Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TRAINING NOTES 20/12 - Don't get shitty with Nanna if she gi

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 1999 6:00 pm
Post subject: TRAINING NOTES 20/12 - Don't get shitty with Nanna if she giReply with quote

Training notes lifted from Hotrod's Extreme Black 'n' White Bullet In Board (with permission)
---------------------------------------------

Yes, THE RUNNING MAN was at it again today.

And what a damn fine day it was! Glorious sunshine, football's holiest ground & the lads wore their now traditional away garb.

Before I start I want to clear up a mess of my own making. Okay it turns out it WAS Cheesey O'Bree at Fridee's session & not Tarrant. Tazza DOESN'T have a Duran Duran hairstyle & it WAS Cheesey's lank locks indeed.
Anyhoo Obi is on the training track, wearing #11 & running like French soldier. He deadset looked a million bucks.
And that just may be what they're paying him!

Anyway, while Tuckey did his "see Spot run" routine the rest did the usual:

*jogging
*stretching
*short h/balling in groups of 3
*full pace & free form kick to kicking
*handball drill involving that big padded bag (a bit like what Paul Roos used to wrap round his leg) that you crash into. Can somebody tell me what it's called.
*then once again Mick showed us all something we hadn't seen before. If I were to name it I'd call it SWARMING. Six players donned a blue jumper. They were the backline & stood their men at the Members End. The rest of the list (except for Tuckey who has now run approx from Melb. to Sydney on the Rush Stand wing!) would, following a throw in from the windsock pocket at the Yarra Falls end, charge the ball forward in a whirling sea of black & white. I'm tipping Ghengis Khan used this sorta drill! Nine outta ten charges resulted in a goal.
Interesting to note that Ant played FF while Clark was FB (until he rolled his ankle & left the track)
*This was followed by another drill I'd never seen before. Just like the good old days at school when a fight broke out, the boys formed two seperate rings around the action. Three guys would then be selected. One player had the ball, one player tried to tag him & the other had to prevent the tag by shepherding. It was intense body on body stuff who's highpoint came when little Orchy blindsided Freezer Freeborn with a hip & shoulder from hell.

Quite frankly, this preseason has been somewhat of a revelation. Not only are many of the drills exotic to Lulie Street, they're very good to watch.

Every player who jogs a lap seems to have his own personal trainer to run with him. There is no rich & poor mentality. Every player gets individual attention. The guys must be enjoying it because nobody mucks up or whines. Even Tuckey sets up his own running markers before doing his thang.

*Bazookavic was wearing #9. Whether Freeborn has given it up, I dunno.

*Sharpen is still on the rookie list & trained in his #37.

*Licka now wears #18. Somebody told me that Walker Texas Ranger asked him to wear it as he also has had a couple of knee reco's. That can't be lucky!

*Johnson wears #31 & has the sort of blond hair that attracts Angels.

*Baynes (#3Cool is a fine specimen of a lad. I got a good look at him today. He is as tall as Kinnear & his body is better developed than Tarrants. He has key position written all over him. Bodywise he is ready for the deep end.

*Even Sav made a cameo. He jogged one lap with his personal trainer then disappeared back down the race.

*Turns out Hawking is still at the club.
He apparently rolled his ankle 2 sessions ago. He jogged a lap under supervision then disappeared down the race also.

*Wasley & Ricky Oh! joined in all training.

*Heath Scotlands thighs are the size of small cows.

*The grey in Cisco's hair is starting to make him look like the white feather Ravinelli.

*There was this kid wearing #56 today. He comes from the Prahran Dragons & arrived at VP around lunchtime today.

*Richo let a chestmark bounce 20 metres of his guts again. At least this time it was just at training!

*Jacotine has put blond tips in his hair & from behind looks like Scooter.

It's easy to be optimistic at this stage of the caper. Especially when you don't have anything to compare them to. But I will make this observation. THEY LOOK FARKING QUICK!!!

Hotrod
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Williamstown Factor All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: