Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our approach to the VFL in 2012

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brenny 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be surprised if we pick Sundberg up. I hope we do.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Culprit wrote:
I enjoy local football more, reminds me of the old days. Full strength beer, standing in the crowd. Sitting in the car in the rain. Having a chat with the players, coaches after a game. I am a member not a number.

You will love the Vic Park games Culprit. Just enough people to make a decent noise yet plenty of room to move and enjoy the footy the way you want to. I think we have done it pretty well for the last two years and i am personally very proud of what we have achieved with the stand alone team.

You are spot on about the focus is on winning games. I think Mick underestimated the importance of good morale in the younger developing players and his insistance on using VFL for training was not helping his AFL cause one little bit. Training is for training. Teach the kids to win, win often and win well.

SRG 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Think we learnt a lesson last year not making the finals - really hurt our seniors

Appears next year there is going to be more focus on the VFL and winning and not just development of the kids
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:16 am

When you lose $20,000,000 it hurts every area of the Club and the show-string the VFL team was running on got slashed last year so debts could be paid.

Hopefully this year some of the ectra $4,000,000 of member's money dumped into the coffers in 2011 will make it's way to the dvelopment of a winning culture in the future stars of our team.

A good start would be to properly acknowledge VFL players as Collingwood FC players and encourage all supporters to embrace that. At present the VFL listed guys that do all the grunt work for the VFL team feel like 'outsiders' just filling in gaps. They wear black and white stripes and play on Victoria Park for a team called 'Collingwood'....thats about as Collingwood as anyone can get.

jacquiz1 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:39 am

Culprit wrote:
^^ The VFL squad have picked up some quality players and they will offset any loss. I am so impressed by the current management and sqaud I am going to start going to VFL games and I can say I have never been to one.

Started going to matches at Vic Park last year & loved it. Will definitely be back there next year.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Feedback from the a new player for Collingwood VFL

Q. What was would you say is the difference between your old club and Collingwood?
A. Professionalism.

Q. How is your preseason training going?
A. Great there is plenty of help, I can use the facilities everyday and I am weeks ahead of my preseason per last year. (I will add, this lad is bigger and fitter than last year).

Q. Are the AFL listed players up themselves?
A. No, they are approachable and are keen to offer advice and help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: