplings at half time.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Got a few of those dumplings playing right now Sad
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:54 pm

1. I mada a vegetable chickpea curry late last week: Mustard seeds, cumin, tumeric, coriander and chilli (all ground), onion garlic, a tin of tomatoes and water that covers the veges: Carrot, potato, zucchini, red capsicum and cauliflower. Salt & pepper to taste. Served with brown rice, fresh cornander and indian yoghurt. Israeli side salad of diced tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber spring onion and left over tabbouli from the day before.

2. Last night youngest came over to stay & study (and cook) she made vegetable enchiladas with a coriander, lime and chilli sauce and a delicious sald.

3. Got home from work & footy (long day) and she made a tuna tomato/vege based pasta sauce with olives and pasta shells and a basic garden salad. For desert she made a moist carrot cake (with pecans and walnuts all in thr food processor) with lemon icing. Not good for the waistline.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:58 pm

watt price tully wrote:

2. Last night youngest came over to stay & study (and cook) she made vegetable enchiladas with a coriander, lime and chilli sauce and a delicious sald.

What is the relationship between coming over and studying?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:44 pm

K wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

What is the relationship between coming over and studying?

She primarily came to study. She usually on weekends studies at Monash Caulfield library. Also she brought washing: nice quiet warm house, Mrs WPT does tge washing ( more her whites etc) they went out early for brekky & shopping, then she studied . Her contribution as it were is something she likes doing: cooking and baking.

Happens every coupla weeks depending where she is with respect to assignments and exam prep. Has an exam on contract law I think in a few weeks

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:33 pm

watt price tully wrote:
1. I mada a vegetable chickpea curry late last week: Mustard seeds, cumin, tumeric, coriander and chilli (all ground), onion garlic, a tin of tomatoes and water that covers the veges: Carrot, potato, zucchini, red capsicum and cauliflower. Salt & pepper to taste. Served with brown rice, fresh cornander and indian yoghurt. Israeli side salad of diced tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber spring onion and left over tabbouli from the day before.

3. Got home from work & footy (long day) and she made a tuna tomato/vege based pasta sauce with olives and pasta shells and a basic garden salad. For desert she made a moist carrot cake (with pecans and walnuts all in thr food processor) with lemon icing. Not good for the waistline.

I like a salad more than cooked veges, but I just can't quite do it over winter

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 pm

Tonight doing a small pork roast on the rotisserie in the air fryer with some roast spuds and steamed veges.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 117, 118, 119  Next
Page 83 of 119   

Jump to: